Proposals to Improve the Effectiveness of Parliamentary Diplomacy
Taking into consideration the fact that Armenia is passing to the Parliamentary system of governance, parliamentary diplomacy will now have more importance in the foreign policy of Armenia. The press conference of the Deputy of the National Assembly of the Republic of Armenia, Mihran Hakobyan and the head of the "Integration and Development" NGO, the chairman of the Eurasian Expert Club Aram Safaryan, was dedicated to this topic.
"In a parliamentary form of governance, a completely different philosophy works in the modeling of both internal and external political issues. When the role of the Parliament grows, the role of the parliamentarians in diplomatic relations also grows," Mihran Hakobyan said. He stressed that in this context, the potential of parliamentary diplomacy grows - both in the format of bilateral and multilateral relations.
In the context of the growing role of parliamentary diplomacy, Aram Safaryan stressed that the importance of adopting qualitative political decisions is also growing. "In order to make qualitative decisions, it is simply necessary that the political forces - both the ruling and the opposition - have a developed, scientifically reinforced civil position that will be promoted at international platforms," Aram Safaryan said.
Considering the above-mentioned, the Eurasian Expert Club has developed several proposals that are designed to raise the level of political decisions made with the support of civil society and contribute to enhancing the effectiveness of parliamentary diplomacy. As noted by Aram Safaryan, these proposals are submitted for a wide discussion, so that if necessary, they are used in the National Assembly from the autumn.
In particular they suggest the following:
- Within the Interparliamentary Commission for Cooperation between the National Assembly of the Republic of Armenia and the Federal Assembly of the Russian Federation, to form a scientific and expert council that can support the work of the Commission and promote the adoption of high-quality solutions. A similar commission is proposed to be formed also in Russia with the involvement of Russian experts, and twice a year to hold joint meetings of experts and parliamentarians in Moscow and Yerevan.
- Use the experience of the previous convocation of the National Assembly and hold joint meetings of the Standing Committee on Economic Affairs of the National Assembly and a similar collegial institution of the Russian side to promote bilateral economic relations and attract investment. In this matter, the proposal is based on the experience of Serbia. This is seen as a possible incentive to attract Russian investments to Armenia.
- Following the example of the Bureau for Eurasian Integration in the Russian Academy of Sciences, to establish a Eurasian integration council at the National Academy of Sciences of Armenia, which will collect and systematize scientific works in the field of Eurasian integration, proposals developed in scientific circles, and put them on the bases of the development of State policy. Interaction of this Council with the collegiate institutions of the EAEU countries is underlined. The Eurasian Expert Club offers Ashot Tavadyan, candidate of economic sciences, to be the Secretary of the council.
- Russia PM: Eurasian Union Ready for Free Trade Zones with Asian Countries Medvedev recalled that a similar agreement has already been concluded with Vietnam, Singapore and China, while negotiations with India are underway.
- Rouhani: US Carries out Economic Terrorism As the Iranian president noted, resistance to hostile actions led to harsh and inhuman sanctions; international obligations and agreements are ignored.
- EAEU IS the Only Structure Where We Are the Full Owners According to him, the Eurasian Economic Union is perceived by Armenia as some foreign object, from which "something must be pulled out".
- Serbia to Sign Free Trade Zone Agreement with EAEU on October 25 According to the Russian ambassador, "in the future, Serbia may become one of the links on the space between the EU and the EAEU."
- Risky-For-Us Issues Discussed at EEU Inter-Governmental Board Session At the EEU intergovernmental board session, held in Yerevan, a range of key issues were raised concerning setting up joint markets of energy carriers, eliminating trade obstacles and so on. At least theoretically...
Artur Javadyan: Central Bank is Concerned About Growth Rate of Consumer Loans
Pashinyan to Visit Italy
President Sarkissian Hosts Film Director Jivan Avetisyan
Armenian President Holds Farewell Meeting with Greek Ambassador
Artsakh Republic President Bako Sahakyan Chaired the Meeting of the Government
Erdogan Says He Gave Trump Back Letter Warning Not to Be ‘Fool’
President of Artsakh Signed Laws
Islamic Jihad Says Ceasefire with Israel Agreed
Roads in Armenia are Passable: Stepantsminda-Larsi Highway is Open for All Types of Vehicles
Graham Blocks Resolution Recognizing Armenian Genocide After Erdoğan Meeting
Kazakhstan’s Senate Speaker Arrives in Armenia on Official Visit
Artsakh President Receives the Head of Board and Executive Director of the Armenian Public TV and Radio Company
Armenia's Government Wants Clarification of the Parameters of the Madrid Principles
"You and Erdogan Brought ISIS": Cher Comments on Murder of Armenian Priest in Syria
The Incident in Armavir Doesn't Correspond to Spirit of Armenian-Russian Relations: Armenian Embassy in Russia
Public Council Chairman Vazgen Manukyan Steps Down
Israeli Air Raids on Gaza Kill 18
46 Families Return to Artsakh’s Talish After Reconstruction
Venice Calls for State of Emergency after Worst Flooding in Over 50 Years
OSCE Conducts Monitoring on the Border of Artsakh and Azerbaijan
I Cannot Stop Cursing the Genocide Committed against Armenians: Fethullah Gulen's Letter Addressed to the Armenian Patriarch of Constantinople Was Found
Armenian Genocide Resolution scheduled for a vote in US House of Representatives
Kim Kardashian Expects US House of Representatives Would Recognize Armenian Genocide
Only Turkish parliament can heal Armenian people’s wounds, says Garo Paylan
Reception at the Embassy of the Republic of Armenia to the USA in Honor of the Artsakh Republic Delegation
Nikol Pashinyan: “Making Real Changes for the Sake of Humans, the State and the Church Has Been My Mission”
Erdogan Demands US Hand Over SDF Chief to Turkey
Lori is a Splendid Textbook for Learning About our Native Land, While Vanadzor is One of its Most Significant and Beautiful Pages. Armen Sarkissian
Turkish Foreign Minister Hold Talks with U.S.'s Pompeo: Sources
Zareh Sinanyan Will Demand from French Authorities to Provide Security to Armenian Institutions after Attacks
Wind: 4 km/h