Argentina Plans to Offer 100-Year Bonds
Argentina is planning to sell its first 100-year bond a year after returning to global capital markets, as it grapples with a soaring budget deficit, the Bloomberg reports.
The bond, which will be used to shore up its budget and refinance debt, may be priced as soon as Monday and yield about 8.25 percent, according to a person with knowledge of the matter, who asked not to be named because the deal is private. Citigroup Inc. and HSBC Holdings Plc are managing the sale. The debt-issuance plan was announced on Twitter by the Argentine Finance Ministry, which hasn’t provided further details.
Argentina will join Mexico, Ireland and the U.K. in selling debt that matures over a century. While Argentina last year sold what was at the time the largest emerging-market bond on record, the move will test investor resolve on Argentina. As well as seeking to close its fiscal deficit, the south American country has defaulted seven times in 200 years.
- Gazprom, Turkey Discuss Using TurkStream for Gas Supplies to Europe Earlier, Burmistrova said that Gazprom may consider delivering some of TurkStream’s gas further to Europe, on the condition that the demand for gas in the country continues to decline. Gas purchases...
- China's Economy Will Grow 2% This Year and 7.9% in 2021 "A premature policy exit and excessive tightening could derail the recovery," the World Bank said in its latest economic update on China, released Wednesday. It predicts the world’s second-largest economy...
- World Oil Prices Dropping And the Brent oil futures for February supplies fell by 2.97 percent to $50.71 a barrel.
- Oil Prices Fall as OPEC+ Members Debate 2021 Output Policy "Last week’s optimism is taking a hit this morning and longs are edging towards the exit ahead of the OPEC+ talks," said oil broker PVM’s Tamas Varga, after OPEC+ failed to agree on policy in informal...
- OPEC Sees Steeper Oil Demand Drop as Virus Remains Challenging World oil demand will tumble by 9.46 million barrels per day (bpd) this year, the Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries said in a monthly report, more than the 9.06 million bpd decline expected...
Armenia’s Minister of Defense Visited Military Unit
White House Has Published the Biden-Harris Administration Immediate Priorities
Polish Politician Offered 50,000$ to Cancel Publication of a Brochure on Azerbaijani War Crimes in Karabakh
Stepantsminda-Larsi Highway is Closed
Iran’s FM to Visit Armenia, Georgia, Azerbaijan and Russia Next Week
Armenian FM Receives Ambassadors of OSCE Minsk Group Co-Chair Countries
Trump Orders to Declassify Set of Documents Related to FBI’s Russia Probe
Germany Extends COVID Lockdown until February 14
114 Refugees Return to Nagorno Karabakh in a Day
Iran’s Rouhani Hails Departure of ‘Tyrant’ Trump
Trump Grants Pardons to 73 Individuals, Including Ex-Adviser Bannon
Body of MIA Soldier Found in Jabrayil
Armenia Records 165221 Confirmed Coronavirus Cases
Competent State Body of Armenia Must Publish the Number of Armenian POWs – Ombudsman
Some Roads are Closed in Armenia
We Will Continue to Fight to Make Your Dreams Come True: Garo Paylan about Hrant Dink
Armenia’s Minister of Defense Receives Delegation of Yerkrapah Volunteer Union
Trump Orders to Restrict Purchase of Unmanned Aircraft Systems from Russia and China
Stepantsminda-Larsi Highway is Closed
Stable Operational Situation Maintained along Armenian-Azerbaijani Border
Lavrov: No Provocations Against Russian Peacekeepers in Nagorno-Karabakh
Azerbaijan President's Statement Contradicts point 8 of Statement Signed on November 9, 2020: Arman Tatoyan
Artsakh Authorities Find More Bodies of Fallen Troops in Ongoing Search Operations
Artsakh Security Chief: We Could Have Avoided the War
Colorado Identifies First Known Case of UK Coronavirus Variant in US
Armenia to Import 2,250 Goods from Iran Instead of Turkey
Bodies of 1,111 Fallen Armenian Soldiers Retrieved So Far: Artsakh Emergency Service
Let's Believe that 2021 Will Restore Our Lost Dignity
Armenian, Azerbaijani Intelligence Chiefs Discuss PoW Exchange at Moscow-Mediated Meeting
Armenia Ombudsman: What Azerbaijan Military has Done is Step with Clear Intention to Intimidate Civilians
Wind: 8 km/h