Brexit: MPs Vote by a Majority of 211 to Seek Delay to EU Departure
MPs have voted by 413 to 202 - a majority of 211 - for Prime Minister Theresa May to ask the EU for a delay to Brexit, BBC reports.
It means the UK may not now leave on 29 March as previously planned.
Mrs May says Brexit could be delayed by three months, to 30 June, if MPs back her deal in a vote next week.
If they reject her deal again then she says she will seek a longer extension - but any delay has to be agreed by the 27 other EU member states.
Most Conservative MPs voted against delaying Brexit - including seven cabinet members - meaning Mrs May had to rely on Labour and other opposition votes to get it through.
Theresa May, who has long insisted that the UK will leave the EU on 29 March with or without a withdrawal deal, voted to delay Brexit.
- UK’s Johnson Threatens to Withhold $50 Billion Brexit Payment The 39 billion pounds represents outstanding British liabilities to the EU, which would be paid over a number of years according to the withdrawal agreement negotiated by May.
- France's Macron Urges Brexit Clarity After May Resignation But he stressed the need to "maintain the smooth functioning of the EU, which requires swift clarification".
- Brexit is Not a Threat to British Prosperity: Johnson But Britain should also focus on leaving the EU, with MPs agreeing not to revoke Article 50, which began the exit process.
- Theresa May's Withdrawal Bill Delayed On Wednesday, Theresa May told the Commons that the legislation would be published on Friday.
- Donald Tusk: Chance of Brexit Being Cancelled Could be 30% “The referendum was at the worst possible moment, it is the result of a wrong political calculation,” Tusk said in an interview with the Polish newspaper Gazeta Wyborcza (GW) that was shared with the...
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
Snap Parliamentary Elections Going On Today in Ukraine
Body of Serviceman Found at Military Position
Either President of Constitutional Court Must Step Down or Constitutional Reforms Possible: Lena Nazaryan
Nikol Pashinyan Congratulates Charles Michel on Kingdom of Belgium National Day
"The Republic of Armenia Should Reclaim its Once-Glorious Reputation of Industrial Country" - PM Attends "My Step for Shirak Marz" Economic Forum
Head of Labor Party Accuses Trump of Seizing UK Tanker By Iran
Trump to Discuss Turkey With GOP Senators at White House Next Week
Saudi King Approves Hosting U.S. Troops to Enhance Regional Security: SPA
Netanyahu Officially Makes Israeli History as Longest-Serving Prime Minister
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia: the Air Temperature Will Go up by 3-4 Degrees
Azerbaijani Armed Forces Violated the Ceasefire Regime on the Artsakh-Azerbaijan Border about 95 Times
UK 'Deeply Concerned' Over Tanker Seizure
Commemoration of Christ’s twelve Apostles and thirteenth Apostle - St. Paul
'Operation Sentinel': US Develops Operation to Protect Shipping in the Middle East
President of Artsakh was Present at an Opening of the Gallery of Sculptures and "The Sky of Artsakh" photo exhibition in Shoushi
"This is the Reform that We Expect to Yield Concrete Results” - PM Holds Consultation on the Concept of Ministry of High-Tech Industry Activities
President Armen Sarkissian Held a Farewell Meeting with the Ambassador of Argentine to Armenia
Ararat Mirzoyan Meets with His Colleague of Georgian Parliament
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
"Any Armenian Living Outside the Homeland Should Realize That Their Ultimate Goal is to Return to Armenia": Nikol Pashinyan (PHOTOS)
RA-EU Partnership Road-Map Hardly Overlaps EEU Regulations
Magnifier: Office of High Commissioner on Diaspora
Charles Aznavour's Love Letters to Be Put Up for Auction
For Who the Ministry of Diaspora was Abolished
Insight From Yerevan: Outcomes of Armenia And Azerbaijan FM Meeting
PM Nikol Pashinyan, Mrs. Anna Hakobyan Arrive in Singapore on Official Visit; They Met with Local and Neighboring Countries’ Armenian Communities
Armenia Won't Go to Unilateral Concessions which Endanger Artsakh’s Security and Right to Self-Determination
Artsakh’s Foreign Ministry Welcome the Adoption of the Amendment to the National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA) of the US House of Representatives
President of Artsakh Visited the Construction Site of a New Residential Community in Capital Stepanakert
Wind: 12 km/h