FT: Coronavirus Pandemic Threatens Livelihoods of 59m European Workers
Up to 59m jobs in Europe are at risk because of the economic shutdown from coronavirus, according to a report that lays bare the potential threat of lasting damage to European labour markets and economic growth.
Analysts at McKinsey, the consultancy, estimate that more than a quarter of all private sector employment in the EU and UK could be affected, FT reports.
Under McKinsey’s pessimistic scenario, in which severe social distancing restrictions are maintained through the summer to contain the spread of the virus, EU unemployment could double to 11.2 per cent by next year and would be unlikely to return to pre-crisis levels until 2024.
- Italy Coalition Agrees on New Budget, Expects EU Approval The European Commission rejected the Italian budget in October, saying it would not lower the country’s huge debt and declaring it in clear breach of EU fiscal rules. Rome submitted a revised plan last...
- EU Shoots Down Italy's Budget Plans, Again The Commission confirmed its assessment that "Italy's draft budget plan is in particularly serious non-compliance" with EU debt rules, Commission Vice President Valdis Dombrovskis said in Brussels.
- Denmark Is The Most Expensive EU Country Denmark was followed by Luxembourg (127 percent), Ireland and Sweden (both 125 percent), Finland (122 percent) and the United Kingdom (117 percent).
- Eurozone Growth Exceeds Expectations For the past 12 months, the growth rate was 2.5%.
- France Engineers to Build Metal Bridges in Armenia The ways for potential cooperation and several other matters of bilateral interest also were discussed.
Anouch Toraninan Elected Head of 15th Arrondissement of Paris
Lithuanian President’s Wife Sends Gifts to Armenian Children Infected with Covid-19 (VIDEO)
Su-30SM Fighter Jets Destroyed All Air Targets: Pashinyan (video)
Ararat Mirzoyan Held Telephone Conversation with Chairman of Russian State Duma
Artsakh President Convoked a Consultation on the Defense Army Officers' Housing Issues
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
Ararat Mirzoyan Has a Telephone Talk with Speaker of RF FA Council Federation Valentina Matviyenko
President Sarkissian Sent a Congratulatory Message to Alexander Lukashenko on the Occasion of the Independence Day of Belarus
RA NA Representative at Constitutional Court Presents a Motion to CC
Armen Sarkissian Congratulated the Author and Publicist Razmik Davoyan on the Occasion of his 80th Birth Anniversary
France's Macron Appoints New Prime Minister After Government Resigns
EU Foreign Ministers to Discuss Hong Kong at Next Meeting
Nikol Pashinyan Congratulates Alexander Lukashenko on Belarus Independence Day
Communication With Public is One of Key Challenges for Armenia Authorities, Says USAID Official
Third President of the Republic of Armenia Serzh Sargsyan Congratulates Poet Razmik Davoyan on 80th Birth Anniversary
ECB Welcomes Initiative to Launch new European Payment Solution
French PM Philippe Resigns
Armenia Records 27320 Confirmed Coronavirus Cases
President of Artsakh Approved Decisions of the Government
PM Nikol Pashinyan’s Congratulatory Message to Vladimir Putin
Karen Bekaryan: Nikol Pashinyan Has Forgotten that His Mission Is to Represent and Advocate the Interests of His Country
''Nasty Armenian'': Turkish Singer Sued for Insulting Armenians in a Post Addressed to Kim Kardashian
Reddit Cofounder Alexis Ohanian Resigns from Board, Urges Seat Be Filled by Black Candidate
Armenia’s Government Should Oppose Turkey Attempts to Take Over Armenian Properties in Jerusalem
Greek Defence Minister: Turkey’s Behaviour is Aggressive But Our Powerful Armed Forces is a Deterrent
Government Approves 22nd Anti-Crisis Program: Unemployed Citizens to Receive Lump-Sum Assistance at the Rate of the Minimum Wage
Turkey Drew Up Plans to Invade Greece and Armenia: Jerusalem Post
ANCA Calls for Robust US Funding for Artsakh
Comment by the Spokesperson of the MFA of Armenia Anna Naghdalyan on the Remarks of the President of Azerbaijan During the Opening on N Military Unit
Comment by the Foreign Ministry Spokesperson Anna Naghdalyan Regarding Bellicose Statements of Various Circles of Azerbaijani Authorities
Wind: 8 km/h