BrExit High on Agenda for Emmanuel Macron's Visit to Britain
The French President, Emmanuel Macron, will make his first presidential visit to Britain when he meets Theresa May for talks later this month, Downing Street has said, The Guardian reports.
The British prime minister will seek to use the 35th UK-France summit – to be held at the Royal Military Academy Sandhurst on 18 January – to project an enduring strength of relations between the two countries despite Britain’s decision to leave the EU.
Speaking ahead of the meeting, May said: ''France is one of the UK’s oldest and closest allies and our partnership is one that we both rely on''.
While such events traditionally focus on defence and security co-operation and foreign policy matters, British officials said the talks would be broadened to cover the “full spectrum” of bilateral issues, including education, science and innovation.
Nevertheless, following the decision last month of EU leaders to green light the second phase of the BrExit talks, Britain’s impending withdrawal from the bloc is likely to feature prominently in their discussions.
- Theresa May warns there could be 'no Brexit at all' - Mail on Sunday Writing in the Mail on Sunday, she called for MPs to take a "practical and pragmatic" approach rather than face a "damaging and disorderly" Brexit.
- Tony Blair Warns Rise in Populism could Risk Return to the "1930s" The former prime minister said concerns about immigration from non-EU countries was “upending politics” all over Europe and the only way Britain could try to turn the tide on Brexit was to take these...
- Queen Elizabeth II Approves Brexit Law House Commons Speaker John Bercow announced that the European Union Withdrawal Bill received royal assent and passed into law.
- British Financial Regulator Urges EU Brexit Coordination This covers the period between Britain’s planned departure from the bloc next March and the end of 2020, but EU officials say this was a political deal and will not be legally ratified until at least...
- London Is Concerned by the Political Consequences of Brexit the British are also irritated by the prospective of the improved relations between the EA and Russia and in this context by the reduced role of the NATO, as in that case the Great Britain will be isolated....
Artsakh Republic President Visited the Homeland Defender's Rehabilitation Center in Yerevan
Queen Elizabeth II Extended Congratulatory Message to Nikol Pashinyan
EU, UK Fail to Achieve Significant Progress on Brexit Talks
Google Changes Doodle to Mark Armenia’s 27th Anniversary of Independence
Trump: the Coming Months Bring Opportunities to Resolve the Nagorno-Karabakh Conflict
Armenia Marks Independence Day 27th Anniversary
Saudi Arabia Congratulates Sarkissian on Independence Day
Poland Completes Ratification Process of EU-Armenia Deal
Don't Worry, Be Happy, Don't Worry: Jean-Claude Juncker
RF President Vladimir Putin sends RA President Congratulatory Message on Armenia’s Independence Day
PM Welcomes U.S. Physician Dr. Eric Esrailian and UCLA Chancellor Gene Block
Facebook hasn't Complied with EU Consumer Rules Yet
Vox: North and South Korea Just Signed a Major Agreement. It may be Bad News for Trump.
Mother See: Catholicos of All Armenians Karekin II Is not Resigning
CSTO Chief of Joint Staff not Authorized to Comment on Matter Regarding Secretary General Yuri Khachaturov
EU Leaders Try to Tackle the Migration Crisis
Artsakh’s President Sent a Congratulatory Letter to President of the South Ossetian on Independence Day
Japan's Abe Re-elected as Party Head, to Stay on as PM
Spokesperson of the MFA Armenia Comments on Situation on Border Between Armenia and Azerbaijan
Robert Kocharyan: Putin's Call Is a Serious Support
Pashinyan: Karabakh Should Become a Part of Armenia
Erdogan Wants to Build a Seljuk Style Presidential Palace on Shores of Lake Van
Angela Merkel Arrived in Armenia
Dan Bilzerian Registers in the Armenian Armed Forces
Merkel Left Azerbaijan with ''Armenian Flags''
US Announces Death of ISIS Leader in Afghanistan
Feast of Exaltation of the Holy Cross
Chancellor Merkel’s Visit is Unprecedented in 26-year-old Diplomatic Relations between Germany and Armenia
"Declaration of Independence Laid Foundation of Artsakh’s State-Building’ – Armenian President Extends Congrats on 27th Anniversary
Gevorg Harutyunyan Took the Third Place at the "New Wave -2018" International Music Contest
Wind: 6.44 km/h