Denmark Is The Most Expensive EU Country
According to data collected by the agency, price levels for consumer goods and services differed widely across EU member countries in 2017, but Denmark, at 142 percent of the EU average, had the highest price levels.
Denmark was followed by Luxembourg (127 percent), Ireland and Sweden (both 125 percent), Finland (122 percent) and the United Kingdom (117 percent).
At the opposite end of the scale, the lowest price level was found in Bulgaria (48 percent), while Romania (52 percent) and Poland (56 percent) were just above 50 percent of the average.
That means that price levels for consumer goods and services in the EU varied by almost one to three between the cheapest and the most expensive member state.
It is also interesting to note that three non-EU countries that are part of the European Free Trade Association -- Switzerland, Norway and Iceland -- all have higher prices than Denmark.
- FT: Coronavirus Pandemic Threatens Livelihoods of 59m European Workers Under McKinsey’s pessimistic scenario, in which severe social distancing restrictions are maintained through the summer to contain the spread of the virus, EU unemployment could double to 11.2 per cent...
- Italy Coalition Agrees on New Budget, Expects EU Approval The European Commission rejected the Italian budget in October, saying it would not lower the country’s huge debt and declaring it in clear breach of EU fiscal rules. Rome submitted a revised plan last...
- EU Shoots Down Italy's Budget Plans, Again The Commission confirmed its assessment that "Italy's draft budget plan is in particularly serious non-compliance" with EU debt rules, Commission Vice President Valdis Dombrovskis said in Brussels.
- Eurozone Growth Exceeds Expectations For the past 12 months, the growth rate was 2.5%.
- France Engineers to Build Metal Bridges in Armenia The ways for potential cooperation and several other matters of bilateral interest also were discussed.
Turkey Informs About Composition of Turkish-Russian ceasefire Monitoring Center in Karabakh
Putin Discussed the Outcome of the Karabakh Trilateral Summit with Permanent Members of Russia's Security Council
Governor of Shirak Tigran Petrosyan Tenders Resignation
The Armenian Cultural Heritage in the Territories under the Azerbaijani Control is Seriously Endangered: MFA
More than 100 Individuals Arrested for Capitol Hill Riots, Says FBI
North Korea Unveils New Submarine-Launched Missile
Hrant Dink Commemoration Events to be Held Online this Year
Russian Peacekeepers in Karabakh Begin Coronavirus Vaccination
Armenia Records 163972 Confirmed Coronavirus Cases
Some Roads are Closed in Armenia
Russian Foreign Ministry Informs US, French Ambassadors About Putin-Pashinyan-Aliyev Meeting
Iran Fires Cruise Missiles during Naval Drill
Turkey Says Turning Back on S-400s 'Problematic'
Iranian Champion Dedicates his Gold Medal to the Family of Armenian Athlete Killed in the Artsakh War
No Search Operations Planned in Artsakh at the Request of Azerbaijan
Feast of the Birth of St. John the Forerunner (Baptist)
Trump again Urges "No Violence" Following Historic 2nd Impeachment
Information Provided by Armenian POWs in Azerbaijan can’t Serve as Base for Prosecution against Them
Armenia Records 163576 Confirmed Coronavirus Cases
US House of Representatives Impeaches Trump
Pilgrimage to Armenian St. Thaddeus Monastery in Iran Inscribed on UNESCO Intangible Cultural Heritage List
Lavrov: No Provocations Against Russian Peacekeepers in Nagorno-Karabakh
Azerbaijan President's Statement Contradicts point 8 of Statement Signed on November 9, 2020: Arman Tatoyan
Artsakh Authorities Find More Bodies of Fallen Troops in Ongoing Search Operations
Artsakh Security Chief: We Could Have Avoided the War
Colorado Identifies First Known Case of UK Coronavirus Variant in US
Armenia to Import 2,250 Goods from Iran Instead of Turkey
Bodies of 1,111 Fallen Armenian Soldiers Retrieved So Far: Artsakh Emergency Service
Let's Believe that 2021 Will Restore Our Lost Dignity
Armenian, Azerbaijani Intelligence Chiefs Discuss PoW Exchange at Moscow-Mediated Meeting
Wind: 12 km/h