FT: Coronavirus Pandemic Threatens Livelihoods of 59m European Workers
Up to 59m jobs in Europe are at risk because of the economic shutdown from coronavirus, according to a report that lays bare the potential threat of lasting damage to European labour markets and economic growth.
Analysts at McKinsey, the consultancy, estimate that more than a quarter of all private sector employment in the EU and UK could be affected, FT reports.
Under McKinsey’s pessimistic scenario, in which severe social distancing restrictions are maintained through the summer to contain the spread of the virus, EU unemployment could double to 11.2 per cent by next year and would be unlikely to return to pre-crisis levels until 2024.
- Italy Coalition Agrees on New Budget, Expects EU Approval The European Commission rejected the Italian budget in October, saying it would not lower the country’s huge debt and declaring it in clear breach of EU fiscal rules. Rome submitted a revised plan last...
- EU Shoots Down Italy's Budget Plans, Again The Commission confirmed its assessment that "Italy's draft budget plan is in particularly serious non-compliance" with EU debt rules, Commission Vice President Valdis Dombrovskis said in Brussels.
- Denmark Is The Most Expensive EU Country Denmark was followed by Luxembourg (127 percent), Ireland and Sweden (both 125 percent), Finland (122 percent) and the United Kingdom (117 percent).
- Eurozone Growth Exceeds Expectations For the past 12 months, the growth rate was 2.5%.
- France Engineers to Build Metal Bridges in Armenia The ways for potential cooperation and several other matters of bilateral interest also were discussed.
Armenia Records 230339 Confirmed Coronavirus Cases
US Congresswoman Urges Azerbaijan to Immediately Withdraw from Armenian Territories and Stop Violence
Azerbaijani Forces Fire on Armenian Positions in Yeraskh Section of Armenian-Azerbaijani Border
Armenia Records 230110 Confirmed Coronavirus Cases
It is Obvious from this Picture that People are Under the Direct Target of the Azerbaijanis: Tatoyan
Comment of the Foreign Ministry on the Statement of the OSCE Minsk Group Co-Chairs
European Parliament Rapporteurs Condemn Azerbaijan’s Provocative Actions
Greek Foreign Minister: The Days of the Ottoman Empire are Over
"We Need to Avoid this Continuing Cycle of Conflict": PACE Rapporteur Concerned over Situation on Armenian-Azeri Border
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
Moscow Concerned by Recent Armed Incidents on Armenia-Azerbaijan Border
Azerbaijan Undertakes Another Provocation on Border in the Direction of Nakhichevan
Armenia Downs Azerbaijani Aerostar Drone
Armenia Records 229867 Confirmed Coronavirus Cases
OSCE Chairperson-in-Office Concerned Over Repeated Incidents Along Armenia-Azerbaijan Border
Armenia's Air Defense Forces Prevent Infiltration of Azeri UAVs into Armenia's Airspace: Armenia MOD
Armenia Acting FM Holds Phone Talks with EU Special Representative
The Co-Chairs Call Upon Armenia and Azerbaijan to De-Escalate the Situation Immediately
Iran Ready to Help Restore Peace between Azerbaijan, Armenia
Nikol Pashinyan Refers to Armenia-Azerbaijan Border Situation
Nikol Pashinyan Receives Deputy Chief of RF Armed Forces General Staff Sergey Istrakov
Assistance in Future Solution to Nagorno-Karabakh Issue in South Caucasus Is Required: Lukashevich
Armenia Funeral Commission Set Up in Connection with Djivan Gasparyan's Passing
ECtHR Issues Badalyan v. Azerbaijan Case Decision, Confirms Torture and Illegal Imprisonment
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
Statement of the MFA of the Republic of Armenia
US Left Afghan Airfield at Night, didn’t Tell New Commander
EU to Allocate over €1.5bn to Armenia for Five Programs
Communication Lost with a Serviceman and Driver on Duty– Armenia MOD
Armenia to Send Observation Mission for Russia’s State Duma Elections