Brexit: UK "May Consider Longer Transition Period'
Brexit-backing MPs have reacted angrily to the idea that the UK's transition out of the EU could be extended for another year, to the end of 2021, BBC reports.
No. 10 refused to rule out an extension after a summit of EU leaders in Brussels failed to make progress.
The move could buy the two sides more time to come up with a solution to the problem of the Irish border.
But the UK would have to pay billions more into the EU's budget and follow its rules for even longer.
Theresa May addressed her 27 European counterparts on Wednesday evening, urging them to give ground and end the current Brexit deadlock.
However, they said it was up to her to offer new ideas, and declared that insufficient progress had been made to call a special summit next month to draft a withdrawal deal.
Both sides did, though, agree to keep talking.
- Spain Demands Greater “Clarity” on Gibraltar in Brexit Deal Arriving for Brexit talks with EU ministers, Borrell said Madrid wanted the deal on Britain’s exit to make clear that talks on ties between London and the bloc will not apply to Gibraltar.
- EU Ministers Agree Terms of "Painful' Brexit Divorce Britain will leave the Union on March 29 next year, but remain within its single market for a further 21 months as negotiators seek a deal to avoid a potential breakdown in trade between the key economic...
- British Brexit Secretary Resignes British Brexit Secretary Dominic Raab resigned on Thursday thrusting Prime Minister Theresa May’s government into turmoil after she clinched a Brexit deal that was mauled by opponents, allies and mutinous...
- Cabinet Approval for Brexit Plan is Secured: Theresa May UK Prime Minister Theresa May late in the evening of 14 November revealed she had secured the backing of her senior MPs for the draft Brexit deal she agreed with Brussels,
- Draft Brexit Deal Reached between UK and EU Downing Street has confirmed that a draft Brexit agreement has been reached between the UK and European Union.
Interpol Elects South Korean as its President
"Done Deal": Turkish FM Says Purchase of Russian S-400 Cannot Be Cancelled
Trump Says Breaking with Saudi Arabia would Send Oil Prices "Through the Roof"
Artsakh President Partook at the Annual Gala Party of the "Telethon 2018"
US Suspends Financial Aid to Pakistan
Armenian Man Struck and Killed by Taxiing Boeing 737 in Moscow Airport
Nikol Pashinyan Receives CRONIMET Mining AG Board Chairman Günter Pilarsky
People's Right and Security are Priorities for NK Conflict Settlement – Acting FM Meets with CoE Commissioner for Human Rights
NKR President Bako Sahakyan Visits North America Western Prelacy of the Great House of Cilicia
Presentation of Three-Year-Old St. Mary to the Church
Demonstrations in Paris: French People Don't Want to Pay for 'Making the Planet Bigger Again'
Koreas to Connect Cross-Border Road this Week for Excavation of War Remains
EU Won't Become Military Alliance - Mogherini on European Army
Ambassador of Latvia Presented Her Credentials
Pashinyan: The Armenian People Are more Informed on Karabakh Conflict than Ever
I Consider Russia’s Position on the Issue Highly Constructive - Pashinyan
Pentagon, US Congress Seek Alternatives to Russia's S-400 for Turkey
Pashinyan Wearing Armenian Tricolor Tie
EU Countries Expand Military Cooperation
Judge Blocks Trump Order on asylum Restrictions
Azerbaijan Wants to Return Askerov and Guliyev to Make them Heroes as it Happened with Safarov - Babayan
A Snake Slithering out of Israel's Western Wall is Being Regarded as a Third Sign that the End of the World is Nigh
Nikol Pashinyan: "We are a Country That has its Unique Place on the Global Map of Information Technology"
President of Artsakh Holds Working Consultation with Chairmen of Parliamentary Standing Committees and Heads of Factions
Genadi Tavaratsyan Has Been Appointed As Head of the National Defense Research University of the Defense Ministry
We are Unable to Change History, but History is Well Able to Change us to Make Our Future Better: Nikol Pashinyan
President Anticipates Active Participation of the International Financial Institutions to the Implementation of Different Programs in our Country
Declaration of Friendship Signed between Shekher Community of Artsakh and Arnouville Community of France
Would-be Suicide Bomber Called 911 to Notify About Intentions Before Attempting to Enter Government HQ
Council of the City of Los Angeles Adopted Resolution on the Occasion of the 30th Anniversary of the Artsakh Liberation Movement
Wind: 8.05 km/h