U.S. Imposes Sanctions on Russia for Nerve Agent Attack in UK
Washington said on Wednesday it would impose fresh sanctions on Russia by the end of August after it determined that Moscow had used a nerve agent against a former Russian agent and his daughter in Britain, Reuters reports.
A senior State Department official said it had notified the Kremlin of the sanctions earlier in the day.
Sergei Skripal, a former colonel in Russia’s GRU military intelligence service, and his 33-year-old daughter, Yulia, were found slumped unconscious on a bench in the southern English city of Salisbury in March after a liquid form of the Novichok type of nerve agent was applied to his home’s front door.
- The Deep Chill in U.S.-Russian Relations is Stirring Concern The deep chill in U.S.-Russian relations is stirring concern in some quarters that Washington and Moscow are in danger of stumbling into an armed confrontation that, by mistake or miscalculation, could...
- Erdogan: Russian S-400S Delivery May Be Brought Forward President Tayyip Erdogan said the delivery of Russian S-400 missile defence systems may be brought forward from July, the Sabah newspaper reported on Wednesday, sticking to a purchase which has put Turkey...
- "Following Muller Report, US to Allegedly Fix Ties With Russia," Suren Sargsyan (EXCLUSIVE) Muller probe findings regarding Russian trace in 2016 US presidential elections have been released: no evidence of Russian engagement. ”Armedia” IAA talked to Suren Sargsyan, expert of international...
- Serbia Arrests Man Plotting to Assassinate Putin Serbian authorities have reportedly arrested a man suspected of planning to assassinate Russian President Vladimir Putin during his visit to the country later this week
- Russia Ready for Constructive Dialogue with New Armenian Parliament, Government: Maria Zakharova Russia is set for constructive dialogue with the new RA parliament and government after the early parliamentary election in Armenia.
Yezidis Across the World Celebrate New Year: Interview With Hasan Tamoyan, Representative of the Armenian Yezidi Community (Exclusive)
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
PM Holds Phone Conversation With Aram I, Catholicos of the Great House of Cilicia
Will Rightists Take the Lead in New Europe?
Facebook Bans UK Far-Right Groups
Armenian Dolls - at the Delhi Dolls Museum
Armenia Improves Press Freedom Rank by 19 points
Notre Dame to Reopen in Less than 5 Years: French Culture Minister
Anna Hakobyan Met With Outstanding Representatives of the Armenian Community in New York
New York Police Arrest Man With Petrol in St Patrick's Cathedral
Iraq Muslim Leader Calls on Turkey to Apologize for Genocide
Death Toll Tops 200 in Battle For Libya's Tripoli
Gunmen Kill 14 After Kidnapping Them in Pakistan
North Korea Rejects Pompeo from Nuclear Dialogue
President of Artsakh Receives Delegation Led by Chairman of Pan-Armenian Games' World Committee
France Invites Designers to Submit Plans to Rebuild Notre Dame Spire
Turkish Opposition Candidate Declared Winner of Disputed Istanbul Vote
Former Peru President Killed Himself Before Arrest
7 year-old Armenian Girl to Represent Russia in Turkey
My Family Was Always Proud of its Armenian Heritage: James Bagian - The Only Armenian in the World, who Has Traveled into Space (EXCLUSIVE)
Alexander Mantashev: the Wealthiest Armenian in Russian Tzardom
Sarkis Torossian, Armenian Hero of Gallipoli Campaign
Eurovision 2019 to Be Canceled?
Sir Khachik Paul Chater, Father of Hong Kong
More Than 70 American Lawmakers Seek US Official Recognition of Armenian Genocide with New Resolution
Assyrian New Year Stands For Nature Revival And Fertility: Interview With Arsen Mikhailov (EXCLUSIVE)
It is Not Artsakh Issue, It is All-Armenian Issue: Artsakh Republic National Assembly MP Vardges Baghryan (EXCLUSIVE)
In Case of Attempts by Azerbaijan to Resolve the Conflict by Force, Artsakh has Every Right to Protect its Freedom and Independence. Artsakh's MFA
Joint Statement by the Foreign Ministers of Armenia and Azerbaijan and the Co-Chairs of the OSCE Minsk Group
Wind: 6 km/h