Proposals to Improve the Effectiveness of Parliamentary Diplomacy
Taking into consideration the fact that Armenia is passing to the Parliamentary system of governance, parliamentary diplomacy will now have more importance in the foreign policy of Armenia. The press conference of the Deputy of the National Assembly of the Republic of Armenia, Mihran Hakobyan and the head of the "Integration and Development" NGO, the chairman of the Eurasian Expert Club Aram Safaryan, was dedicated to this topic.
"In a parliamentary form of governance, a completely different philosophy works in the modeling of both internal and external political issues. When the role of the Parliament grows, the role of the parliamentarians in diplomatic relations also grows," Mihran Hakobyan said. He stressed that in this context, the potential of parliamentary diplomacy grows - both in the format of bilateral and multilateral relations.
In the context of the growing role of parliamentary diplomacy, Aram Safaryan stressed that the importance of adopting qualitative political decisions is also growing. "In order to make qualitative decisions, it is simply necessary that the political forces - both the ruling and the opposition - have a developed, scientifically reinforced civil position that will be promoted at international platforms," Aram Safaryan said.
Considering the above-mentioned, the Eurasian Expert Club has developed several proposals that are designed to raise the level of political decisions made with the support of civil society and contribute to enhancing the effectiveness of parliamentary diplomacy. As noted by Aram Safaryan, these proposals are submitted for a wide discussion, so that if necessary, they are used in the National Assembly from the autumn.
In particular they suggest the following:
- Within the Interparliamentary Commission for Cooperation between the National Assembly of the Republic of Armenia and the Federal Assembly of the Russian Federation, to form a scientific and expert council that can support the work of the Commission and promote the adoption of high-quality solutions. A similar commission is proposed to be formed also in Russia with the involvement of Russian experts, and twice a year to hold joint meetings of experts and parliamentarians in Moscow and Yerevan.
- Use the experience of the previous convocation of the National Assembly and hold joint meetings of the Standing Committee on Economic Affairs of the National Assembly and a similar collegial institution of the Russian side to promote bilateral economic relations and attract investment. In this matter, the proposal is based on the experience of Serbia. This is seen as a possible incentive to attract Russian investments to Armenia.
- Following the example of the Bureau for Eurasian Integration in the Russian Academy of Sciences, to establish a Eurasian integration council at the National Academy of Sciences of Armenia, which will collect and systematize scientific works in the field of Eurasian integration, proposals developed in scientific circles, and put them on the bases of the development of State policy. Interaction of this Council with the collegiate institutions of the EAEU countries is underlined. The Eurasian Expert Club offers Ashot Tavadyan, candidate of economic sciences, to be the Secretary of the council.
- Situation in Kazakhstan Stabilized, CSTO Chief Assures "Today, thanks to the joint and coordinated actions of the CSTO peacekeepers, the armed forces and law enforcement officers of the Republic of Kazakhstan, the situation in the country has stabilized. During...
- CSTO Countries’ Defense Ministers Discuss Mechanisms for Responding Quickly to Emerging Threats As a result of the session, a joint decision of the CSTO Council of Ministers of Defense was signed to organize the return of military contingent of the CSTO member states from Kazakhstan to its permanent...
- Damage to Business from Riots in Kazakhstan Surpasses $213 mln "As of 09:00 (06:00 Moscow time) on January 10, the total amount of damage was, according to rough estimates, more than 93.7 bln tenge. In Almaty - 92.2 bln tenge (over $209 mln)," the statement said.
- CSTO Secretary General Discuss Kazakhstan Situation with Armenian PM On January 6, 2022, CSTO Secretary General Stanislav Zas had a telephone conversation with the Chairman of the Collective Security Council, Prime Minister of the Republic of Armenia Nikol Pashinyan, the...
- Armenia Ratifying EEU Agreement on Exchange of Confidential Financial Information According to him, the purpose of this agreement is to coordinate and expand the exchange of information between the financial market regulators of the EEU member countries.
Delimitation of Armenian-Azerbaijani Border Will Help Exclude Armed Clashes: Bordyuzha
PM Pashinyan Sends Congratulatory Message to the Newly Elected Prime Minister of North Macedonia
Armenia Records 353731 Confirmed Coronavirus Cases
Foreign Minister Ararat Mirzoyan Will Leave for Luxembourg
Serzh Sargsyan turned to mediators to restore point on holding a referendum: Pashinyan
PM Pashinyan Answers Questions of Media and NGO Representatives
There are Closed Roadways in Armenia
Armenia Is Ready for Peace Treaty Talks with Azerbaijan: Pashinyan
5-Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
The Armenian Government Will Provide Budget Assistance of About 144 Billion AMD to Artsakh in 2022 - Nikol Pashinyan
Armenian Minister of Justice Holds Meeting with Ambassador of Belarus
Kristinne Grigoryan Passes Confirmation Vote to Become Next Human Rights Defender of Armenia
Vardan Toghanyan Completes Mission as Armenia’s Ambassador to Russia
Armenia's Ex-Defense Minister Denied Bail
US Orders Families of Embassy Staff to Leave Ukraine
Armenia Records 352399 Confirmed Coronavirus Cases
President Sarkissian Entitled to Retract Resignation Within one Week
Some Roads are Closed and Difficult to Pass in Armenia
Armenian President Steps Down
Entry of New Eastern European Countries into the Alliance Is Not on the Agenda: German Chancellor
The Prime Minister Awards the 10 Best Athletes of the Year
Turkey Announces One of Its Preconditions for Normalization of Relations with Armenia
Zakharova Speaks about First Meeting in Moscow of Armenia, Azerbaijan Elites after Karabakh War
Armenian Aviation Regulator Grants Permit to Flyone Armenia to Operate Yerevan-Istanbul Flights
The Process of Armenian-Turkish Normalisation Dangerous, Does Not Consider Armenia's Interests - Artur Vanetsyan
Artsakh Defense Army Denies Shooting at Employees of Azerbaijani Company
Whole World Will Benefit from Normalization of Armenian-Turkish Relations: Dmitry Polyanskiy
Artsakh Republic President Received Staff Members of Schools of Hadrout and Shoushi
3rd President Sargsyan Pays Tribute to Armenians who Sacrificed Their Lives for the Homeland (PHOTOS)
Armenia Records 344930 Confirmed Coronavirus Cases