Erdogan Says Turkey has Captured Baghdadi's Wife
Turkey has captured a wife of Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi, President Tayyip Erdogan said on Wednesday, more than a week after the former Islamic State leader killed himself during a raid by U.S. special forces, Reuters reports.
“The United States said Baghdadi killed himself in a tunnel. They started a communication campaign about this,” Erdogan said in a speech at Ankara University. “But, I am announcing it here for the first time: We captured his wife and didn’t make a fuss like them. Similarly, we also captured his sister and brother in law in Syria.”
A senior Turkish official said earlier this week that Turkey had captured Baghdadi’s sister, her husband and daughter.
- Isis Founding Member Confirmed by Spies as Group's New Leader He is also known by the nom de guerre Haji Abdullah, and in some circles as Abdullah Qardash – although Iraqi officials suggest the latter was a separate Isis figure who died two years ago.
- Turkey Begins Deportation Of Captive Foreign Islamic State Terrorists To Their Home Countries The issue of the handling of Daesh/ISIS members and their families detained in Syria -- including foreign members of the terror group -- has been controversial, with Turkey arguing foreign-born terrorists...
- US Knows 'Almost Nothing' about New ISIS Leader The announcement of the new leader came in an audio message released last week by a new ISIS spokesperson, after Abu Hassan al-Muhajir, the spokesperson and right-hand man to Baghdadi, was also killed,...
- Newsweek Reveals Name of Likely Successor to Dead Islamic State Group’s Leader Abdullah Qardash, sometimes spelled Kardesh and also known as Hajji Abdullah al-Afari, was said to have been nominated by Baghdadi in August to run the group's "Muslim affairs" in a widely-circulated statement...
- Trump: ISIS is 'Totally under control' Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan agreed to a 120-hour ceasefire in northern Syria following a meeting with US Vice President Mike Pence.
Mher Grigoryan Attending The Meeting of The Council of the Eurasian Economic Commission
ANCA Calls on US to Match Armenia and Azerbaijan Military Assistance
Putin, Macron and Merkel Call for Resuming Political Dialogue on Libya: Kremlin
Iran Confirmed 13 More New Coronavirus Cases
Iran's President Casts His Vote in Legislative Elections
Miroslav Lajcak Pay An Official Visit To Armenia
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
President Armen Sarkissian Sent a Letter of Condolences on the Demise of the Renowned Conductor Yuri Davtian
Some Roads in Armenia are Closed and Difficult to Pass
Leaders of EU Members Call for Ceasing Hostilities in Syria's Idlib
Iran Parliamentary Election Kicks Off
Igor Grigoryan Conferred the Rank of the Third Degree Justice State Adviser
President of Artsakh Receives Ombudsman of Armenia
Iraq Closes Southern Border with Iran to Travelers
Discussion with Azerbaijan’s Aliyev in Munich is Turning Point: Nikol Pashinyan
Criminal Sub-Culture Must be Eradicated in the Army: Armenia’s PM
Kardashian Family Had Dinner at Armenian Carousel Restaurant
Armenia is World’s Third Most Militarized County, Report Shows
Robert Kocharyan Congratulates on Artsakh Revival Day
PM Pashinyan Offers Condolences on Passing of Yervand Manaryan
Garo Paylan Nominated for Nobel Peace Prize: Organizations Can Join the Initiative and Give Their Vote to Him
Because of the Armenian Genocide Azerbaijani-Turkish Designer Says He Will Never Make a Dress for Kim Kardashian
The King of Jordan: “The Saint Karapet Armenian Apostolic Church in Jordan is the Testament to the Enduring Armenian History in our Country”
Death to Armenia: Pan-Turkic Fascists in Iran Attemted to Play an Armenophobic Trick
The Jewish Press: Turkey Working to Take Over Armenian Quarter in Jerusalem’s Old City
Turkey's First Professional Boxer Garbis Zakaryan Dies at 90
FIDE Bans Organizer of Turkish Tournament who Asked Armenian Delegate to Cancel Participation: Maria Gevorgyan
Syrian-Armenian Soldier Killed in Idlib During Firefight with Terrorists
The people of Artsakh have never participated in the elections of Azerbaijan either now, or throughout the entire history of the Republic of Azerbaijan: Anna Naghdalyan
Garbis Zakaryan - Turkey's First Professional Boxer
Wind: 3 km/h