Terrorist Groups Plotting New 9/11 in US: They Want to Take Down Aircraft - Top US Official Warns
Islamic State fanatics and other terror groups are planning another massive attack on the scale of 9/11, Elaine Duke, Donald Trump’s acting Secretary of Homeland Security, said speaking at the US embassy in London, The Daily Mail reports.
''The terrorist organisations, be it ISIS or others, want to have the big explosion like they did on 9/11. They want to take down aircraft, the intelligence is clear on that'', the security chief, who has served three US presidents,
According to her, jihadists were using crude knife and van attacks to keep their members engaged and their finances flowing as they plot another 'big explosion' similar to the September 2001 atrocities.She noted that intelligence is pointing to extremists plotting to take down planes to inflict mass civilian casualties.
''However, in the interim they need to keep their finances flowing and they need to keep their visibility high and they need to keep their members engaged, so they are using small plots and they are happy to have small plots'', Elaine Duke noted.
According to her, terrorists are strong, they are adaptable and the terrorist threat is the highest it has been since pre-9/11.
''We have got to have every tool that’s possible,'' she added.
- US Giving Daesh Safe Passage in East Syria under Gold Deal: Local Sources Information suggest that the US forces in the Syrian al-Jazeera area made a deal with Daesh terrorists, by which Washington gets tens of tons of gold that the terror organization had stolen in exchange...
- Trump Says 'Erdogan Can Eradicate' any IS Group Left in Syria US President Donald Trump said his Turkish counterpart Recep Tayyip Erdogan assured him that any remaining of Islamic State group fighters in Syria will be eliminated.
- US Announces Death of ISIS Leader in Afghanistan “We must ensure terrorists can never use Afghanistan as a safe haven,” Miller told officials at the ceremony, according to Stars and Stripes.
- Pentagon Chief Urges Turkey to Stay Focused on Fighting Islamic State Relations between the United States and Turkey, allies within the North Atlantic Treaty Organization, have become frayed by their diverging interests in the Syrian civil war.
- Turkey Suspected in Recruiting Ex-Isis Fighters Against Kurds in Afrin An estimated 6,000 Turkish troops and 10,000 Free Syrian Army (FSA) militia crossed into Syria on 20 January, pledging to drive the YPG out of Afrin.
Government Holds Extraordinary Meeting
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
Measures Should Be Taken to Foster Armenia’s Ties With Venezuelan Armenian Community
Nikol Pashinyan Extends Congratulations to Greek Prime Minister on Independence Day
Trump’s Decision Over Golan Heights May Create a Mess
President of Artsakh Convenes Consultation with Participation of Heads of Regional administrations
Pompeo: No Double Standard in Trump's Golan Heights Decision
Artsakh Republic President Chaired the Meeting of the NKR Cabinet of Ministers
Stepantsminda-Larsi Highway is Closed for All Types of Vehicles
Henrikh Mkhitaryan Presented his Arsenal Jersey to President Sarkissian
Trump Cleared of Conspiring with Russia
Armen Sarkissian Congratulates Greek Counterpart on Independence Day
Armenia PM to Have Closed Meeting at Ministry of Defense
Serj Tankian: Gallipoli Pilgrimage Should Be Suspended
Armenia to Chair Upcoming UN Commission on the Status of Women Sessions
Accessories to Wear to Look Trendy: Style Talk With Gog Moon
Nikol Pashinyan Holds Informal Meeting with Georgian Prime Minister Mamuka Bakhtadze in Yenokavan
PM Briefed on Yenokavan Development Strategy
Maduro Accused the USA and Guaido in Planning to Kill Him
Rafi Eitan: Israeli Spy Who Led Operation to Capture Holocaust Architect Adolf Eichmann Dies Aged 92
Ara Darzi, Outstanding Surgeon, the First Armenian in the House of Lords
Armenian who Was Born on Ararat Street: Sergey Lavrov – the Unsurpassed Diplomat
Armenian Anita Caracotchian: The First Female Oceanographer in the World
Seerpoohi Elias: Armenian Woman and the First Chief Justice of New Zealand
Macron Calls for Schengen Reform
Armenian Ambassador Expressed Indignation over the Participation of the Russian MPs in the Anti-Armenian Rally in Baku
Adam, Eve, Noah’s Ark and Tigran the Great at Carnival in Brazil
President of Artsakh, NSS Director of Armenia Visit Southern Section of Artsakh-Azerbaijan Borderline
Armenia, Belgium Set to Develop Cooperation in Education and Research: Memorandums of Understanding Signed as Part of Prime Minister’s Visit
Armenian-Iranian High-Level Talks Held in Tehran: Nikol Pashinyan, Hassan Rouhani Discuss Wide Range of Issues
Wind: 11 km/h