Denmark Is The Most Expensive EU Country
According to data collected by the agency, price levels for consumer goods and services differed widely across EU member countries in 2017, but Denmark, at 142 percent of the EU average, had the highest price levels.
Denmark was followed by Luxembourg (127 percent), Ireland and Sweden (both 125 percent), Finland (122 percent) and the United Kingdom (117 percent).
At the opposite end of the scale, the lowest price level was found in Bulgaria (48 percent), while Romania (52 percent) and Poland (56 percent) were just above 50 percent of the average.
That means that price levels for consumer goods and services in the EU varied by almost one to three between the cheapest and the most expensive member state.
It is also interesting to note that three non-EU countries that are part of the European Free Trade Association -- Switzerland, Norway and Iceland -- all have higher prices than Denmark.
- Eurozone Growth Exceeds Expectations For the past 12 months, the growth rate was 2.5%.
- France Engineers to Build Metal Bridges in Armenia The ways for potential cooperation and several other matters of bilateral interest also were discussed.
- The Fifth-Largest British Airline Stopped Flights At present, there are an estimated 110,000 Monarch customers that are currently abroad. The UK Government has asked the CAA to coordinate flights back to the UK for all Monarch customers currently overseas....
- What Is the EU's Special Attitude Towards Ukraine Conditioned By? Before the Association Agreement enters into force, the European Union set trade preferences for Ukraine for a three-year term on certain agricultural products. The quota limit for trade preferences was...
- EFTA Countries Are the Most Expensive in Europe Switzerland together with Norway and Denmark had the highest price levels for food and non-alcoholic beverages in Europe. Macedonia, Poland and Romania had the lowest prices.
Kofi Annan, Former UN Secretary General, Dies
Yerevan City Council Early Elections to be Held on September 23
Artsakh Republic President Met with the General Staff of the Republic of Armenia Armed Forces
Trump: US Will Pay Nothing for Pastor
Turkey Arrests Another German Citizen
Angela Merkel to Visit Armenia Next Week
Guinea Citizen Ilegally Crossed Armenia-Turkey Border
"Armenian Velvet Revolution" Book Released
Turkey's Biggest Mobile Phone Importing Companies Cancel their Phone Orders
Government Creates Favorable Conditions for Doing Business and Making Profits – PM Pashinyan
Nikol Pashinyan: "Over the past 100 days, we have solved the key problem: we have ensured the country’s normal functioning and economic development"
Armenian PM, Russia President Talk on Phone
Turkey Intends to Establish Close Ties with EU
Trump Says His Tariffs will Rescue US Industry
Main Side of the Conflict Cannot be Withdrawn or Put Aside from Negotiation Table – Artsakh Parliament Speaker
Dollar Drops in Armenia
At Least 25 Killed in Suicide Blast in Kabul
Turkish Court Releases Local Chair of Amnesty International
Information of the Artsakh Republic State Commission on Prisoners of War, Hostages and Missing Persons
President Sahakyan Visited the Town of Martouni
New Wave of Hysteria Raised in Azerbaijan Due to the Possible Visit of Russian Singer with Armenian Surname
Artsakh Republic President Sahakyan, Minister Minasyan Discuss Economic Cooperation Between Artsakh and Armenia
Robert Kocharyan Released: Court of Appeals Approves Attorneys’ Appeal
Israel: All the Citizens are Equal, but Jews are More Than Equal
Armenia PM: Every Penny Stolen from People Will be Returned
"We are Gure to Gain a Victory in our Common Mission" – Nikol Pashinyan Attends Event Dedicated to Armenian General Athletic Union Centenary
Greens Call for New Zealand's Parliament to Recognise Armenian Genocide
Foreign Minister of South Ossetia Congratulated on the 25th Anniversary of the Establishment of the MFA of the Republic of Artsakh
Artsakh MFA Received Congratulatory Message from Abkhazia MFA on the 25th Anniversary of the Establishment
Foreign Minister of Artsakh Received Coordinator of the "Congress of Refugees from the Azerbaijani SSR" NGO
Wind: 35.40 km/h