Russia MFA: Azerbaijan-EU Natural Gas Agreement Does not Contradict Baku Allied Cooperation with Moscow
The agreement signed between Baku and the European Union (EU) on the import of Azerbaijani natural gas does not run counter to the provisions of the declaration on allied cooperation between Russia and Azerbaijan. Ivan Nechayev, Deputy Director of the Information and Press Department of the Russian Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MFA), stated about this at a press briefing Thursday, NEWS.am reports.
"It is about a memorandum of mutual understanding on strategic cooperation in the field of energy, which was signed between Azerbaijan and the EU on July 18. We [i.e., Russia] do not think that such a branch document can contradict the provisions of the declaration on alliance cooperation signed between Russia and Azerbaijan on February 22," said Nechayev.
According to him, each and every country has the right to independently decide how and with whom to develop its relations, including in the oil and natural gas sector.
- UN Secretary-General Condemns Attack Near Russian Embassy in Kabul The secretary-general conveys his condolences to the families of the deceased and wishes a speedy recovery to the injured.
- Russia and Iran To Introduce a Visa-free Regime The mode will be valid for groups of 5 to 50 people.
- The United States Announced Its Readiness For a Dialogue With Russia on the Future of Arms Control We are ready to resume dialogue with Russia to shape the future of modern arms control if Russia is ready to act in good faith.
- Russia, Iran Developing Alternative to SWIFT Both countries are facing severe Western sanctions, making settlements in trade through SWIFT difficult or impossible.
- Erdogan Says US Delays Deliveries of F-16 Fighter Jets To Turkish Air Force This issue is still on the table, Erdogan explained at a press conference before leaving for the NATO summit in Madrid.
- Azeri Propaganda Spreads Fake Videos, Old Gootage From 2020 War Given the fact that videos made by the Azerbaijani propaganda, including fake videos and videos filmed during the 44-Day War are spreading on social media, we are urging to refrain from addressing these...
- Iranian Deputy Defense Minister Arrives In Azerbaijan In the exhibition, Iran has showcased some of its defense industry capabilities in the fields of ground-, air-, and sea combat and a number of new systems in the fields of electro-magnetics, telecommunications,...
- Azerbaijan, Turkey FMs Discuss Regional Situation During the phone talk, the two FMs exchanged opinions on the current regional situation and the agenda of bilateral cooperation.
- Attacks Against Azerbaijani Journalists Continue Unabated in 2022: Greek City Times It also explains that no official or police officer in the past 20 years has been sanctioned for hitting or insulting a journalists and that ''the Baku regime tries to tame independent journalists in exile...
- Azerbaijani FM Informed Turkish FM About the Attack On the Azerbaijani Embassy In London During the telephone conversation, the Minister of Foreign Affairs of Turkiye expressed concern about the attack of a gang of radical religious groups on the building of the Embassy of the Republic of...
Turkey’s Erdogan states intent to meet with Putin within 3-4 days
US again calls on Azerbaijan to pull back troops to their initial positions: Permanent Representative to OSCE
Putin says it is necessary to work out measures to resolve conflicts in CIS space
Nikol Pashinyan attends informal meeting of CIS leaders in Russia
Rain with thunderstorm predicted in Armenia: 5-day weather forecast
Artsakh parliamentary factions call on OSCE Minsk Group Co-Chair countries to recognize Nagorno Karabakh Republic
Karen Andreasyan elected President of Supreme Judicial Council
Azerbaijan army must immediately leave Armenia territory: deputy FM to other CSTO countries’ colleagues
We reiterate our call on Azerbaijan’s forces to return to their initial positions: US Ambassador to OSCE
Pashinyan congratulates Putin on birthday
Armenian PM arrives in St. Petersburg
For lasting peace in the Caucasus- Emmanuel Macron
The statement of the meeting between Prime Minister Pashinyan, President Aliyev, President Macron and President Michel of October 6, 2022
The leaders of Armenia and Turkey meet in Prague
Nikol Pashinyan and Kyriakos Mitsotakis meet in Prague
Pashinyan-Erdoğan meeting kicks off in Prague
Pashinyan, Aliyev, Macron and Michel holding talks in Prague
Pashinyan participates in the European Political Community Summit in Prague
Azerbaijan opens fire at construction equipment carrying out fortification works in Armenian military position: Defense Ministry
Nikol Pashinyan to leave for Russia
Azerbaijan Returns Five POWs to Armenian Side
Azeri Propaganda Spreads Fake Videos, Old Gootage From 2020 War
Meeting of Foreign Ministers of Armenia and Iran
Mutual recognition of territorial integrity must be basis of peace treaty: Pashinyan
EU Condemns Russian Annexation, will Never Accept "Illegal" Referendums
Erdogan and Pashinyan may meet soon: Rubinyan
Zelensky says ready for dialogue with Russia, but not with Putin
Armenia’s Security Council Secretary holds meetings at CIA headquarters
Developments around Ukraine played significant role in Azerbaijan deciding to attack Armenia in September: Pashinyan
Pashinyan Meets with UN Secretary General António Guterres
Wind: 5.66 km/h