New Act against Iran in US Congress
US Representatives Peter Roskam (R-IL) and Liz Cheney (R-WY) led a group of 20 republicans in introducing H.R. 4821, the Iran Freedom Policy and Sanctions Act to increase pressure on Iran for its human rights abuses, support for terrorism and ballistic missile program, and to strengthen the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action (JCPOA) by placing stringent restrictions on Iran’s nuclear program, fixing the deficiencies of the nuclear accord to permanently prevent Iran from obtaining a nuclear weapons capability, Peter Roskam informs.
"Congress has four months to fix the flaws of the JCPOA to permanently block Iran from obtaining nuclear weapons capability," said Representative Roskam.
"We’ve introduced the Iran Freedom Policy and Sanctions Act to achieve this goal and to hold Iran accountable for its rampant abuse of protestors, continuous support for terrorism and ongoing ballistic missile program advancements. In addition to ramping up crippling sanctions on Iran, this legislation strengthens the Iran nuclear deal by requiring Iran to adhere to stringent restrictions on its nuclear and ballistic missile programs or face the full brunt of U.S. sanctions snapback. We must ensure the world’s foremost state sponsor of terrorism cannot go nuclear."
- Iran President: Tehran hasn’t Closed Window on Talks with US He said Iran has no other option but to defy those who imposed sanctions on Tehran, “but we have not closed the window on talks.”
- Trump Tells Iran Return of Missing FBI Agent would be "Very Positive Step" “At the same time, upon information & belief, Iran is, & has been, enriching uranium. THAT WOULD BE A VERY BAD STEP!,” he said.
- Iran Restarts Uranium Enrichment at Fordow According to Behrouz Kamalvandi, Iran’s stockpile of enriched uranium, now around 500 kilograms, would increase by some 6 kilograms per day with the resumption of enrichment at Fordow.
- Netanyahu: Israel will Never Allow Iran to Build Nuclear Weapons "I repeat here once again: We will never let Iran develop nuclear weapons. This is not only for our security and our future; it’s for the future of the Middle East and the world,״ he added.
- Iranian President Announces Another Break from Nuclear Deal The centrifuges would be injected with the uranium gas as of Wednesday, Rouhani said.
- Trump to meet with Russian Foreign Minister Lavrov at White House The State Department had previously announced that Lavrov would travel to Washington this week for meetings with Pompeo to "discuss a broad range of regional and bilateral issues."
- Trump: The EU Is Treating the US Very Unfairly The situation over EU relations will become very difficult if the EU does not "shape up," said US President Donald Trump.
- Trump Nearly Forgot Melania by Getting into a Helicopter A video has emerged of the American president walking towards the helicopter himself, and just in the middle of the road stops to wait for his wife
- 9 Killed in South Dakota Plane Crash A Pilatus PC-12, a single-engine turboprop passenger plane, had as many as 12 people on board when it crashed shortly after takeoff about a mile from Chamberlain Municipal Airport,
- Member of The US Senate Requires to Impose Sanctions Against Turkey Member of the US Senate Democrat Chris van Hollen said that Turkey crossed the red line by starting testing the radars of the S-400 air defense systems acquired from Russia, he wrote about this on his...
- Trump and Netanyahu Discuss ‘Threat from Iran’ The two last spoke on November 19, when Netanyahu thanked the president for Washington’s decision to repudiate a State Department legal opinion that said West Bank settlements were illegal.
- Six More Countries Join Trump-Busting Iran Barter Group The system has not yet enabled any transactions.
- Iranian Foreign Minister Held Talks With a Taliban Delegation Iranian Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif held talks in Tehran with a Taliban delegation led by Mullah Abdul Ghani Baradar, one of the group's founders, the official IRNA news agency reported on Wednesday.
- Iran Says Pro-Government Rally to Show who 'Real' Iranians are After days of state-sponsored marches in dozens of cities to condemn the unrest, Iran is holding a pro-government rally in the capital to be addressed by the commander of the elite Revolutionary Guards,...
- Terror Sponsors Must Stop Blaming Iran for Their Problems: Foreign Ministry "The very countries that spawn and promote terrorism and extremism and have interfered in the internal affairs of others by violating the principle of good neighborliness, and [those who] have weakened...
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
Cher Reacts to Senate Armenian Genocide Resolution
EU Leaders Agree to Extend Sanctions Against Russia for 6 Months
"Disgraceful": Turkey Lambasts US Senate for Armenian Genocide Vote
Armenia’s PM to Depart to St. Petersburg Next Week
Armenian FM Calls US Senate Resolution 150 a Decisive Step in Serving Justice
His Holiness Garegin II Welcomes US Senate Passage of Armenian Genocide Recognition Resolution
US Senate’s Resolution is the Victory of Justice and Truth – PM Pashinyan
UN General Assembly Adopts World Chess Day Resolution Tabled by Armenia
Serj Tankian Thanked American Lawmakers
Roadways in RA are Mainly Passable
Congratulatory Message by Foreign Minister Zohrab Mnatsakanyan to the Newly Elected Armenian Patriarch of Constantinople
Angela Merkel is Named the World's Most Powerful Woman by Forbes
Full Text of US Senate’s Resolution Recognizing Armenian Genocide
US Senate Approves Armenian Genocide rResolution
Armenia and Belarus Investigative Committee Chairmen Met in Minsk
Armenian Army's General Staff Chief Leaves for Moscow
Armenia Will be Granted a 45.8mn Euro Loan
President Armen Sarkissian Hosts World-Famous Violinist Maxim Vengerov
Bako Sahakyan Met with Representatives of Parliamentary Parties
"You and Erdogan Brought ISIS": Cher Comments on Murder of Armenian Priest in Syria
Komitas Statue to Be Unveiled in Front of Istanbul’s Armenian Patriarchate
Artsakh Republic President Participated in the Opening Ceremony of the Library-Reading Hall of the "Matenadaran-Gandzasar" Scientific-Cultural Center
Revolution Turns into Ashes when the Given Promise Isn't Kept: Aram I Catholicos
Artsakh Republic President Held a Working Consultation with the Representatives of the Askeran Regional Administration and Community Heads
December 10: Artsakh People Voted for Independence
Impression is As if Authorities Want Quicker Settlement of Artsakh Issue to Live Freely: Vazgen Manukyan
Garo Paylan asked Turkish DM to Clarify Whether Turkish General Staff Has an Action Plan of Airstrikes against Armenia
Statement by MFA of Armenia Regarding the Statements by the President of Turkey on Armenian Genocide Made in the United States
Azerbaijan Violated the Ceasefire Regime on the Artsakh-Azerbaijan Border around 140 Times in One Week
Wind: 4 km/h