EU Ready to Provide Libya with Aid Package of $109 Million
The European Union is ready to provide Libya with aid package of 100 million euros (about $109 million) for Libya's fledgling unity government one day after an attack by a suicide bomber killed at least 60 policemen, EU foreign policy chief Federica Mogherini said.
According to Mogherini, security remains the main challenge in Libya, stressing that unity is the only way to ensure peace in the country.
"The European Union has prepared a support package for Libya of 100 million euros that is immediately available on projects that will need to be discussed with the government of national accord from the first day of its coming into power," Mogherini told journalists after a Friday meeting with designate Prime Minister of Libya’s Government of National Accord Fayez Serraj in Tunis, Sputnik News reports.
Islamic State extremist group in eastern Libya claimed responsibility for the attack in Zliten, when one of the militants detonated a truck bomb beside a police training center.
- Libyan National Army Claims It Possesses Evidence of Turkey Supporting Daesh Turkey is one of the countries supporting terrorism around the world.
- US Giving Daesh Safe Passage in East Syria under Gold Deal: Local Sources Information suggest that the US forces in the Syrian al-Jazeera area made a deal with Daesh terrorists, by which Washington gets tens of tons of gold that the terror organization had stolen in exchange...
- Trump Says 'Erdogan Can Eradicate' any IS Group Left in Syria US President Donald Trump said his Turkish counterpart Recep Tayyip Erdogan assured him that any remaining of Islamic State group fighters in Syria will be eliminated.
- US Announces Death of ISIS Leader in Afghanistan “We must ensure terrorists can never use Afghanistan as a safe haven,” Miller told officials at the ceremony, according to Stars and Stripes.
- Pentagon Chief Urges Turkey to Stay Focused on Fighting Islamic State Relations between the United States and Turkey, allies within the North Atlantic Treaty Organization, have become frayed by their diverging interests in the Syrian civil war.
Head of Parliament Has Meetings with Representatives of the U.S. Armenian Organizations
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
US Preparing to Send Hundreds of Troops to Saudi Arabia Amid Iran Tensions
US House Rejects Bid to Launch Trump Impeachment Proceedings
Bako Sahakyan Attended Maxim Hochannisyan's 85th Birthday Anniversary Evening
U.S. Removing Turkey from F-35 Program
Hot Line With Azerbaijani President Does Not Guarantee There Will Be No Victims – Pashinyan
Armenia’s Chief Commissioner for Diaspora Affairs Departs for Russia on Working Visit
PM Pashinyan Does Not Rule Out Constitutional Amendments for Overcoming Constitutional Crisis in Armenia
Armenian PM, Holy See Apostolic Nuncio Discuss Development of Armenia-Vatican Relations
Three Turkish Diplomats Killed in Attack in Iraq’s Erbil, Media Reports Say
Moscow Court Extends Arrest of All 24 Ukrainian Sailors Detained in Kerch Strait
Nikol Pashinyan Congratulates Ursula von der Leyen on Being Elected President of the European Commission
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
“The Government’s goal is to make the public procurement system more flexible, enforce the principle of fair competition and eradicate corruption” - PM Holds Consultation
Armenian Deputy PM Meets With Irish Minister for Children and Youth Affairs in New York
Artsakh Republic Foreign Minister Met with the Security Council Secretary of the Republic of Armenia
Ararat Mirzoyan and Nancy Pelosi Discuss Issues on Armenian-American Relations
President of Artsakh Signed Laws
Trump: US not Seeking 'Regime Change' in Iran
"Any Armenian Living Outside the Homeland Should Realize That Their Ultimate Goal is to Return to Armenia": Nikol Pashinyan (PHOTOS)
RA-EU Partnership Road-Map Hardly Overlaps EEU Regulations
Magnifier: Office of High Commissioner on Diaspora
Washington Meetings Not to Yield Serious Results?
Charles Aznavour's Love Letters to Be Put Up for Auction
PM Nikol Pashinyan, Mrs. Anna Hakobyan Arrive in Singapore on Official Visit; They Met with Local and Neighboring Countries’ Armenian Communities
For Who the Ministry of Diaspora was Abolished
Insight From Yerevan: Outcomes of Armenia And Azerbaijan FM Meeting
Armenia Won't Go to Unilateral Concessions which Endanger Artsakh’s Security and Right to Self-Determination
PM: "Our Will Is Unshakable and Our Hand Will Not Flinch Against Those Who Try to Revive the Methods of Violence in the Republic of Armenia"
Wind: 5 km/h