Iraq Army Will Liberate Mosul From IS Without 'Help' From Turkey
Baghdad does not need the support of Turkish troops in the liberation of the northern Iraqi city of Mosul, captured by the Islamic State militant group, spokesman of Iraq's joint military alignment Brig. Gen. Yahya Rasul said Sunday.
On December 4, Turkey deployed about 150 troops and 25 tanks to northern Iraq reportedly to help national forces to reclaim Mosul, which was captured by Daesh in June 2014.
"The government has announced that it does not want participation of any troops, except the Iraqi ones, in the liberation of Mosul. Participation of the Turkish or any other troops is not the issue, especially taking into consideration the multitude of the Iraqi troops, including the military, tribes and popular militia," Rasul told Al-Hayat newspaper.
He added that Iraq would not allow any other state to send troops to liberate Mosul.
Earlier in December, Baghdad demanded to withdraw Turkish troops from its territory, while Ankara justified the deployment with the necessity to provide security to Turkish soldiers deployed earlier to train local militias, fighting IS jihadists.
Daesh terrorist organization is prohibited in many countries, including Russia.
- Trump Says 'Erdogan Can Eradicate' any IS Group Left in Syria US President Donald Trump said his Turkish counterpart Recep Tayyip Erdogan assured him that any remaining of Islamic State group fighters in Syria will be eliminated.
- US Announces Death of ISIS Leader in Afghanistan “We must ensure terrorists can never use Afghanistan as a safe haven,” Miller told officials at the ceremony, according to Stars and Stripes.
- Pentagon Chief Urges Turkey to Stay Focused on Fighting Islamic State Relations between the United States and Turkey, allies within the North Atlantic Treaty Organization, have become frayed by their diverging interests in the Syrian civil war.
- Turkey Suspected in Recruiting Ex-Isis Fighters Against Kurds in Afrin An estimated 6,000 Turkish troops and 10,000 Free Syrian Army (FSA) militia crossed into Syria on 20 January, pledging to drive the YPG out of Afrin.
- Kurds in Syria Call on US Support to Rein in Turkish Operations Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan has said the operation will be expanded to other areas, including Manbij, where American forces are stationed with Kurdish militia.
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
Nikol Pashinyan Extends Condolences over Death of American-Armenian Philanthropist Louise Manoogian Simone
Foreign Minister of Artsakh Met with Representatives of the Armenian Community of South Ossetia
Trump Signs Directive to Create a Military Space Force
The Artsakh Revival Day is One of the Most Significant Victories of the Armenians all Over the World: Bako Sahakyan
February 20: the Birth of Artsakh Movement
Foreign Minister of Artsakh Masis Mayilian was Recieved by the President of South Ossetia
Italy Puts Former PM’s Family Under House Arrest
Cooperation Agreement Signed Between the Ministries of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Artsakh and the Republic of South Ossetia
Chanel Designer Karl Lagerfeld Dead Aged 85
Bako Sahakyan Attended the Conference Devoted to the 150th Anniversary of Hovhannes Toumanyan
"You'll Lose Everything." President Trump Warns Venezuelan Military to Abandon Nicolas Maduro
16 US states Sue over Trump Border Wall Emergency Declaration
Catholicos of Great House of Cilicia Aram I Arrives in Armenia
Karen Sargsyan Relieved from Position of Artsakh President’s Representative at Large
Jean-Claude Juncker: Brexit Delay Beyond EU Election is Possible
Some Roads in Armenia are Closed and Difficult to Pass
EU's Juncker Expects Trump to Refrain from Imposing Higher Tariffs on Cars
Azerbaijani Man Burnt the Armenian Flag in the Church Yard (video)
Erdogan to Putin: Is the Car Armored? (video)
Elderly Man in Turkey Sentenced to Read Erdogan’s Biography for Insulting Him
"I Don't Speak Armenian, but I'm Armenian": Alain Prost - Living Legend of Formula One
"I'm Armenian, but I've Never Been in my Homeland'': Anna Der-Vartanian - First Female Master Chief Petty Officer in U.S. Navy
Serj Tankian and His Wife Provided Assistance to over 200 Needy Families in Armenia
I'm Pleasantly Surprised that Armenians Haven't Destroyed Azerbaijani and Jewish Cemeteries: Lapshin Visited Armenian Yeghegis
ANCA Suggests to Rename the Washington Street in Front of the Turkish Ambassador's Residence after Henry Morgenthau
Lapshin Has Applied to Armenian Defense Ministry Asking to Allow Him Visit the Border Zone Shelled by Azerbaijan
Rhetoric around Preparing Armenian and Azerbaijani Societies for Peace Needs Transparency to Make Way for "Informed Judgements"
Turkey Recalled that Venezuela Recognized the Armenian Genocide in 2005
Nikol Pashinyan Discusses Cooperation Prospects with Mitsubishi Heavy Industries, JICA and eBay Executives in Davos
Wind: 5 km/h