Georgian Non-Visa Ambitions in Riga Summit
Georgian PM Irakli Garibashvili said “political decision” to grant
“Everyone acknowledges that
“Political decision has already been made, now technical procedures remain, which should be completed before the end of the year, therefore I hope that our citizens will be able to travel without visas to the Schengen area very soon,” PM Garibashvili said.
The announcement of the Georgian PM shows that Georgia has already realized that the easing of visa regime for
Just the other day, on May 21, German Chancellor Angela Merkel in her speech to German lawmakers in Bundestag announced that visa-free travel rules for the citizens of Georgia and Ukraine in the Schengen area will only be possible once all requirements are met.
European Council President Donald Tusk also announced that Eastern partner countries should not hurry up.
“The Riga Summit is not about announcing giant steps forward - no; our partnership will go forward step-by-step just like the EU was built; in this context step-by-step means the real progress in trade, energy, mobility, reforms, which is also in the best interests of our partners and the Europe as a whole,” he said.
European Commissioner for European Neighbourhood Policy and Enlargement Negotiations Johannes Hahn in his turn mentioned that if Ukraine and Georgia perform all necessary rules to facilitate visa regime with the European Union, and non-visa regime can be recommended by the European Commission at the end of 2015,
"I predict that by the end of the current year on this occasion regarding Georgia and Ukraine, the Commission may issue a positive decision on the condition that will be made certain demands," - Hahn said.
We can clearly observe that Georgia's ambitions concerning non-visa regime haven’t come true and the Georgian opposition started to accuse the government of not a proper policy. Moreover, it is expected that some social groups in the Georgian society might be upset because of such kind of decision. Taking into account all these factors the Government should be more active from one side to ensure his pro-European vector and from the other side to prevent any disappointment within the society.
- Zohrab Mnatsakanyan Participated in the Meeting of the Eastern Partnership Foreign Ministers Within the framework of the 26th OSCE Ministerial Conference in Bratislava, Foreign Minister Zohrab Mnatsakanyan participated in the meeting between the newly appointed EU High Representative for Foreign...
- INSIGHT From Yerevan: 10th Anniversary of the Eastern Partnership “Insight from Yerevan: Earth” hosted political scientist, PhD Narek Grigoryan, to discuss the 10th anniversary of the Eastern Partnership, EU policy and RA-EU relations.
- The EU EaP Future to Be Built on Dreams and Hopes Today the EU problem is not having similar agreements with the Eastern partners and moving forward with common principles, but not losing partners in the region and finding ways to deepen cooperation...
- Azerbaijan And European Union at Odds Azerbaijan does not succeed in enshrining the desired wording in its documents with the European Union.
- Armenia-EU New Agreement Outlines a Very Good Path for Future Partnership Armenia decides itself how far to go in this partnership taking into account that the country is a member of the Eurasian Economic Union.
Lavrov, Pompeo Discuss Coronavirus Situation, Results of G20 Summit- TASS
Artsakh Central Electoral Commission Chairperson Receives Armenia MPs
3 Armenian Servicemen Wounded from Azerbaijan's Gunshots
Putin, Trump Discuss Oil Markets, Coronavirus by Phone: Reuters
Prince Charles Is out of Isolation after Contracting Coronavirus: CNN
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
Government to Provide Support to Workers in a Number of Sectors, Pregnant Women and Job-Seekers: 3 New anti-Crisis Packages Adopted
New Dates For Tokyo Olympics Games Confirmed
Local Governments in China Issue Free Digital Coupons to Stimulate Consumption Amid Coronavirus Pandemic
Bloomberg: Bulgaria’s Euro Accession Dream Stumbles as Virus Spreads
Earthquake Hits 33 km North-East from Karvachar Town
European Commission Reallocated €140 million For The Most Immediate Needs In The Eastern Partnership Countries
The Amazing Finalists in the 2020 Hair-Freezing Contest
Another Armenia Soldier Diagnosed With Coronavirus
Yemen's Houthi Militias Claim Responsibility for Botched Attack on Saudi Arabia
WTI Oil Price Breaks $20 Barrier for First Time Since 2002
TASS: Tehran Calls US Sanctions Amid Coronavirus Pandemic ‘Medical Terrorism’
Bako Sahakyan Sent a Condolence Letter to the Family of Patrick Devedjian
North Korea Says Tested Multiple Rocket Launcher
Number of Coronavirus Cases in Armenia Reach 482
Garo Paylan: Putin Made Erdogan Sit under the Statue of Catherine the Great who Symbolizes Russia's Victory over the Ottomans
Armenian who Was Born on Ararat Street: Sergey Lavrov – the Unsurpassed Diplomat
This Is Our Armenian Pizza: Turks Have Lashed Out at Kim Kardashian for Describing Lahmacun as Armenian Pizza (VIDEO)
Aliyev Angered by Armenian Toponyms on Azerbaijani Museum Maps, Orders New Ones (VIDEO)
French Armenians Alarm About Links Between Paris Mayor Candidate and Azerbaijani Authorities
March 15: Tehlirian’s Bullet Toppled Talaat to the Ground
Daughter of Emir of Kuwait Told about Her Armenian Grandmother, who Survived the Armenian Genocide
Kim Kardashian Visits White House with Prisoners She Helped Free
Joaquín Caparrós Appointes as Armenian National Team Head Coach
Armenian Coat of Arms Printed on Famous American Rapper's Jacket
Wind: 5 km/h