Terrorist Groups Plotting New 9/11 in US: They Want to Take Down Aircraft - Top US Official Warns
Islamic State fanatics and other terror groups are planning another massive attack on the scale of 9/11, Elaine Duke, Donald Trump’s acting Secretary of Homeland Security, said speaking at the US embassy in London, The Daily Mail reports.
''The terrorist organisations, be it ISIS or others, want to have the big explosion like they did on 9/11. They want to take down aircraft, the intelligence is clear on that'', the security chief, who has served three US presidents,
According to her, jihadists were using crude knife and van attacks to keep their members engaged and their finances flowing as they plot another 'big explosion' similar to the September 2001 atrocities.She noted that intelligence is pointing to extremists plotting to take down planes to inflict mass civilian casualties.
''However, in the interim they need to keep their finances flowing and they need to keep their visibility high and they need to keep their members engaged, so they are using small plots and they are happy to have small plots'', Elaine Duke noted.
According to her, terrorists are strong, they are adaptable and the terrorist threat is the highest it has been since pre-9/11.
''We have got to have every tool that’s possible,'' she added.
- Trump Says 'Erdogan Can Eradicate' any IS Group Left in Syria US President Donald Trump said his Turkish counterpart Recep Tayyip Erdogan assured him that any remaining of Islamic State group fighters in Syria will be eliminated.
- US Announces Death of ISIS Leader in Afghanistan “We must ensure terrorists can never use Afghanistan as a safe haven,” Miller told officials at the ceremony, according to Stars and Stripes.
- Pentagon Chief Urges Turkey to Stay Focused on Fighting Islamic State Relations between the United States and Turkey, allies within the North Atlantic Treaty Organization, have become frayed by their diverging interests in the Syrian civil war.
- Turkey Suspected in Recruiting Ex-Isis Fighters Against Kurds in Afrin An estimated 6,000 Turkish troops and 10,000 Free Syrian Army (FSA) militia crossed into Syria on 20 January, pledging to drive the YPG out of Afrin.
- Kurds in Syria Call on US Support to Rein in Turkish Operations Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan has said the operation will be expanded to other areas, including Manbij, where American forces are stationed with Kurdish militia.
Georgia’s President is Declining Her Official Salary and will Continue to Live on Her French Pension
Tension between Russia and Azerbaijan: Armenians to Be Blamed?
Only 2/3 of Cabinet Members will be Appointed in the Near Future - Nikol Pashinyan Refers to Government Formation
Preparing for Peace? Stepanakert Responded to OSCE Minsk Group Co-Chairs Statement
Pentagon to Scrutinize Recruits with Green Cards and Other Foreign Ties
Armenia Appoints Permanent Representative to UNESCO
Iran Foreign Minister Condemns US Imprisonment of Press TV Anchor
Prime Minister Nikol Pashinyan Extends Condolences to Georgian Prime Minister Mamuka Bakhtadze
Sanctions Relief Removes Obstacle to US-Armenia Aluminum Trade
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
"Possible Summit Between Leaders of Armenia and Azerbaijan" under Consideration: Statement by the Co-Chairs of the OSCE Minsk Group
Meeting of Armenian and Azerbaijani FMs Lasted More than 4 Hours
PM Pashinyan to Participate in Davos Economic Forum
Some Roads in Armenia are Closed and Difficult to Pass
CoE Secretary General Congratulates Nikol Pashinyan
Serbia Arrests Man Plotting to Assassinate Putin
Russia Expects Progress in the Karabakh Conflict Settlement in 2019 - Lavrov
Mher Grigoryan and Tigran Avinyan Appointed as Deputy Prime Ministers
UK Has Not Requested Brexit Extension
Acting Secretary General of CSTO Congratulates Pashinyan on Re-Appointment
Congratulatory Address by Acting Prime Minister Nikol Pashinyan on New Year and Christmas Holidays (VIDEO)
Erdogan Officially Declared 2019 as the Year of Armenian Portasar
His Holiness Karekin II Catholicos of All Armenians Sends a Message on the Occasion of the Feast of the Holy Nativity and Theophany of Our Lord Jesus Christ
James Mattis to step down as US defence secretary after announcing he can no longer support Donald Trump
Nikol Pashinyan:"We Have Erased the Borderline Between Armenia and the Diaspora Because our Main Task is to Create Opportunities for Everyone"
As the Leader of the Country that Chairs the International Organization of La Francophonie, Nikol Pashinyan Signs OIF Secretary General’s Employment Contract
Artsakh Republic President Addressed Congratulatory Message on the Occasion of New Year and Christmas Holidays
Meeting between Pashinyan and Belarusian candidate for CSTO Secretary general not Planned: Arman Yeghoyan
Eve of Feast of the Holy Nativity and Theophany of Our Lord Jesus Christ, Candlelight (Lucernarium) Divine Liturgy
Pompeo: US Withdrawal from Syria doesn't Change Mission to Destroy ISIS and Stop Iran's Influence in the Mideast