The Il-20 aircraft has been downed by Syrian military forces after Israel jets put it under attack off the Syrian coast, Russian Defense Ministry spokesman Maj. Gen. Igor Konashenkov stated. According to the spokesman, the Israeli jets deliberately created a dangerous situation in Latakia. He stressed that Israel's aviation control systems could not but notice the Russian aircraft as it was landing.
Russian MoD Blames Israel for Attack Which Led to Downing of Il-20 by Syria
The Russian Defense Ministry held a press conference to discuss the destruction of a Russian military aircraft with people on board off the coast of Syria, which happened at the same time that Israeli and French forces were mounting aerial attacks on targets in Syria, sputniknews reports.
Israel's Embassy in Moscow has refused to comment on Russian Military's statement on Il-20 crash.
Earlier in the day, French military Colonel Patrik Steiger said that Paris denied "any involvement in the incident."
- Russia Bombed Militant Behind Attack On Syria's Aleppo The Russian Defence Ministry said on Sunday its warplanes had carried out air strikes against militants it held responsible for firing shells filled with chlorine gas at the city of Aleppo
- U.S. Setting up "Observation Posts'' along Turkey-Syria Border “Turkey, a NATO ally, has legitimate concerns about terrorist threats and from where they’re emanating,” Mattis said Wednesday. “We don’t dismiss any of their concerns.”
- Turkey Thankful to Putin for Supporting Memorandum on Syria's Idlib — Mevlut Cavusoglu Turkey is thankful to Russian President Vladimir Putin for supporting the Sochi memorandum on Syria's Idlib which allowed to prevent another humanitarian catastrophe in the Arab country, Turkish Foreign...
- Turkey Launches New Military Operation In Syria Turkey is ready to launch a new military operation against "terrorist groups" east of the Euphrates River, Turkish President Tayyip Erdogan said on Tuesday,
- Merkel Asked to Putin Question in Russian German Chancellor Angela Merkel has asked Russian President Vladimir Putin a question in Russian. It was about his coat, RT reported.
Pashinyan: Peaceful Resolution of the Karabakh Conflict Remains Top Priority for Armenia
The Air Temperature In The Daytime Will Go Down
Nikol Pashinyan Extends Condolences to Emmanuel Macron
Russia Expects Resumption of Negotiations for NK Conflict Settlement after Formation of Cabinet in Armenia
Artsakh President Introduces New Defense Minister to Supreme Command Staff of Defense Army
Levon Mnatsakanyan is Released from the Position of the Artsakh Republic Defense Minister
Donald Trump is a Serial Re-Gifter of Christmas Presents
Brexit: EU Says no to May on Renegotiating Deal
Some Roads in Armenia are Difficult to Pass: Vardenyats Pass is closed
Arsenal-Qarabag: A Pitch Invader Infuriated Qarabag Players
U.S. Senate Committee on Foreign Relations Approves Nomination of Lynne Tracy as U.S. Ambassador to Armenia
Lavrov: "Russia Wants Fair and Mutually Acceptable Settlement of NK Conflict"
Presentation of the New Official Website of the Foreign Ministry of Artsakh and a Film About Artsakh (VIDEO)
The Air Temperature In The Daytime Will Go Down
Erdogan: Turkey Starts Building Land Part of Turkish Stream Pipeline
Lebanese Prime Minister Congratulated Nikol Pashinyan On His Victory
New Anti-Russia Sanctions to Complicate Talks on Kerch Strait Crisis - German Foreign Minister
Theresa May Has Won A Vote Of Confidence
Police Issue Statement on US Embassy Statement, which Urged American Citizens to Be Vigilant when Visiting Armenia
Artsakh President and Armenian PM Held Meeting in Yerevan
MFA of Artsakh: John Bolton’s Expectations For The Azerbaijan-Karabakh Conflict Settlement Are Not Realistic
President of Artsakh Met co-Chairs of Coordinating Council of Armenian Organizations of France in Paris
Nikol Pashinyan Visited Meguerian Carpet Company and had Working Dinner with Harvard University Graduates (photos)
Armen Sargsyan: "My grandmother Fleeing from the Genocide Took the Most Precious Things – Her Son and the Bible"
Armenia Ombudsman Prepares Special Report on Shooting towards Armenian Border Villages by Azerbaijani Side
Artsakh's President Visited the Phonethon Center Organized in Paris by the "Hayastan" All-Armenian Fund
Armenian President, Italian Global Leading Aerospace, Defense Company CEO Discuss Opportunities for Cooperation
Nikol Pashinyan Made a Donation to Hayastan All-Armenian Fund and Addressed the Nation in a Live Broadcast
Nikol Pashinyan Hands State Prize for Global IT Contribution to James Truchard, Co-Founder and President of National Instruments
President of the Italian National Research Council is Greatly Interested in President Sarkissian’s Theory of Quant Approach to Global Risks
Wind: 6.44 km/h