Eurasian Economic Union Proposes Tax on Sale of Foreign Assets
The countries of the Eurasian Economic Union (EEU) must create their own system of protection against global risks, Sergei Glazyev, Minister in charge of Integration and Macroeconomics of the Eurasian Economic Commission (EEC), told RIA Novosti.
Many large international companies have announced that they are ceasing their activities in or leaving Russia after imposing large-scale sanctions against the country.
In addition, in his opinion, the EEU countries should have the opportunity to impose restrictions on the cross-border movement of capital in case of risky transactions.
Glazyev also noted that the single market of the EEU allows to significantly neutralize the impact of sanctions on the Russian economy.
"Washington threatens to expand them by including the enterprises of our partners who actively cooperate with the Russian ones and maintain cooperative relations with us," he said.
But, according to the EEC minister, this will not stop the integration of the EEU countries, on the contrary, it will stimulate the implementation of cooperation programs, import substitution, and will promote trade in national currencies.
To note, Armenia is also a member in the Eurasian Economic Union.
- Russia ratifies protocol on requirements for length of service of EEU bodies' employees for pensions The corresponding law was signed by Russian President Vladimir Putin. The document was published on the official Internet portal of legal information.
- We have reached significant achievements in the development process of the EAEU- Nikol Pashinyan A large single market has been created, the mutual trade figures have increased considerably.
- Russia ratifies agreement on simplification of payments for goods’ transit within EAEU territory The aforesaid agreement will be applied in the event that the goods are subject to the procedure of customs transit in one EEU member country, whereas customs and other payments in another.
- EAEU Countries Discuss Creating Eurasian Agency for Strategic Initiatives The issue has been discussed by the economy ministers of the Union’s member states and has been presented to the Eurasian Economic Commission in the platforms of the Eurasian Inter-governmental Council.
- The Pope Will Visit Kazakhstan At the invitation of President Kassym-Jomart Tokayev, Pope Francis will pay a state visit to Kazakhstan on September 13-15, 2022, the message says.
EC confirms removal of information about Ukrainian army death toll
Artsakh’s Defense Ministry denies another Azerbaijani disinformation
Lavrov, Bayramov to discuss Armenia-Azerbaijan relations in Moscow next week
U.S. 'keenly interested' in peace deal between Armenia, Azerbaijan, envoy says
The newly appointed Ambassador of Chile in Armenia Eduardo Escobar presented his credentials to President Vahagn Khachaturyan
The Secretary of the Security Council Met with Jens Plotner, Tobias Lindner and Matthias Luttenberg
The air temperature will go down by 5-7 degrees: weather forecast in Armenia
Iran to join free trade with Eurasian Economic Union within month
Lilit Makunts and US Senator Bill Cassidy discussed current situation and security of the region
Armenian Ombudswoman introduces Uruguayan Ambassador on activities done for combating violence against women
Dutch Ambassador visits Jermuk to get acquainted with current situation following latest Azeri aggression
ANCA presses U.S. Congress to appropriate $50 million for Artsakh in end-of-year spending package
Azerbaijani forces violate the ceasefire in Artsakh
Ararat Mirzoyan will pay a working visit to Łódź city
Azerbaijani troops open fire at Armenian positions: the adversary used also mortars
Some roads are closed in Armenia
NATO recognizes Kiev's desire to join bloc, but military support should be top priority
David Gevorgyan Has Been Appointed Assistant to the Prime Minister of Armenia
PM Pashinyan reported on the process of judicial reforms
US supports direct dialogue between Armenia and Azerbaijan: Reeker’s message
The Prime Minister leaves for Tunisia on a working visit
Azerbaijan's attempts to abolish the status of Artsakh as a party to the conflict is unacceptable: Artsakh MFA
Putin to attend CSTO summit in Armenia next week, Kremlin confirms
Putin and Erdogan discuss details of creating a gas hub in Turkey: Kremlin
Azerbaijan’s defense ministry spreads another misinformation: MoD Armenia
Igor Khovaev to visit Baku
Russia bars entry to 200 US citizens: Russian Foreign Ministry
Nikol Pashinyan and Charles Michel meet in Djerba
Azerbaijan carries out tactical maneuvers
Armenian Security Council Secretary and Indian PM's Advisor discuss security cooperation
Wind: 0 km/h