Isis Founding Member Confirmed by Spies as Group's New Leader
The new leader of Islamic State has been confirmed as Amir Mohammed Abdul Rahman al-Mawli al-Salbi, according to officials from two intelligence services, The Guardian reports. He is one of the terror group’s founding members and has led the enslavement of Iraq’s Yazidi minority and has overseen operations around the globe.
The Guardian has learned that Salbi was named leader hours after the death of Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi in October. The name that the group gave for Baghdadi’s replacement at the time, Abu Ibrahim al-Hashimi al-Quraishi, was a nom de guerre not recognised by other senior leaders or intelligence agencies.
Salbi is considered to be one of the most influential ideologues among the now depleted ranks of Isis. Born into an Iraqi Turkmen family in the town of Tal Afar, he is one of the few non-Arabs among the leadership.
He is also known by the nom de guerre Haji Abdullah, and in some circles as Abdullah Qardash – although Iraqi officials suggest the latter was a separate Isis figure who died two years ago.
- Turkey Begins Deportation Of Captive Foreign Islamic State Terrorists To Their Home Countries The issue of the handling of Daesh/ISIS members and their families detained in Syria -- including foreign members of the terror group -- has been controversial, with Turkey arguing foreign-born terrorists...
- US Knows 'Almost Nothing' about New ISIS Leader The announcement of the new leader came in an audio message released last week by a new ISIS spokesperson, after Abu Hassan al-Muhajir, the spokesperson and right-hand man to Baghdadi, was also killed,...
- Erdogan Says Turkey has Captured Baghdadi's Wife A senior Turkish official said earlier this week that Turkey had captured Baghdadi’s sister, her husband and daughter.
- Newsweek Reveals Name of Likely Successor to Dead Islamic State Group’s Leader Abdullah Qardash, sometimes spelled Kardesh and also known as Hajji Abdullah al-Afari, was said to have been nominated by Baghdadi in August to run the group's "Muslim affairs" in a widely-circulated statement...
- Trump: ISIS is 'Totally under control' Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan agreed to a 120-hour ceasefire in northern Syria following a meeting with US Vice President Mike Pence.
Gagik Jhangiryan and David Khachatryan Elected Members of Supreme Judicial Council
Artsakh's Foreign Ministry Welcomes European Parliament's Position on NK Conflict
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
Military Exercises do not Prove that the Turkish-Azerbaijani Leadership has Peaceful Intentions towards Armenia. Armenia's MFA
Bodies of 3 Civilians and a Serviceman Found in Artsakh
The Need for an Enduring Political Solution on the Status of Nagorno-Karabakh is Essential for Securing Regional Peace and Stability: U.S. Ambassador
Armenia's President Hopeful Armenian-American Cooperation to Promote Long-Awaited Peace and Stability in the Region
Iran’s FM to Visit Armenia on January 27
Artsakh to Unite Emergency Situations Agency and Police Under Single Ministry of Internal Affairs
European Parliament Condemned Azeri War Crimes and Called for Accountability – FM Spokesperson
Armenia Records 165711 Confirmed Coronavirus Cases
European Parliament Strictly Condemns Turkey's Destabilizing Role in Nagorno Karabakh
Armenia Reports ‘Stable Situation’ Along Border with Azerbaijan
Armenian, Russian DMs Discuss Issue of Return of Captives During Phone Conversation
Bishop T. Vrtanes Abrahamyan appointed Primate of Artsakh Diocese
Primate of Artsakh Diocese of Armenian Apostolic Church is Dismissed
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
Armenian, French FMs Discuss Post-war Situation in NK Conflict Zone by Phone
Deputy Health Minister Appointed Governor of Armenia’s Shirak
Reuters: UAE Signs Deal with US to Buy 50 F-35 Jets
Lavrov: No Provocations Against Russian Peacekeepers in Nagorno-Karabakh
Azerbaijan President's Statement Contradicts point 8 of Statement Signed on November 9, 2020: Arman Tatoyan
Artsakh Authorities Find More Bodies of Fallen Troops in Ongoing Search Operations
Artsakh Security Chief: We Could Have Avoided the War
Colorado Identifies First Known Case of UK Coronavirus Variant in US
Armenia to Import 2,250 Goods from Iran Instead of Turkey
Bodies of 1,111 Fallen Armenian Soldiers Retrieved So Far: Artsakh Emergency Service
Let's Believe that 2021 Will Restore Our Lost Dignity
Armenian, Azerbaijani Intelligence Chiefs Discuss PoW Exchange at Moscow-Mediated Meeting
Armenia Ombudsman: What Azerbaijan Military has Done is Step with Clear Intention to Intimidate Civilians
Wind: 4 km/h