The International Media About Tension on NKR-Azerbaijan Border
The international media also wrote about the growing tension on Karabakh-Azerbaijani border during this weekend.
The Washington Post, in particular, wrote in this connection: "The clashes were some of the heaviest in the region since fighting last year saw about 75 soldiers from both sides killed.'' Presenting the view of the Azerbaijani side in its article the celebrated newspaper emphasized that the Ministry of Defense of that country does not mention the number of dead and wounded.
Stratfor, in turn, representing the details of the tension of February 24-25, points out that a few days ago, Zakir Hasanov, Azerbaijani Defense Minister visited the frontline and ordered to take "more drastic measures."
"Energy-rich Azerbaijan, whose military spending exceeds Armenia’s entire state budget, has repeatedly threatened to take back the breakaway region by force. But Moscow-allied Armenia has vowed to crush any military offensive,'' The Indian Express reported on February 25.
The political experts in turn referred to the border tension. Russian expert on domestic and foreign policy, security and defense, Grigory Trafimchuk in an interview to haqqin.az said that the cause of the February escalation is that no agreement has been reached on the highest level since April 2016. "It goes without saying that the recent referendum in Karabakh in turn had an impact on this escalation," he stressed.
Russian publicist, member of the Russian Association of International Law, Denis Dvornikov, indicates that this escalation has been quite an "expected surprise'' for Armenia. According to Dvornikov, this is explained by several factors: Mehriban Aliyeva, being appointed as the First Vice-President, the events in Khojaly, the referendum in Artsakh, as well as Baku's desire to keep the state of war which is a good justification for his society, and at the same time make Armenia and mediators exhausted.
- Artsakh's MFA Commented on Announcements of Ilham Aliyev On July 6, Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev gave an interview to local TV channels, the tone and vocabulary of which, in parts regarding the settlement of the Azerbaijan-Karabakh conflict, go beyond...
- Minister of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Artsakh Masis Mayilian Held a Meeting With Minister of Foreign Affairs of Armenia Zohrab Mnatsakanyan The sides touched upon the process of implementation of the plan of consultations between the two Ministries.
- The Co-Chairs of the OSCE Minsk Group Stressed that There is No Military Solution to the Nagorno-Karabakh Conflict The Co‑Chairs and Foreign Ministers agreed to hold another joint video conference in July and to meet in person as soon as possible.
- Video Conference of the Foreign Ministers of Armenia and Azerbaijan At the same time, Minister Mnatsakanyan underscored the need to consistently ensure the comprehensive security of the people of Artsakh, including through free and safe movement.
- The Video-Conference of FMs of Armenia and Azerbaijan Started The video-conference of FMs of Armenia and Azerbaijan, Zohrab Mnatsakanyan and Elmar Mammadyarov commenced with mediation and participation of the OSCE Minsk Group Co-Chairs. The Spokesperson of the MFA...
- Adversary Attempts Subversive Intrusion, Thrown Back with Casualties: Artsakh Defense Army The Defense Ministry of the Republic of Artsakh calls the Azerbaijani side to refrain from unpromising tactics of artificial escalation of the situation.
- Azerbaijan Violated The Ceasefire Regime More Than 190 Times This Week The units of the Defense Army retain full-fledged control on the front line, continuing to confidently carry out their combat duty.
- OSCE Mission will Conduct a Monitoring on the Border of Artsakh and Azerbaijan The authorities of the Republic of Artsakh have expressed their readiness to assist in conducting the monitoring and to ensure the security of the OSCE Mission members.
- Azerbaijani Side Violates Ceasefire over 180 Times during the Week The units of the Defense Army continue implementation of their military duty keeping the situation under control.
- The OSCE Mission Conducted Monitoring on the Border of Artsakh and Azerbaijan From the Artsakh side, the monitoring mission was accompanied by representatives of the Republic of Artsakh Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Ministry of Defense.
Artsakh Republic President Visited the Newly-Opened Drinking Water Bottling Plant and the "Triumph Group" LLC engaged in the Production of Canned Food
Armenian Tax Revenues Decrease by AMD 17.6 Million in 1st Half of 2020
Armenia’s PM: Citizen of Armenia Not a Material to Die from Coronavirus
UN Security Council Rejects Russian-Backed Resolution on Syrian Aid Deliveries
Artsakh Republic President Received a Group of Reserve Officers
Trump Hosts Mexican President for First Visit at White House
Armenia Records 30346 Confirmed Coronavirus Cases
Armenophobia Is the Last Line of Defense of Aliyev’s Power: Armenia's MFA Spokesperson
Artsakh's MFA Commented on Announcements of Ilham Aliyev
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
Who Can No Longer Wear Face Masks Outdoors in Armenia?-New Decision
Greek Parliament Ratifies Armenia-EU CEPA
Trump Said His Administration Is Considering Banning the App TikTok
Russia, China Veto U.N. Approval of Aid Deliveries to Syria from Turkey
Armenia’s Deputy DM Gabriel Balayan Contracts Coronavirus
Serbs Storm Parliament after Virus Lockdown Announced
Mkhitar Hayrapetyan Became the Head of the NA Armenia-Iran Friendship Group
The Embassy of Armenia Commented on the Desecration of the Armenian Genocide Memorial
Armenia Records 29820 Confirmed Coronavirus Cases
President Armen Sarkissian Spoke on the Phone with the President of Latvia: Two Countries Possess Serious Potential for Cooperation
Karen Bekaryan: Nikol Pashinyan Has Forgotten that His Mission Is to Represent and Advocate the Interests of His Country
''Nasty Armenian'': Turkish Singer Sued for Insulting Armenians in a Post Addressed to Kim Kardashian
Ancient Armenian Church Surfaces from under Lake Van
Armenia’s Government Should Oppose Turkey Attempts to Take Over Armenian Properties in Jerusalem
Government Approves 22nd Anti-Crisis Program: Unemployed Citizens to Receive Lump-Sum Assistance at the Rate of the Minimum Wage
Turkey Drew Up Plans to Invade Greece and Armenia: Jerusalem Post
ANCA Calls for Robust US Funding for Artsakh
Comment by the Spokesperson of the MFA of Armenia Anna Naghdalyan on the Remarks of the President of Azerbaijan During the Opening on N Military Unit
Armenia PM: Constitutional Court President will be Dismissed, Powers of CC Members will Terminate in a Few Hours
Statement by the Foreign Ministry of the Republic of Artsakh on the Occasion of the 28th Anniversary of the Occupation of the Shahumian Region
Wind: 8 km/h