EU Chiefs Sign Brexit Deal ahead of Parliamentary Vote
Brussels’ two top officials, the presidents of the European Commission and the European Council, signed off on Britain’s EU divorce agreement Friday (24 January), Euractiv reports.
With Ursula von der Leyen and Charles Michel’s formal endorsement, the text will now go to the European Parliament on January 29 for ratification.
Then, on Thursday next week, diplomats from the EU member states will approve the deal in writing, ensuring Britain’s orderly departure at midnight on January 31.
- EU Announced Diplomatic Mission In London The EU External Action shortly after the Brexit issued a statement and announced that the EU’s diplomatic mission in London will be carried out by the EU delegation led by Ambassador diplomat Joao Vale...
- UK PM Johnson Plans 'Respectful' Brexit Celebration After three years of wrangling over whether Brexit should go ahead and how best to do it, Johnson has agreed a deal with the EU that will see Britain continue to abide by the bloc’s rules until the end...
- Boris Johnson Refuses to Grant Scotland Powers to Hold Independence Vote Instead he suggested that it is in Scotland's interest not to devote valuable time to discussions about whether the nation should become independent while there are urgent domestic issues to tackle.
- Three British Parties Agree to Vote against Brexit in the Election Such a pact means two of the parties would agree not to field a candidate, boosting the third candidate's chances.
- UK will not Extend Brexit Transition Period The spokesman said the government must continue to prepare for all possibilities including that the country leaves the European Union on Jan. 31 without a withdrawal deal.
The Ambassador of Ukraine to Armenia was Invited to the Foreign Ministry of Armenia
Deceased Armenian Soldiers Were not on Border: Armenia MOD Ex-Spokesperson
Nikol Pashinyan Congratulates Emmanuel Macron on French Republic’s National Day
Two Armenian Soldiers Killed on Armenian-Azerbaijani Border
President Armen Sarkissian Sent a Congratulatory Message to Emmanuel Macron
Azerbaijani Defense Ministry Confirms Death of Major General and Colonel
Armenian air Forces Hit Azerbaijani UAV
Dutch MP Condemns Azerbaijani Shelling on Armenia
Two Armenian Servicemen Killed from Azerbaijani Fire
Armenian President Hosts French Ambassador
US Supreme Court Allows First Federal Executions Of Prisoners In 17 Years
CSTO Urges to Immediately End Fire in Armenia-Azerbaijan Border
Guatemalan MPs Condemn Azerbaijan’s Military Operations Against Armenia
Armenia Ombudsman’s Office Prepares 2nd Interim Report on Azerbaijani Shelling of Tavush Settlements
U.S. Supreme Court Clears Way for Execution of Federal Prisoner
Aggression against Security of Civilian Population of Armenia will Receive Proportionate Response: MFA Spokesperson
Armenian Armed Forces Destroy Azerbaijani Military Bases that Shelled Civilian Settlements (video)
Azerbaijan Targets Civilian Infrastructures of Berd with Attacking Drone
UN Secretary General Urges Immediate end to the Fighting on Armenian-Azerbaijani Border
Armenia Records 32490 Confirmed Coronavirus Cases
Anouch Toraninan Elected Head of 15th Arrondissement of Paris
Ancient Armenian Church Surfaces from under Lake Van
Armenia’s Government Should Oppose Turkey Attempts to Take Over Armenian Properties in Jerusalem
Turkey Drew Up Plans to Invade Greece and Armenia: Jerusalem Post
Government Approves 22nd Anti-Crisis Program: Unemployed Citizens to Receive Lump-Sum Assistance at the Rate of the Minimum Wage
Armenian Woman is Elected Mayor of France’s Strasbourg
Comment by the Spokesperson of the MFA of Armenia Anna Naghdalyan on the Remarks of the President of Azerbaijan During the Opening on N Military Unit
The Authorities of the Republic of Artsakh Confirm Their Determination to Seek the Restoration of the Territorial Integrity of the Republic: Artsakh MFA
Armenia PM: Constitutional Court President will be Dismissed, Powers of CC Members will Terminate in a Few Hours
Kim Kardashian Calls on Her Millions of Followers to Support Small Businesses in Armenia
Wind: 16 km/h