Armenia has most Politically Active Youth Segment in CIS
Representatives of the CIS Inter-Parliamentary Assembly (IPA) observer mission in Armenia have assessed the preparation works ahead of the general election as completely sufficient, Armenpress reports.
CIS IPA Secretary General Yuri Osipov, speaking to reporters after meeting Central Electoral Commission chairman Tigran Mukuchyan, said that although the campaigning time period was short, the recent Yerevan City Council election had given the chance to be familiarized with all political forces and candidates.
“I think that tomorrow the people of Armenia will make their choice,” he said.
Osipov said they will meet with political forces today.
“I believe that this quantity of political forces speaks about a democratic approach for the election. I have paid attention on the fact that here it is the young people who mostly [cheer] for the political parties. If we compare with other CIS countries, Armenia stands out with this,” he said, adding that this is very good, and that technologies and the internet give sufficient information to voters.
He stressed that it is impossible to compare the elections held ten years ago and the elections held now. “I believe that any young political force, candidate, that is participating in the election, is able to make efforts and show themselves and promote themselves in these elections,” he said.
- The Early Parliamentary Elections' Final Results Resumed Today Head of the Central Electoral Commission Tigran Mukuchyan resumed today the final results of the early parliamentary elections held on 09 December.
- Iran Welcomes Armenian Parliamentary Elections The result of such election will be sign of democratic changes in this neighboring country, he said.
- Georgian President Congratulates Pashinyan over Impressive Victory of "My step" Block in Elections The Georgian President wished success to Nikol Pashinyan in the reform implementation in Armenia, and hoped that the friendly relations between Armenia and Georgia will further deepen.
- Democratic Elections were Held in Armenia: PACE observer group Aleksander Pociej, Head of the delegation from the Parliamentary Assembly of the Council of Europe (PACE), said the 2018 peaceful, “velvet” revolution, in conjunction with the political will of the...
- President Sarkissian Addresses Nation on General Election At the same time, I would like to thank all parties and alliances which participated to the elections, as well as all citizens of Armenia who have expressed their position regarding the future of the country....
The OSCE Mission Conducted Monitoring on the Border of Artsakh and Azerbaijan
Erdogan Wants to Steal Part of Syrian Soil and Its Natural Resources, Assad Says
Pompeo: Trump 'Fully Prepared' to Take Military Action if Needed
Minsk Package of Measures has no Alternative for Ukraine Settlement, say Putin and Macron
Weather Forecast in Armenia
Pentagon Draws up Plans for Quick Afghanistan Withdrawal in Case Trump Blindsides Military
In Ancient Throne Ritual, Japanese Emperor Naruhito Vows to Fulfill Duty
Bolivia: Protests Mount as Electoral Body Says Evo Morales is Close to Victory
Justin Trudeau's Liberal Party Wins Canada's General Election
Croatia Ratifies EU-Armenia Agreement
RA Prime Minister, India Ambassador Discuss Issues of Economic Cooperation
PACE Urges Azerbaijan to Lift Restrictions on Peaceful Demonstrations
Armenian PM Sends Condolences to Russian President
European Championship: Monte Mkhitaryan Wins Small Gold Medal
Medvedev Says Foreign Investors not Losing Interest in Russia Despite Sanctions
Armenia's Delegation Led By Defense Minister Departs for China
OSCE Conference on Freedom of Media Due in Moscow With Support of Russian Foreign Ministry
Armenian President Sends Condolence Letter to Russian Counterpart
N. Pashinyan: We Have Substantial Drop in Unemployment Since 2nd Quarter of 2019
Armenian FM to Pay Working Visit to UK
I've Heard about Blood-Thirsty Turks since I Was 11: Cher Reminded about Armenian Genocide and Condemned Ankara’s Operations in Syria
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
Citizens of Syria, Lebanon and Iraq Allowed to Obtain Armenian Passports in Their Countries Till Dec. 31
Bako Sahakyan Receives Russia’s State Duma Member Konstantin Zatulin
ANCA thanks Kim Kardashian for raising Armenia's worldwide recognition
Kim Kardashian Baptized in Armenia's Etchmiadzin: Christian Name Heghine
''California Demands Justice for the Murder of 1.5 million Armenians'': California Governor Signs Divestment from Turkish Bonds Act Into Law
Armenia’s PM Condemns Distortion of History by Azerbaijani President, Describes it As Disrespect Toward Armenia and Heads of CIS Countries
Military Rank of Lieutenant-General Conferred to the Artsakh Defense Minister, Commander of the Defense Army
Comment by Foreign Ministry Spokesperson on Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev's Speech at Valdai Discussion Club
Wind: 6 km/h