Democratic Elections were Held in Armenia: PACE observer group
Aleksander Pociej, Head of the delegation from the Parliamentary Assembly of the Council of Europe (PACE), said the 2018 peaceful, “velvet” revolution, in conjunction with the political will of the current authorities, enabled the holding of democratic elections in Armenia, Armenpress reported.
“Despite the complex electoral system and reported instances of intimidation via social media, the recurring electoral irregularities which tainted many elections in the past were absent. It is up to Armenia’s elected representatives to launch legal reforms to consolidate the democratic process in the country”, Pociej mentioned.
The final report on elections will be presented at PACE January session in Strasbourg.
- The Early Parliamentary Elections' Final Results Resumed Today Head of the Central Electoral Commission Tigran Mukuchyan resumed today the final results of the early parliamentary elections held on 09 December.
- Iran Welcomes Armenian Parliamentary Elections The result of such election will be sign of democratic changes in this neighboring country, he said.
- Georgian President Congratulates Pashinyan over Impressive Victory of "My step" Block in Elections The Georgian President wished success to Nikol Pashinyan in the reform implementation in Armenia, and hoped that the friendly relations between Armenia and Georgia will further deepen.
- President Sarkissian Addresses Nation on General Election At the same time, I would like to thank all parties and alliances which participated to the elections, as well as all citizens of Armenia who have expressed their position regarding the future of the country....
- Turnout in Parliamentary Polls in Armenia Stands at 48,63% - CEC According to the CEC chairman, 1,260,840 voters out of total 2, 592 481 eligible voters took part in the polls - around 12% lower than the turnout recorded during the previous parliamentary elections
Armenian, Artsakh FMs Discuss NK Conflict Settlement
Armen Sarkissian Plans to Meet with the Chief of the General Staff of the RA Armed Forces Onik Gasparyan
Foreign Ministry of Artsakh Sent a Memorandum to International Organizations on the Occasion of the Visit of the Azerbaijani President to the Occupied Territories of the Republic of Artsakh
Armenia’s NA Council Session Does not Take Place After Speaker Fails to Come and Open it – Edmon Marukyan
Armenia Records 171510 Confirmed Coronavirus Cases
Some Roads are Closed and Difficult to Pass in Armenia
UN Expresses Concern over Events in Armenia and Calls on Parties to Restrain
France Embassy in Armenia Issues Statement
Armenia MOD: Information does not Correspond to Reality
US has not Yet Decided Whether to Consider Events in Armenia a Coup Attempt
OSCE Chairperson-in-Office on Developments in Armenia
A Wider Alliance Should Be Formed to Oppose Erdogan's Aggressive Policy
US Embassy Urges to Resolve Political Situation in Armenia Through Dialogue
Power's Issue Will Be Decided in Parliament, Opposition Headquarters Will Be Located Here: Vazgen Manukyan
Russia Peacekeepers in Artsakh Help Resume Operation of Lachin Hydroelectric Power Plant
Armenia Army Demands Resignation of PM Pashinyan, Government
Aliyev’s ‘Fake’ Totally Disclosed Now – Karen Bekaryan (Tert.am)
Aurora Prize Selection Committee Member Bernard Kouchner Visits Armenia and Artsakh
Armenia Records 171227 Confirmed Coronavirus Cases
Stepantsminda-Larsi Highway is Closed
US Condemns Demolition of Armenian Church in Turkey
4 More Bodies of Fallen Servicemen Found During Search Operations, Artsakh Authorities Say
Artsakh: Search Օperation not to Be Conducted Today Due to Weather Conditions
3,577 Bodies Passed Forensic Examination, DNA Analysis of Other 428 in Process
Russia to Resume Air Service with Azerbaijan, Armenia Starting February 15
US Troop Withdrawal from Germany ‘Put on Freeze’
Garegin Nzhdeh Statue not Demolished in Martuni Town of Artsakh
Turkish State Channel Showed a Map of Expanding Influence on Armenia, Georgia and a Number of Territories of Russia
Air Temperature to Rise in Armenia by 5-6 Degrees
Joe Biden Has First Conversation with Xi Jinping as US President
Wind: 5 km/h
Wind: 5 km/h