Boris Johnson Tells EU that Free Trade Deal Must be Done by 15 October
Britain has set a deadline of Oct. 15 to strike a free-trade deal with the European Union, and if none is agreed both sides should “accept that and move on,” UK Prime Minister Boris Johnson will say on Monday, Reuters reports.
“If we can’t agree by then, then I do not see that there will be a free trade agreement between us, and we should both accept that and move on,” he will say, according to comments released by his office.
If no deal is agreed, Britain would have a trading relationship with the bloc like Australia’s, which would be “a good outcome”, Johnson will say.
“As a government we are preparing, at our borders and at our ports, to be ready for it,” he will say. “We will have full control over our laws, our rules, and our fishing waters.”
In that case, Britain would be ready to find sensible accommodation with the bloc on practical issues such as flights, lorry transport or scientific cooperation, according to the excerpts.
- UK and Japan Agree Historic Free Trade Agreement But it is unclear whether the UK has won an export quota to match the one it had as a member of the EU.
- EU Announced Diplomatic Mission In London The EU External Action shortly after the Brexit issued a statement and announced that the EU’s diplomatic mission in London will be carried out by the EU delegation led by Ambassador diplomat Joao Vale...
- UK PM Johnson Plans 'Respectful' Brexit Celebration After three years of wrangling over whether Brexit should go ahead and how best to do it, Johnson has agreed a deal with the EU that will see Britain continue to abide by the bloc’s rules until the end...
- EU Chiefs Sign Brexit Deal ahead of Parliamentary Vote Then, on Thursday next week, diplomats from the EU member states will approve the deal in writing, ensuring Britain’s orderly departure at midnight on January 31.
- Boris Johnson Refuses to Grant Scotland Powers to Hold Independence Vote Instead he suggested that it is in Scotland's interest not to devote valuable time to discussions about whether the nation should become independent while there are urgent domestic issues to tackle.
Nikol Pashinyan and Mikhail Mishustin meet in Almaty
EU intends to impose new anti-Russian sanctions by special op anniversary
Deputy Prime Minister Tigran Khachatryan received the representatives of the Konrad Adenauer Foundation
Turkish Defense Minister also demands 'Zangezur corridor'
Nikol Pashinyan participates in the narrow-format session of the Eurasian Intergovernmental Council
Stepantsminda-Larsi highway is closed for trucks
Ararat Mirzoyan, Sergey Kopyrkin discuss bilateral relations
Armenian Prime Minister arrives in Kazakhstan
Germany, UK, Follow Netherlands in Closing Istanbul Consulates Over Terror Threat
Lavrov: Armenia occupied 7 regions, Azerbaijan returned its lands
Armenian government approves new round of training for military reservists
Russia says CSTO mission can be deployed to Armenia-Azerbaijan border in "one or two days" if greenlighted by Yerevan
Armenian military plans new standard issue uniforms
U.S. to remain deeply engaged on Armenia-Azerbaijan settlement – State Department
21 people included in Armenia delegation led by PM Pashinyan who left for Kazakhstan
Israel behind recent drone attack on Iranian military facility, envoy says
Artsakh Foreign Minister Meets with Delegation of "For the Republic" Party
The Prime Minister will participate in the regular session of the Eurasian Intergovernmental Council in Almaty
Some roads are closed and difficult to pass in Armenia
Antony Blinken appoints new Senior Advisor on the Caucasus Negotiations
"Michelangelo in the Ballet": Armenian Agrippina Vaganova, the Founder of the Theory of Russian Ballet
The comment of the Press Secretary of the MFA of Armenia on the psychological terror and violation of rights of Armenian children by Azerbaijan
Europe faces unprecedented crisis due to Ukraine conflict, Macron says
Iranian ambassador to Azerbaijan leaves for consultations at home
Azeri 'eco-activists' couldn't reach Lachin corridor without authorities' permission: Tatoyan Foundation
Pentagon commits another $2.5 billion in aid to Ukraine
Ruben Vardanyan offers condolences to families of soldiers killed in barracks fire
5-Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
Los Angeles mayor and city council president address US president on Lachin corridor issue
We highly appreciate the appeal of the European Parliament to the international community: Artsakh Foreign Ministry
Wind: 0.51 km/h