Japan to Ban Export of Hi-tech Goods to Russia from May 20
Japan is expanding the list of goods and technologies, whose exports to Russia are prohibited over the situation around Ukraine, the Japanese ministry of economy, trade and industry said on Friday, TASS reported.
The ban has already been approved by the country’s government and will come into force on May 20.
Overall, the updated document has 14 new entries, including 3D printers and quantum computing equipment, electronic and atomic force microscopes and oil refining catalysts.
Japan has previously imposed several packages of sanctions on Russia due to the situation around Ukraine. Personal sanctions targeted the country's leadership, officials and businessmen. The list of goods and technologies prohibited for export has more than 300 entries, including semiconductors, equipment for maritime and aviation security, telecommunications equipment, military products, including weapons, software and oil refining equipment. In addition, Japan froze the assets of Otkritie Bank, Novikombank, Sovcombank, VTB, Rossiya Bank, Promsvyazbank and VEB.RF.
Besides, Japan blacklisted more than 700 nationals of Russia, Belarus, and the people’s republics of Donetsk and Lugansk (DPR, LPR), as well as over 200 Russian companies and organizations.
- Erdogan Says US Delays Deliveries of F-16 Fighter Jets To Turkish Air Force This issue is still on the table, Erdogan explained at a press conference before leaving for the NATO summit in Madrid.
- Lavrov invites Mirzoyan to visit Russia Lavrov invited Mirzoyan to visit Russia, stating that the Russian side will be glad to see the delegation led by the Armenian FM in any corner of Russia.
- Lavrov and Iranian FM discuss prospects for resumption of nuclear deal The ministry added that the ministers exchanged views on a number of topical regional and international issues, including the situation in Ukraine.
- Peskov Spoke About the Preparation of Another Direct Line with Putin "Indeed, the ‘Direct Line’ is mentioned in our plans, but the date is yet to be set," he said. "The dates are yet unknown, but preliminary preparations are under way."
- Pashinyan Sends Congratulatory Message to the President of the Russian Federation Today we remember with boundless gratitude all those who have made a decisive contribution to peace, we honor our dear veterans and the homefront workers.
Prime Minister Pashinyan Discussed with Samvel Karapetyan the Course of Investment Projects of "Tashir" Group of Companies
Fourth Meeting of the Special Representatives of Armenia and Turkey
The Prime Minister Received the Federal Minister of Economic Cooperation and Development of Germany
PM Pashinyan Chairs Security Coucil Meeting
Calling NATO Exclusively Defensive Alliance is Ridiculous, Disgraceful: Lavrov
Finnish FM Speaks On Timing of Country's Entry Into NATO
Gagik Jhangiryan Resigns as Member of Supreme Judicial Council
The Prime Minister Congratulated the Employees of the Prosecutor’s Office
Poland completes Belarus border wall to keep migrants out
Erdogan Allows Sudden Start Of Military Operations In Syria
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
EU Toivo Klaar Welcomes Armenian and Azerbaijani Efforts Towards 'Peaceful Future'
German Federal Minister for Economic Cooperation Visits Armenian Genocide Memorial in Yerevan
2 Armenia Opposition MPs are Recalled from their National Assembly Leadership Positions
President Khachaturyan Nominates Hovakim Hovakimyan for Judge of Constitutional Court
The Residents of Aghavno will be Displaced to Hin Shen and Mets Shen: Artsakh Ombudsman
The Ministries of Foreign Affairs of Armenia and Serbia hold political consultations
Pashinyan Sends Congratulatory Message To The Prime Minister of Canada
On July 1 at 11:00, by NA President’s Decision Extraordinary Session of National Assembly to Be Convened
Russia Ready to Meet Fertilizer Demand of Friendly States: Putin
Alexander Leonovich Kemurdzhian, Designer of the First Planet Rover
Andranik Iosifyan from Artsakh: Father of Electromechanics, "Chief Electrician" of Missile Technology
The People of Artsakh Have the Same Rights as Everyone: Ararat Mirzoyan
Artsakh's NSS Urges Against Spread of Dubious News
Michel Matthew Ter-Pogossian, the ''Father'' of Positron Emission Tomography
Artsakh’s NSS Reveals Case of High Treason
It Is Necessary to Work Closely to Launch Crisis Prevention Mechanisms: Pashinyan to CSTO Foreign Ministers
China Rejects Wuhan Lab Leak Theory, Calls for Investigating US Facilities
Armenia is Not Only Russia’s Partner, it is a Strategic Ally, Putin Tells Khachaturyan
The Resident of Berdzor, Lost on the Azerbaijani Side, was Returned Through the Mediation of Peacekeepers
Wind: 3.09 km/h