Brexit: May Urged to Quit
Theresa May could gain support for her Brexit deal if she promises to stand down as PM, senior Conservatives have told the BBC.
MPs in the party have said they might reluctantly back the agreement if they know she will not be in charge of the next stage of negotiations with the EU.
It comes as newspaper reports claim cabinet ministers are plotting a coup against her.
No 10 has dismissed reports that Mrs May could be persuaded to stand aside.
The prime minister has come under growing pressure to quit following a week in which she was forced to ask the EU for an extension to Article 50, and criticised for blaming the delay to Brexit on MPs.
It remains unclear whether she will bring her withdrawal agreement back to the Commons for a third vote next week, after she wrote to MPs saying she would only do so if there was "sufficient support" for it.
- EU Agrees to Brexit Extension Once Again Leaders of the countries remaining in the European Union have agreed to extend Brexit until October 31.
- The British Parliament Approves a Law to Avoid Brexit Without Agreement An unusual alliance between parties, led by the Labor Yvette Cooper and the conservative Oliver Letwin, allowed the approval of the law in the absence of five days for the date set for the Brexit, on April...
- Brexit Delay Law Approved by UK's House of Commons The prime minister would be forced to ask the European Union for an extension to the Article 50 process beyond April 12, if she had failed to get her deal passed by that date. Parliament would have the...
- British MPs Rejected All the Eight Options to Break Brexit Deadlock British MPs have failed to back any of the eight options aimed at breaking the Brexit deadlock.
- EU Delays Brexit Mrs May said there was now a "clear choice" facing UK MPs, who could vote for a third time on her deal next week.
Armenia Intends to Continue to Make its Feasible Contribution to the UN-Sanctioned Peacekeeping Undertakings: Armenia's Defense Minister
Garo Paylan Calls on the Turkish Parliament to Hold Parliamentary Discussion on Armenian Genocide
Sri Lanka Suicide Bomber Was Previously Arrested, Father in Custody
The Artsakh Delegation Participated in the Events Dedicated to the 104th Anniversary of the Armenian Genocide Held in Uruguay
Muslims Hiding in Sri Lanka As Tensions Rise After Bombings
Qatar Has Funded Dozens of Mosques and Islamic Center Projects in Europe
The World Must Speak Out: Pashinyan Slams Erdogan's Hate Speech
Recognition Path of the Armenian Genocide Through 2018-2019
The Armenian People Have Voiced Their Vision of Settlement of Artsakh Issue
Netanyahu: I Will Name a Golan Town After Trump
Armen Sarkissian Discussed with Philanthropists George and Caroline Najarians Possibilities of Implementing Charity Programs in Gyumri
INSIGHT FROM YEREVAN: The Legal Aspects of the Armenian Genocide
Turkish Presidency Communications Director Calls on the Global Armenian Community to Visit the Site of Akhtamar Church
Putin: North Korea Wants to Denuclearize But Needs Security Guarantees
Macron Will Announce a Package of Measures That Could Include Lower Taxes
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
Blast in Town East of Sri Lankan Capital
Artsakh Foreign Minister Masis Mayilian Met with Uruguay Vice President Lucia Topolansky
Iran's Khamenei Says US Oil Sanctions Won’t Go "Without Response"
France Marks First National Commemoration of Armenian Genocide
My Family Was Always Proud of its Armenian Heritage: James Bagian - The Only Armenian in the World, who Has Traveled into Space (EXCLUSIVE)
Who is Zahran Hashim, Alleged Mastermind of One of the Sri Lanka Attacks?
Sarkis Torossian, Armenian Hero of Gallipoli Campaign
Eurovision 2019 to Be Canceled?
Sir Khachik Paul Chater, Father of Hong Kong
Armenian Community Has Been Deeply Moved by the Fire of Notre Dame Cathedral: Daniele Cazarian - French Deputy of Armenian Origin (EXCLUSIVE)
More Than 70 American Lawmakers Seek US Official Recognition of Armenian Genocide with New Resolution
Assyrian New Year Stands For Nature Revival And Fertility: Interview With Arsen Mikhailov (EXCLUSIVE)
In Case of Attempts by Azerbaijan to Resolve the Conflict by Force, Artsakh has Every Right to Protect its Freedom and Independence. Artsakh's MFA
It is Not Artsakh Issue, It is All-Armenian Issue: Artsakh Republic National Assembly MP Vardges Baghryan (EXCLUSIVE)
Wind: 12 km/h