Monte Melkonian: I am an Armenian; This Homeland Belongs to Me As Much As it Belongs to Any Other Armenian
"I am Armenian who came from the United States and here I struggle for the same aim as all the rest. I am an Armenian; this homeland belongs to me as much as it belongs to any other Armenian. I think I share the same responsibility for the defense of this piece of land as any other Armenian does. Consequently, it is natural to be here and to struggle along with the people of Artsakh," used to say the hero of Artsakh liberation war Monte Melkonian.
Today is the 23th year since the hero of the Armenian nation Monte Melkonyan son of Charlz, died.
Monte Melkonyan was born on November 25, in 1957 in the city of Visalia not far from the city of Frezno, in the US State of California.
After the liberation war of Artsakh started, he gave up his academic career and left for Artsakh to participate in military operations. In the battlefield his courage was very quickly noticed and in January of 1992 he was appointed the commander of Martuni region defense forces.
The liberation of Omar Pass was one of his most responsible and brilliant operations, where the talent of Monte commander was once more demonstrated. Monte was convinced that a battle demands crazy actions, the ones that a reasonable person would not do, but he did.
On June 12, 1993, after wide scale operations of neutralizing weapon displacements, the commander of Martuni region Monte Melkonian was going down from the commanding heights to personally check the situation and position his fighters, In the Marzili village near Aghdam they unexpectedly met armored infantry fighting vehicles of the opponent.
Going out of the car and positioning himself Monte started to fire however was killed in an unequal battle by a rocket fired from a vehicle of the opponent.
Monte Melkonian got the tile of the hero of the republics of Armenian and Artsakh. After his name are the RA Military collage, schools in Armenia and Artsakh.
- President of the Artsakh Republic Met with the Prime Minister of the Republic of Armenia On November 3 President of the Artsakh Republic Arayik Harutyunyan met with Prime Minister of the Republic of Armenia Nikol Pashinyan.
- War is Impossible – Artsakh’s Foreign Minister He clarified that Azerbaijan’s acts are directed against both Russia and Armenians.
- Agreements on Nagorno-Karabakh Help Establish Stability, Russia's Lavrov Says The agreements ending military activities in the Nagorno-Karabakh region, which were reached by the leaders of Russia, Armenia and Azerbaijan last year, helped establish stability in the conflict zone,...
- UN Secretary General Reiterates Full Support to the Efforts of the OSCE Minsk Group Co-Chairs He urges all concerned to focus their attention on advancing peace and cooperation at all levels for the benefit of the people in the region.
- Ambassador: US Doesn't See Karabakh Status as having been Resolved Lynne Tracy underlined that the Karabakh status remains on the agenda of the OSCE Minsk Group.
- Gevorg Nalbandian: an Armenian who Wrote an Anthem for an African Country The small Armenian diaspora in this exotic ancient country has always occupied an important place in all areas of state and cultural life, Dlmn.info notes.
- Seerpoohi Elias: Armenian Woman and the First Chief Justice of New Zealand “If it were not for the Armenian identity in the family, I would not have had such accomplishments,” said Seerpoohi Elias, the first female Chief Justice of New Zealand.
- Nubar Pasha, Armenian, the First Prime Minister of Egypt "Nubar Pasha is an Egyptian-Armenian politician, Christian and the first Prime Minister of Egypt. An Educated person, who fluently speaks a few languages, he is a genuine diplomat of the time," Brighouse...
- Jack Aghazarian, WW2 Special Agent of Armenian Descent Jack Charles Aghazaryan, one of Britain's bravest spies in the Special Forces Department during World War II.
- Sir Khachik Paul Chater, Father of Hong Kong The most famous Armenian of all times who lived in China was Khachik Pogose Astwachatoor, known as Paul Chater.
Armenia Records 340723 Confirmed Coronavirus Cases
David Babayan Received Representatives of Democratic Union Party of the Republic of Armenia
Some Roads are Closed in Armenia
Statement of the OSCE Minsk Group Co-Chairs
Body of Killed Civilian Handed Over to Artsakh
Biden Says He Does Not Accept Anybody’s Red Lines Referring to Ukraine
Azerbaijan Again Halts Search Operations for Casualties of the 2020 Artsakh War
The Regular Sitting of the Consultative Assembly Held with the Participation of the Prime Minister and the Leaders of the Extra-Parliamentary Political Forces
Human Rights Watch Condemns Human Rights Violations in Azerbaijan
Murderer of Artsakh Civilian Identified
United Russia Congress Re-Elects Medvedev as Party’s Chairman
Any Status Within Azerbaijan is Unacceptable for the People and Authorities of Artsakh: David Babayan
Armenia Records 340396 Confirmed Coronavirus Cases
Commemoration of the Apostles St. Thaddeus and St. Bartholomew, the First Preachers of Christianity in Armenia
At the Request of Erdogan,Putin Informed Him about the Main Results of the Trilateral Meeting of the Leaders of Russia, Azerbaijan and Armenia in Sochi
Armenia's Foreign Minister Met with the OSCE Minsk Group Co-Chairs
Atrocities Committed by the Azerbaijani Armed Forces Against the Civilian Population of Artsakh Are a Continuation of the Policy of Armenophobia: MFA Spox
Putin, Erdogan Speak on the Phone
Foreign Minister of Armenia Met with the OSCE Secretary General
Kremlin Says Putin-Biden Talks to Be Held as Videoconference
Giacomo Luigi Ciamician, Armenian Chemist, the Pioneer of Solar Energy Idea
Armenian Scientists Become Eligible for the EU's Largest Funding Program
Artsakh National Security Service Releases Statement on Incident Near Shushi Checkpoint
Man Detained near Shushi to Be Handed over to Artsakh Law Enforcement Agencies: Ombudsman
Armenian History of ATMs (from the Series "Inventions of the Armenians")
Ararat Mirzoyan, Jean-Baptiste Lemoyne Discussed Peaceful Settlement of the Nagorno-Karabakh Conflict
West at Risk of Conflict with Russia, Britain's Army Chief Says
Water Tariff in Armenia to Increase on January 1
5-Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
Under the Guise of Unblocking the Roads, the Azerbaijani Authorities are Pursuing a Targeted Policy of Isolating the Civilian Residential Communities of Armenia: Tatoyan