Erdogan Says Turkey has Captured Baghdadi's Wife
Turkey has captured a wife of Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi, President Tayyip Erdogan said on Wednesday, more than a week after the former Islamic State leader killed himself during a raid by U.S. special forces, Reuters reports.
“The United States said Baghdadi killed himself in a tunnel. They started a communication campaign about this,” Erdogan said in a speech at Ankara University. “But, I am announcing it here for the first time: We captured his wife and didn’t make a fuss like them. Similarly, we also captured his sister and brother in law in Syria.”
A senior Turkish official said earlier this week that Turkey had captured Baghdadi’s sister, her husband and daughter.
- Isis Founding Member Confirmed by Spies as Group's New Leader He is also known by the nom de guerre Haji Abdullah, and in some circles as Abdullah Qardash – although Iraqi officials suggest the latter was a separate Isis figure who died two years ago.
- Turkey Begins Deportation Of Captive Foreign Islamic State Terrorists To Their Home Countries The issue of the handling of Daesh/ISIS members and their families detained in Syria -- including foreign members of the terror group -- has been controversial, with Turkey arguing foreign-born terrorists...
- US Knows 'Almost Nothing' about New ISIS Leader The announcement of the new leader came in an audio message released last week by a new ISIS spokesperson, after Abu Hassan al-Muhajir, the spokesperson and right-hand man to Baghdadi, was also killed,...
- Newsweek Reveals Name of Likely Successor to Dead Islamic State Group’s Leader Abdullah Qardash, sometimes spelled Kardesh and also known as Hajji Abdullah al-Afari, was said to have been nominated by Baghdadi in August to run the group's "Muslim affairs" in a widely-circulated statement...
- Trump: ISIS is 'Totally under control' Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan agreed to a 120-hour ceasefire in northern Syria following a meeting with US Vice President Mike Pence.
Syunik Governor Hunan Poghosyan Resigns
Artsakh President: Over 600 Bodies Retrieved from Conflict Zone
Ameriabank Successfully Placed Its First Ever Green Bond
Prime Minister Holds Meeting with Judiciary
President Sarkissian Sends a Letter to Putin
Oil Prices Fall as OPEC+ Members Debate 2021 Output Policy
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
Coronavirus Pandemic Unlikely to End Soon, WHO Official Says
Lt. General Jalal Harutyunyan Recovers Normally, to Be Discharged from Hospital Soon
France Wins 18th Junior Eurovision Song Contest
More Than 55,000 Residents of Artsakh Already Back Home – Government Says
Armenia Records 135124 Confirmed Coronavirus Cases
Kim Kardashian on New Initiative for Children of Artsakh
Masis Mayilian Met with Minister of Defence of the Republic of Armenia
1,174 New Cases of COVID-19 Confirmed in Armenia
Russian Military Doctors Arrive in Karabakh to Help Civilians
Armenia: Drivers are Recommended to Drive Exclusively on Winter Tires
President Armen Sarkissian Left on a Private Visit to the Russian Federation
We Have Always Felt the Support of Friendly France - PM Receives French Humanitarian Mission Delegation
4 Azeri Family-Members Killed in Fizuli Landmine Blast
Cher Appeals to US Government to Help Armenia, Artsakh (VIDEO)
Kim Kardashian Speaks on Artsakh Peace Deal: This is Goodbye, for Now
Foreign Minister Zohrab Mnatsakanyan Held Phone Conversations with the Representatives of the OSCE Minsk Group Co-Chair Countries
Territorial Concessions and the Announced Terms Have Not Been Discussed with the Authorities of Artsakh: Vahram Poghosyan
A New Era Starts in the Caucasus: Georgian President
Artsakh Foreign Minister Masis Mayilian Sent a Letter to the UNESCO Director-General Audrey Azoulay
5-Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
First Aurora Humanitarian Aid Projects for Artsakh Announced
Ara Ayvazyan Appointed Minister of Foreign Affairs of Armenia
Wind: 4 km/h