Proposals to Improve the Effectiveness of Parliamentary Diplomacy
Taking into consideration the fact that Armenia is passing to the Parliamentary system of governance, parliamentary diplomacy will now have more importance in the foreign policy of Armenia. The press conference of the Deputy of the National Assembly of the Republic of Armenia, Mihran Hakobyan and the head of the "Integration and Development" NGO, the chairman of the Eurasian Expert Club Aram Safaryan, was dedicated to this topic.
"In a parliamentary form of governance, a completely different philosophy works in the modeling of both internal and external political issues. When the role of the Parliament grows, the role of the parliamentarians in diplomatic relations also grows," Mihran Hakobyan said. He stressed that in this context, the potential of parliamentary diplomacy grows - both in the format of bilateral and multilateral relations.
In the context of the growing role of parliamentary diplomacy, Aram Safaryan stressed that the importance of adopting qualitative political decisions is also growing. "In order to make qualitative decisions, it is simply necessary that the political forces - both the ruling and the opposition - have a developed, scientifically reinforced civil position that will be promoted at international platforms," Aram Safaryan said.
Considering the above-mentioned, the Eurasian Expert Club has developed several proposals that are designed to raise the level of political decisions made with the support of civil society and contribute to enhancing the effectiveness of parliamentary diplomacy. As noted by Aram Safaryan, these proposals are submitted for a wide discussion, so that if necessary, they are used in the National Assembly from the autumn.
In particular they suggest the following:
- Within the Interparliamentary Commission for Cooperation between the National Assembly of the Republic of Armenia and the Federal Assembly of the Russian Federation, to form a scientific and expert council that can support the work of the Commission and promote the adoption of high-quality solutions. A similar commission is proposed to be formed also in Russia with the involvement of Russian experts, and twice a year to hold joint meetings of experts and parliamentarians in Moscow and Yerevan.
- Use the experience of the previous convocation of the National Assembly and hold joint meetings of the Standing Committee on Economic Affairs of the National Assembly and a similar collegial institution of the Russian side to promote bilateral economic relations and attract investment. In this matter, the proposal is based on the experience of Serbia. This is seen as a possible incentive to attract Russian investments to Armenia.
- Following the example of the Bureau for Eurasian Integration in the Russian Academy of Sciences, to establish a Eurasian integration council at the National Academy of Sciences of Armenia, which will collect and systematize scientific works in the field of Eurasian integration, proposals developed in scientific circles, and put them on the bases of the development of State policy. Interaction of this Council with the collegiate institutions of the EAEU countries is underlined. The Eurasian Expert Club offers Ashot Tavadyan, candidate of economic sciences, to be the Secretary of the council.
- The Import Duty Relief for Certain Agricultural and Medical products will not Apply Starting July 1 At the same time, the committee announces that the import duty relief for medical products specified in decisions of EEC No 21 of 16.03.2020 and No 34 of 03.04.2020 will be effective till September 30,...
- Parliament Ratifies EEU Customs Privileges Extension The privileged customs duties for around 1000 types of products was active since 2015 with a term of 5 years. The ratification extended the term for another year.
- EAEU Leaders’ May 19 Summit to be Held in Video Conference Mode The summit must have taken place in Minsk, the capital of Belarus, on May 19, but due to the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, several countries have closed their borders and applied a quarantine...
- RIA Novosti: EAEU Leaders Support Maintaining Free Movement of Goods During COVID-19 Pandemic We support maintaining the unity of the international community, the stability of the global economy and the principle of free movement of goods, including those of social significance, such as food, medical...
- Eurasian Economic Commission Board new Chairman to Visit Armenia During his trip, bilateral meetings are scheduled with Prime Minister Nikol Pashinyan, First Deputy Prime Minister Mher Grigoryan, President Armen Sarkissian, and National Assembly Speaker Ararat Mirzoyan.
Kanye West Announces He's Running for President
Armenia Records 28606 Confirmed Coronavirus Cases
Constitution is Not Only the Right and Responsibility But Also a Mindset, a Work Culture, a System of Values, and Morality: Armen Sarkissian
Nikol Pashinyan Congratulates Jean Castex on his Appointment to the Post of Prime Minister of the French Republic
Minister of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Artsakh Masis Mayilian Held a Meeting With Minister of Foreign Affairs of Armenia Zohrab Mnatsakanyan
I Should Highlight the High Pace and Quality in the Development of Armenia’s Armed Forces: PM Meets with MoD and AF Leadership
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
Artsakh Republic President Made New Appointments
Artsakh Republic President Received Foreign Minister of the Republic of Armenia Zohrab Mnatsakanyan
Narek Harutyunyan Appointed Deputy Prosecutor-General of the Artsakh Republic
The Authorities of the Republic of Artsakh Confirm Their Determination to Seek the Restoration of the Territorial Integrity of the Republic: Artsakh MFA
Nikol Pashinyan Conveys Congratulations to Donald Trump
Armenia Records 27900 Confirmed Coronavirus Cases
Rare celestial event ‘planet parade’ to occur after 37 yrs
Commemoration of Sts. Tiridates, King of Armenia, Queen Ashkhen and Princess Khosrovidoukht
Anouch Toraninan Elected Head of 15th Arrondissement of Paris
Lithuanian President’s Wife Sends Gifts to Armenian Children Infected with Covid-19 (VIDEO)
Su-30SM Fighter Jets Destroyed All Air Targets: Pashinyan (video)
Ararat Mirzoyan Held Telephone Conversation with Chairman of Russian State Duma
Artsakh President Convoked a Consultation on the Defense Army Officers' Housing Issues
Karen Bekaryan: Nikol Pashinyan Has Forgotten that His Mission Is to Represent and Advocate the Interests of His Country
''Nasty Armenian'': Turkish Singer Sued for Insulting Armenians in a Post Addressed to Kim Kardashian
Reddit Cofounder Alexis Ohanian Resigns from Board, Urges Seat Be Filled by Black Candidate
Armenia’s Government Should Oppose Turkey Attempts to Take Over Armenian Properties in Jerusalem
Greek Defence Minister: Turkey’s Behaviour is Aggressive But Our Powerful Armed Forces is a Deterrent
Government Approves 22nd Anti-Crisis Program: Unemployed Citizens to Receive Lump-Sum Assistance at the Rate of the Minimum Wage
Turkey Drew Up Plans to Invade Greece and Armenia: Jerusalem Post
ANCA Calls for Robust US Funding for Artsakh
Ancient Armenian Church Surfaces from under Lake Van
Comment by the Spokesperson of the MFA of Armenia Anna Naghdalyan on the Remarks of the President of Azerbaijan During the Opening on N Military Unit
Wind: 6 km/h