Armenian Representatives Won 11 gold, 5 Silver and 6 Bronze Medals at European Championship
Armenian athletes won 11 gold, 5 silver and 6 bronze medals at the 24th European and Para Arm-wrestling Championships in Bucharest, Romania, 1lurer.am reports.
The athletes of the Armenian National Disabled Sports Federation, part of the National Arm-wrestling Team of Armenia, finished 2nd in the team ranking.
“We had rather serious results,” Armenian National Disabled Sports Federation President Sargis Stepanyan said. “Our athletes competed in virtually all divisions and weight classes.”
Six of the athletes sustained disabilities in the 2020 Artsakh (Nagorno-Karabakh) war.
Stepanyan said he was most happy over athlete Sargis Harutyunyan’s victory. “Sargis Harutyunyan, who sustained a disability during the second Artsakh war, captured gold in the right-hand competition and won over his Turkish opponent in the final. He’s been training for many years and he is rather experienced.”
Fourteen athletes took part in the championship. The Ministry of Education, Science, Culture and Sports, the Yerevan City Hall and the Armenian National Disabled Sports Federation sponsored their participation. The athletes are already in Yerevan.
- SADA Cup։ Winning Start of Armenian Team Armenia's next opponent will be Iran.
- Armenian National Team is 92nd in FIFA World Rankings The Brazilian national team is on top of the world rankings.
- FIFA President Gianni Infantinօ Sent a Letter of Gratitude to FFA President Armen Melikbekyan First of all, please allow me to reiterate my heartfelt congratulations on this historic milestone and pay tribute to all those who keep our sport alive and ensure its prosperity in Armenia, and to all...
- Two Armenian Gymnasts Crowned All-Round Champions of the World Cup Series For the first time in the history of athletic gymnastics of the Republic of Armenia, Arthur Davtyan (vault) and Vahagn Davtyan (rings) have become all-round champions of the World Cup series, the Armenian...
- Inter Confirms Signing of Henrikh Mkhitaryan “I can confirm we’ve signed André Onana and Henrikh Mkhitaryan on a free transfer, both deals are done,” Italian journalist Fabrizio Romano quoted Inter CEO Giuseppe Marotta as saying.
Major Accident in Syunik: Serviceman Dies, Four People Hospitalized
Prosecutor Generals of Armenia, Russia, Azerbaijan Discuss Issues of Resolving Humanitarian- Legal Issues Caused by War
The Republic of Armenia Reaffirms its Readiness to Launch Consultations on a Peace Agreement at Once: Ararat Mirzoyan
Belarusian President Arrives in Russia’s St. Petersburg
I Have Received Confirmation From the Armenian Side That the Border Delimitation Process Is Very Important - Lavrov in Baku
Azerbaijan and Russia Sign Agreement on Security Cooperation
Luxembourg Is Among Those Countries Whose Parliaments Have Recognized the Armenian Genocide. FM of Armenia
Azeri Military Spreads Disinformation Falsely Accusing Armenia in Opening Fire at Border
UN Chief Opposes Russia's Exclusion from UN Ocean Conference: Agency
Armenian MP: Right of Self-Determination is Simply a Right to Live for Nagorno-Karabakh People
5-Day Weather Forecast In Armenia
Armenian and Greek MPs Discuss Issues of Mutual Interests in Tsaghkadzor
Russia Full of Determination over Kaliningrad Situation: Kremlin Spokesman
Armen Grigoryan to visit France
Armenian State Revenue Committee Chair, South Korea’s Customs Service Commissioner discuss expansion of cooperation
Michel Matthew Ter-Pogossian, the ''Father'' of Positron Emission Tomography
Armenian Woman is Elected to France Parliament
Baghdad-Yerevan Flights Launched
You Can Observe Austria as a Reliable Partner: President of the Federal Council of Austria Said to Alen Simonyan
SADA Cup։ Winning Start of Armenian Team
May 28: the Day of Armenian First Republic
Alexander Leonovich Kemurdzhian, Designer of the First Planet Rover
Artsakh's NSS Urges Against Spread of Dubious News
The People of Artsakh Have the Same Rights as Everyone: Ararat Mirzoyan
Andranik Iosifyan from Artsakh: Father of Electromechanics, "Chief Electrician" of Missile Technology
Artsakh’s NSS Reveals Case of High Treason
Space Camp 2022 Registration Begins
It Is Necessary to Work Closely to Launch Crisis Prevention Mechanisms: Pashinyan to CSTO Foreign Ministers
Armenia is Not Only Russia’s Partner, it is a Strategic Ally, Putin Tells Khachaturyan
The Resident of Berdzor, Lost on the Azerbaijani Side, was Returned Through the Mediation of Peacekeepers
Wind: 3.6 km/h