Terrorist Groups Plotting New 9/11 in US: They Want to Take Down Aircraft - Top US Official Warns
Islamic State fanatics and other terror groups are planning another massive attack on the scale of 9/11, Elaine Duke, Donald Trump’s acting Secretary of Homeland Security, said speaking at the US embassy in London, The Daily Mail reports.
''The terrorist organisations, be it ISIS or others, want to have the big explosion like they did on 9/11. They want to take down aircraft, the intelligence is clear on that'', the security chief, who has served three US presidents,
According to her, jihadists were using crude knife and van attacks to keep their members engaged and their finances flowing as they plot another 'big explosion' similar to the September 2001 atrocities.She noted that intelligence is pointing to extremists plotting to take down planes to inflict mass civilian casualties.
''However, in the interim they need to keep their finances flowing and they need to keep their visibility high and they need to keep their members engaged, so they are using small plots and they are happy to have small plots'', Elaine Duke noted.
According to her, terrorists are strong, they are adaptable and the terrorist threat is the highest it has been since pre-9/11.
''We have got to have every tool that’s possible,'' she added.
- US Announces Death of ISIS Leader in Afghanistan “We must ensure terrorists can never use Afghanistan as a safe haven,” Miller told officials at the ceremony, according to Stars and Stripes.
- Pentagon Chief Urges Turkey to Stay Focused on Fighting Islamic State Relations between the United States and Turkey, allies within the North Atlantic Treaty Organization, have become frayed by their diverging interests in the Syrian civil war.
- Turkey Suspected in Recruiting Ex-Isis Fighters Against Kurds in Afrin An estimated 6,000 Turkish troops and 10,000 Free Syrian Army (FSA) militia crossed into Syria on 20 January, pledging to drive the YPG out of Afrin.
- Kurds in Syria Call on US Support to Rein in Turkish Operations Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan has said the operation will be expanded to other areas, including Manbij, where American forces are stationed with Kurdish militia.
- Iraqi Troops Discovered a Mass Grave with Bodies of Dead Soldiers Executed by Daesh The specialists intend to thoroughly study the remains, as "hundreds of other Iraqi soldiers and policemen who fought against extremists are considered missing."
Nikol Pashinyan Holds Phone Conversation with Vladimir Putin
Nikol Pashinyan Visited Military Base (photos)
France Prepares Transport and Customs Measures in Case of No-Brexit Deal
Chinese Premier: China Ready to Boost Trade With Russia
Armenia Ombudsman Prepares Special Report on Shooting towards Armenian Border Villages by Azerbaijani Side
Special Task Force to be Set Up To Deal with Possible Violations during Snap parliamentary Elections
California Wildfire Death Toll Grows with Hundreds Missing
Brexit: I am Going to See This Through, Says Theresa May
President of Artsakh Met co-Chairs of Coordinating Council of Armenian Organizations of France in Paris
NBC: U.S. is evaluating Turkish materials on Fethullah Gulen
Artsakh's President Visited the Phonethon Center Organized in Paris by the "Hayastan" All-Armenian Fund
Nikol Pashinyan: "We Must Hold Elections in Line with Best International Standards"
Nikol Pashinyan Visited Meguerian Carpet Company and had Working Dinner with Harvard University Graduates (photos)
Putin: Russia to Work with any New Administration in Ukraine
Artsakh Parliament President Sent Congratulatory Letters to the US Congress
Esther McVey Resigns after Telling Theresa May that Brexit Deal Doesn't Honour the Referendum
Weather Forecast: The Air Temperature Will Go Down By 2-3 Degrees
California's Ghost Town: Journalist Shared Photos of Deserted Paradise
British Brexit Secretary Resignes
Trump Picks Handbag Designer to Be Envoy to South Africa
Azerbaijan Wants to Return Askerov and Guliyev to Make them Heroes as it Happened with Safarov - Babayan
Nikol Pashinyan’s Working Visit to Lebanon Kicks off - Acting Armenian PM, Lebanese President Meet in Beirut
Artsakh: Congratulatory Address to Catholicos of the Holy See of Cilicia Aram I on the 50th Anniversary of Ordination to Priesthood
A Snake Slithering out of Israel's Western Wall is Being Regarded as a Third Sign that the End of the World is Nigh
Trump Threatens to Call US Military to Close Southern Border as 4,000-Strong Migrant Caravan Pushes North
President of Artsakh Holds Working Consultation with Chairmen of Parliamentary Standing Committees and Heads of Factions
Genadi Tavaratsyan Has Been Appointed As Head of the National Defense Research University of the Defense Ministry
President Anticipates Active Participation of the International Financial Institutions to the Implementation of Different Programs in our Country
Declaration of Friendship Signed between Shekher Community of Artsakh and Arnouville Community of France
Nikol Pashinyan: "We are a Country That has its Unique Place on the Global Map of Information Technology"
Wind: 16.09 km/h