NBA Veteran Rex Kalamian Named Head Coach of Armenian National Team
Detroit Pistons assistant coach Rex Kalamian has been named the new head coach of the Armenian national team, the Basketball Federation of Armenia informs, Armradio.am reports.
Kalamian is a well-traveled NBA veteran in coaching circles, serving stints with the Los Angeles Clippers, Sacramento Kings, Denver Nuggets, Toronto Raptors, Oklahoma City Thunder and Minnesota Timberwolves over 28 years. Kalamian has focused mostly on the defensive side of the ball during his coaching career.
Kalamian will continue his duties with the Pistons and will coach the Armenian National team during the offseason.
Under the new coach, the Armenian national team will take part in the European Championship of Small Countries, which will be held from June 28 to July 3 in Ta-Kali, Malta.
Kalamian told ESPN that his grandmother fled the Armenian genocide as a teenager and moved to the United States and that both his parents are Bronx-born Armenian-Americans.
- SADA CUP: Armenia Beat Iran 77:73 Armenia will face Syria in the final match on Sunday, June 26.
- SADA Cup։ Winning Start of Armenian Team Armenia's next opponent will be Iran.
- Armenian National Team is 92nd in FIFA World Rankings The Brazilian national team is on top of the world rankings.
- FIFA President Gianni Infantinօ Sent a Letter of Gratitude to FFA President Armen Melikbekyan First of all, please allow me to reiterate my heartfelt congratulations on this historic milestone and pay tribute to all those who keep our sport alive and ensure its prosperity in Armenia, and to all...
- Two Armenian Gymnasts Crowned All-Round Champions of the World Cup Series For the first time in the history of athletic gymnastics of the Republic of Armenia, Arthur Davtyan (vault) and Vahagn Davtyan (rings) have become all-round champions of the World Cup series, the Armenian...
5 Dead, 19 Injured After Two Quakes jolt Iran in One Day
Prime Minister Pashinyan Discussed with Samvel Karapetyan the Course of Investment Projects of "Tashir" Group of Companies
Fourth Meeting of the Special Representatives of Armenia and Turkey
The Prime Minister Received the Federal Minister of Economic Cooperation and Development of Germany
PM Pashinyan Chairs Security Coucil Meeting
Calling NATO Exclusively Defensive Alliance is Ridiculous, Disgraceful: Lavrov
Finnish FM Speaks On Timing of Country's Entry Into NATO
Gagik Jhangiryan Resigns as Member of Supreme Judicial Council
The Prime Minister Congratulated the Employees of the Prosecutor’s Office
Poland completes Belarus border wall to keep migrants out
Erdogan Allows Sudden Start Of Military Operations In Syria
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
EU Toivo Klaar Welcomes Armenian and Azerbaijani Efforts Towards 'Peaceful Future'
German Federal Minister for Economic Cooperation Visits Armenian Genocide Memorial in Yerevan
2 Armenia Opposition MPs are Recalled from their National Assembly Leadership Positions
President Khachaturyan Nominates Hovakim Hovakimyan for Judge of Constitutional Court
The Residents of Aghavno will be Displaced to Hin Shen and Mets Shen: Artsakh Ombudsman
The Ministries of Foreign Affairs of Armenia and Serbia hold political consultations
Pashinyan Sends Congratulatory Message To The Prime Minister of Canada
On July 1 at 11:00, by NA President’s Decision Extraordinary Session of National Assembly to Be Convened
Alexander Leonovich Kemurdzhian, Designer of the First Planet Rover
Andranik Iosifyan from Artsakh: Father of Electromechanics, "Chief Electrician" of Missile Technology
The People of Artsakh Have the Same Rights as Everyone: Ararat Mirzoyan
Artsakh's NSS Urges Against Spread of Dubious News
Michel Matthew Ter-Pogossian, the ''Father'' of Positron Emission Tomography
Artsakh’s NSS Reveals Case of High Treason
It Is Necessary to Work Closely to Launch Crisis Prevention Mechanisms: Pashinyan to CSTO Foreign Ministers
China Rejects Wuhan Lab Leak Theory, Calls for Investigating US Facilities
Armenia is Not Only Russia’s Partner, it is a Strategic Ally, Putin Tells Khachaturyan
The Resident of Berdzor, Lost on the Azerbaijani Side, was Returned Through the Mediation of Peacekeepers
Wind: 0.51 km/h