Iran Foreign Minister Condemns US Imprisonment of Press TV Anchor
Iran Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif has condemned as a "political game" the US arrest and imprisonment of Press TV anchorwoman Marzieh Hashemi, urging American authorities to release her right away.
Hashemi, a US citizen born as Melanie Franklin, was detained upon arrival at St. Louis Lambert International Airport in St. Louis, Missouri, on Sunday, but wasn't allowed to contact her family until late Tuesday, Press TV reports.
"The move by the US to arrest her is an unacceptable political move and a violation of freedom of speech," Zarif argued. "On that basis, the Americans should immediately end this political game."
American-born Hashemi, most famous for anchoring news programs and presenting shows for Press TV, was detained upon arrival at St. Louis Lambert International Airport in St. Louis, Missouri, on Sunday, her family and friends said.
Press TV has learned that she was transferred by the FBI to a detention facility in Washington, DC. The US officials have so far refused to provide any reasons for her apprehension either to her or her family.
- The United States Announced Its Readiness For a Dialogue With Russia on the Future of Arms Control We are ready to resume dialogue with Russia to shape the future of modern arms control if Russia is ready to act in good faith.
- Biden’s Nominee For U.S. Ambassador to Armenia Sent to Senate Kristina Kvien arrived at U.S. Embassy Kyiv in May 2019. From 2016 – April 2019, she served as Acting DCM/Minister Counselor for Economic Affairs at U.S. Embassy Paris.
- US Congress Members Call for Preparing Report on Azerbaijan Actions in Karabakh in 2020 The Armenian Assembly strongly supports these timely amendments as well as the bipartisan letter opposing the potential sale of F-16s to Turkey," stated Congressional Relations Director Mariam Khaloyan.
- Erdogan Says US Delays Deliveries of F-16 Fighter Jets To Turkish Air Force This issue is still on the table, Erdogan explained at a press conference before leaving for the NATO summit in Madrid.
- Armenia Anti-Corruption Committee, US Federal Bureau of Investigation Sign Cooperation Memorandum Also during the visit, a memorandum of cooperation was signed between the Anti-Corruption Committee of Armenia and the US Federal Bureau of Investigation.
- Russia, Iran Developing Alternative to SWIFT Both countries are facing severe Western sanctions, making settlements in trade through SWIFT difficult or impossible.
- Iran to Overhaul and Maintain Russian Aircraft Iranian and Russian officials at the meeting stressed the need to intensify bilateral cooperation in air transport, he said.
- Iran and Russia Exclude Dollar from Trade Between Countries Noting that the policy of good neighborliness is a priority of Iran's foreign policy, Khandouzi said that Putin's visit to Tehran is in line with the implementation of the agreements reached during President...
- Iran Will Keep IAEA Cameras Turned off until Nuclear Deal is Restored Tehran recently suggested it could still return to compliance if a new deal is struck, but it has insisted Washington must move first.
- Iran Will Oppose Any Policy to Block its Border with Armenia – Supreme Leader "If there is a policy to block the border between Iran and Armenia, Iran will oppose it as this border is a years-old corridor", he said.
Russia MFA Informs About Holding Moscow-Yerevan-Baku High-level Contacts by Late August
No Agreement Yet on Next Meeting Setween Armenian, Turkish Special Envoys – MFA
Russia MFA: Lachin Corridor Issue Should be Resolved on Basis of Trilateral Statement
Artsakh MOD: Situation at Line of Contact Relatively Stable
PM Pashinyan Holds Phone Talk with the President of Iran
US Not to Allow China to Isolate Taiwan: Pelosi
Indonesia Interested in Putin-Zelensky Meeting as Part of G20 Summit: Ambassador
The Number of People Leaving Armenia by Air Increased by 60 Percent
Switzerland Says It Is Ready to Represent Ukraine’s Interests in Russia
Evacuation of Monuments Has Started in the Kashatagh Region of Artsakh
EU to Discuss Schengen Visa Ban for Russians: German Cabinet
Soldier Found Dead – Armenia MoD
5-Day Weather Forecast In Armenia
About 10 US Senators Reflect on Recent Azerbaijan Military Aggression Against Artsakh
Traffic Restored at Yerevan-Yeraskh-Goris-Meghri-Iran Road Section After Crash
It is time for Greece to finally sanction Aliyev: Greek media
Erdogan Expresses Support to Aliyev Regarding Military Aggression Against Karabakh
Artsakh Security Council Secretary Visits Berdzor to Inspect Construction of New Route
French Police Shoot Knife-Wielding Man at Charles de Gaulle Airport
Japan Keeps Finance Minister, Foreign Minister In New Cabinet Line-up
Russia Supports Normalization of Armenia-Turkey Relations: Zakharova
Azerbaijani Special Services Continue Hacking Armenian Accounts of Facebook – NSS Artsakh
Faith, Patriotism, Professionalism are Among Effective Mechanisms for Fighting Eternal Enemies: David Babayan
EU Will Not Recognise Passports Distributed By Russia To Ukrainians: Josep Borrell
Armenian Film Producer Armen Grigoryan Dies In Courtroom
Edvard Asryan Appointed Chef of Staff of Armenia’s Armed Forces
Armenian PM Receives Participants of 2022 Golden Apricot Yerevan International Film Festival
Raffi Hovannisian Barred from Entering Artsakh
Prime Minister Pashinyan Receives US CIA Director William Burns
Armenian, Azerbaijani FMs to Meet in Tbilisi
Wind: 3.6 km/h