Palestine Liberation Organization Votes to Suspend Recognition of State of Israel
The Palestine Liberation Organization's central council has announced that it is suspending its recognition of the state of Israel, Middle East Eye reports.
In the decision, announced after a meeting late Monday, the PLO said it will halt all its commitments to the "occupation authorities" until Israel recognises a Palestinian state within the 1967 borders with East Jerusalem as its capital.
That includes security cooperations and trade agreements reached between Israel and the Palestinian Authority.
While the central council's decisions are not binding, it advises the PA on future policy decisions. PA President Mahmoud Abbas was present at the meeting.
The council also explicitly rebuked the Donald Trump-led peace process and his "Deal of the Century" plan to end the conflict.
"The committee lauded the efforts of the president (Abbas) ... in continuing to reject the so-called Deal of the Century and confronting it with all available means to defeat it, as well as deeming the US administration a partner of the Israeli occupation government and a part of the problem, not the solution," the official Palestinian news agency Wafa reported.
- Trump Administration Preparing to Roll out Kushner’s Israeli-Palestinian "Peace Plan": Sources Potential causes for delay could include the upcoming holidays of Passover and Ramadan.
- Palestinian-Israeli Conflict: Why Is the Game Ruled by Israel? Tensions have flared up again in Gaza recently. Israel has blocked the border with Gaza and is deploying army. Earlier Israel, despite the ceasefire reached by the Egyptian mediation, struck the military...
- Eurovision 2019 to Be Canceled? The Eurovision song contest may be cancelled amid conflict escalation between Israel and Palestine. .
- Trump’s Decision Over Golan Heights May Create a Mess US president Donald Trump made his next controversial Twitter post, “After 52 years it is time for the United States to fully recognize Israel’s Sovereignty over the Golan Heights, which is of critical...
- Israel Strikes 100 Targets in Gaza in Response to Rockets Fired at Tel Aviv Shortly thereafter, alarms sounded again in Israel's south. The Israeli army said two rockets were launched from Gaza, one of them intercepted by Iron Dome. No injuries or damages were reported.
US Puts Up $10 Mln Reward For Hezbollah Information
Japan University Stops Hiring Smoking Professors
At Least 45 Children Killed in Sri Lanka Attacks
Bako Sahakyan attended the individual photo exhibition by Zaven Sargsyan
New Earthquake at 6.4 Magnitude Strikes Philippines
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
Kazakh Ruling Party Nominates Tokayev For Presidency
Iranian Parliament Labels Entire U.S. Military As Terrorist
French MP on Notre Dame de Paris Fire: How Can One Blame God For Fire? (Exclusive)
Sri Lanka Attacks "Retaliation For New Zealand Christchurch"
Islamic State Claims Responsibility for Sri Lanka Bombings
Bolton Urges Iran to Change Its Behavior
Allies of Erdogan Plan to Silence Armenian Genocide Protest in Washington
Iran Could Send Revolutionary Guards to Venezuela to Protect Maduro
Chamber of Deputies of Czech Republic Ratifies Armenia-EU CEPA
Ararat Mirzoyan Sends Condolence Message to Speaker of Parliament of Sri Lanka
Sri Lankan Law Enforcement Failed to Address Warnings of Radical Muslim Attacks on Christian Churches
Bako Sahakyan Attended a Presentation, Organized by the National Polytechnic University of Armenia
Security Officials Call Upon Tourists to Leave the Sinai
North Korea's Kim to Meet Putin in Russia
My Family Was Always Proud of its Armenian Heritage: James Bagian - The Only Armenian in the World, who Has Traveled into Space (EXCLUSIVE)
Who is Zahran Hashim, Alleged Mastermind of One of the Sri Lanka Attacks?
Sarkis Torossian, Armenian Hero of Gallipoli Campaign
Eurovision 2019 to Be Canceled?
Sir Khachik Paul Chater, Father of Hong Kong
More Than 70 American Lawmakers Seek US Official Recognition of Armenian Genocide with New Resolution
Armenian Community Has Been Deeply Moved by the Fire of Notre Dame Cathedral: Daniele Cazarian - French Deputy of Armenian Origin (EXCLUSIVE)
Assyrian New Year Stands For Nature Revival And Fertility: Interview With Arsen Mikhailov (EXCLUSIVE)
In Case of Attempts by Azerbaijan to Resolve the Conflict by Force, Artsakh has Every Right to Protect its Freedom and Independence. Artsakh's MFA
It is Not Artsakh Issue, It is All-Armenian Issue: Artsakh Republic National Assembly MP Vardges Baghryan (EXCLUSIVE)
Wind: 8 km/h