Turkey, US Reach Preliminary Agreement on Sanctions Crisis
Turkey and the United States have reached a preliminary agreement after the crisis over the arrest of Pastor Andrew Brunson that lead to sanctions, diplomatic sources said.
According to sources speaking to daily Hürriyet, the agreement covers "certain subjects" and a Turkish delegation is scheduled to visit Washington DC in the coming days to "finalize the details."
Brunson, who led a Protestant church in the Aegean city of İzmir, is at the center of one of the most serious crises in relations between the NATO allies in years.
- EU Agrees Sanctions Against Turkey for Drilling off Cyprus The EU last month warned Turkey it could face sanctions if it did not cease what the bloc called "illegal" drilling in Cyprus's exclusive economic zone.
- Trump Aides Pick Sanctions to Punish Turkey for Russian Missiles The administration chose one of three sets of actions
- First Shipment of Russian S-400 Systems Delivered to Turkey "The delivery of parts belonging to the system will continue in the coming days," Turkey's defence industry directorate said separately.
- US Urges Turkey to Stop Oil Drilling Off Cyprus There has been no comment so far from Turkey which sent a drilling ship to the Mediterranean off Cyprus Monday, sparking a protest by the Greek Cypriots.
- Turkey Stockpiles Crucial Weapons Parts, Anticipating U.S. Sanctions It’s unclear when the stockpiling decision was first taken, but Turkish officials say the preparations were made in anticipation of possible U.S. embargoes.
Artsakh President Chairs Government’s Meeting
The Conclusions Adopted by the EU Will In No Way Affect Turkey's Determination to Continue Its Hydrocarbon Activities in the Eastern Mediterranean: Turkish MFA
Pakistan Reopens Airspace Months After India Standoff
Assange will not Be Extradited to Any Country with Death Penalty
EU Agrees Sanctions Against Turkey for Drilling off Cyprus
Minister of Justice Rustam Badasyan Sworn in at Presidential Palace
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
President Sarkissian Visited the Megerian Carpet Company
ICE Launches Small-Scale Immigration Raids in Some US Cities
China Says will Cut Ties with US Firms Selling Arms to Taiwan
Boris Johnson to Seek Trump Trade Deal in First Move as Leader
Floods and Landslides Kill at Least 88 People in Nepal and India
Government Discusses Armenia State Interest Fund’s Activities
President Sarkissian Congratulated Emmanuel Macron on the Occasion of National Holiday
France: Riot Police Use Teargas to Disperse Bastille Day Protesters
Leaked U.K. Memo Says Trump Axed Iran Deal To Spite Obama
Short Rain, Thunderstorm Forecast in Armenia
Nikol Pashinyan congratulates French Premier Édouard Philippe on French National Day
Nikol Pashinyan extends congratulations to Emmanuel Macron on the National Holiday of the French Republic
Trump Aides Pick Sanctions to Punish Turkey for Russian Missiles
"Any Armenian Living Outside the Homeland Should Realize That Their Ultimate Goal is to Return to Armenia": Nikol Pashinyan (PHOTOS)
Nikol Pashinyan Conveys Sense of Realizing Mistake of Interfering With Law Enforcement
INSIGHT From Yerevan: Armenia-EU Relationships
RA-EU Partnership Road-Map Hardly Overlaps EEU Regulations
Magnifier: Office of High Commissioner on Diaspora
Washington Meetings Not to Yield Serious Results?
PM Nikol Pashinyan, Mrs. Anna Hakobyan Arrive in Singapore on Official Visit; They Met with Local and Neighboring Countries’ Armenian Communities
Armenia Won't Go to Unilateral Concessions which Endanger Artsakh’s Security and Right to Self-Determination
Charles Aznavour's Love Letters to Be Put Up for Auction
For Who the Ministry of Diaspora was Abolished
Wind: 8 km/h