Isis Founding Member Confirmed by Spies as Group's New Leader
The new leader of Islamic State has been confirmed as Amir Mohammed Abdul Rahman al-Mawli al-Salbi, according to officials from two intelligence services, The Guardian reports. He is one of the terror group’s founding members and has led the enslavement of Iraq’s Yazidi minority and has overseen operations around the globe.
The Guardian has learned that Salbi was named leader hours after the death of Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi in October. The name that the group gave for Baghdadi’s replacement at the time, Abu Ibrahim al-Hashimi al-Quraishi, was a nom de guerre not recognised by other senior leaders or intelligence agencies.
Salbi is considered to be one of the most influential ideologues among the now depleted ranks of Isis. Born into an Iraqi Turkmen family in the town of Tal Afar, he is one of the few non-Arabs among the leadership.
He is also known by the nom de guerre Haji Abdullah, and in some circles as Abdullah Qardash – although Iraqi officials suggest the latter was a separate Isis figure who died two years ago.
- Turkey Begins Deportation Of Captive Foreign Islamic State Terrorists To Their Home Countries The issue of the handling of Daesh/ISIS members and their families detained in Syria -- including foreign members of the terror group -- has been controversial, with Turkey arguing foreign-born terrorists...
- US Knows 'Almost Nothing' about New ISIS Leader The announcement of the new leader came in an audio message released last week by a new ISIS spokesperson, after Abu Hassan al-Muhajir, the spokesperson and right-hand man to Baghdadi, was also killed,...
- Erdogan Says Turkey has Captured Baghdadi's Wife A senior Turkish official said earlier this week that Turkey had captured Baghdadi’s sister, her husband and daughter.
- Newsweek Reveals Name of Likely Successor to Dead Islamic State Group’s Leader Abdullah Qardash, sometimes spelled Kardesh and also known as Hajji Abdullah al-Afari, was said to have been nominated by Baghdadi in August to run the group's "Muslim affairs" in a widely-circulated statement...
- Trump: ISIS is 'Totally under control' Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan agreed to a 120-hour ceasefire in northern Syria following a meeting with US Vice President Mike Pence.
Ottawa Introduces Bill to Ban Russia's Putin and 1,000 Others From Entering Country
The President in Azerbaijan: I Expect Lithuania-Azerbaijan Economic Relations to Intensify
Extraordinary Sitting of National Assembly to Be Convened
Peskov Spoke About the Preparation of Another Direct Line with Putin
Estonian President Karis Admitted That Russia Cannot Be Completely Isolated
Pashinyan Receives Executive Director of World Trade Centers Association
Joint Extraordinary Session of CSTO PA Standing Commissions Held in Online Format
Russian Foreign Ministry Calls Ongoing Protests in Armenia Country’s Internal Affair
Iran Ready for Gas Swap from Turkmenistan to Armenia: Javad Owji
New Amnesty International Report Documents Azeri Crimes Against Older Armenians in Karabakh Conflict
Nikol Pashinyan Sends Congratulatory Letter to the President of Kazakhstan on Birthday
Weather Forecast in Armenia
EU To Give Ukraine 500 Million Euros More In Military Aid, Borrell Says
President Harutyunyan Signed a Number of Laws
Armenian Representatives Won 11 gold, 5 Silver and 6 Bronze Medals at European Championship
US Senate Passes $40B Ukraine Aid In Procedural Vote
USA President Biden’s Meeting with Prime Minister Mitsotakis of Greece
U.S. Air Force Says It Conducted Successful Hypersonic Weapon Test
Foreign Minister of Armenia Ararat Mirzoyan Will Leave for Brussels
President Zelensky Confirms Evacuation of Troops from Besieged Azovstal Plant in Ukraine
The Armenian Love of Aivazovsky
Artsakh Can Never Be a Part of Azerbaijan, State Minister Reiterates
Arayik Harutyunyan Received Members of the Artsakh Football Federation
Artsakh Republic President Arayik Harutyunyan Chaired a Security Council Sitting
Lazar Serebryakov, Russian Admiral of Armenian Descent, One of the Founders of Novorossiysk
Turkey Not Positive Concerning Sweden’s, Finland’s Possible Joining NATO: Erdogan
5-Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
Finland Sees No Direct Military Threats from Russia: Permanent Representative to NATO
5-Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
The Prime Minister Received the Minister of Sport of the Russian Federation Oleg Matytsin
Wind: 1.03 km/h