No Big Expectations From Pashinyan-Aliyev First Official meeting: Eduard Aghabekyan (EXCLUSIVE)
”Armedia IAA” talked to Eduard Aghabekyan, Artsakh National Assembly MP, leader of “Movement-88” group, about Karabakh conflict, Pashinyan-Aliyev meeting and returning Artsakh to the Talks Table.
-Mr Aghabekyan, how do you assess March 29 Pashinyan-Aliyev meeting in Vienna.
- It is not serious to have big expectations from the first official meeting. Time will show the results.
- Do you think bringing Artsakh back to the negotiation table is possible in the near future?
- Artsakh must definitely return to negotiations table. In general, the conflict is Karabakh-Azerbaijani, and to call it Armenian-Azerbaijani, is wrong. Such an approach undermines Yerevan’s position. Azerbaijan attacked Karabakh, Stepanakert. Unless Azerbaijan realizes that they must talk to Stepanakert on conflict regulation, there will be no result. It is up to them to agree or disagree on negotiating with Artsakh. To me the Karabakh issue is on the whole, settled, notwithstanding, of course, Gardmanq, Utik and some other territories.
- How do you assess the possibility of resuming the war?
- There has been a risk of resuming the war every day since May 1994, and April 2016 was the evidence. Every day that goes by brings us closer to the next war. After all, the formula has long been given, si vis pacem, para bellum (want peace, prepare for war). We must be a war-restrainer, a war-preventer, not a peace-beggar.
Armenia's PM Visit to Netherlands Postponed
Coronavirus-Infected 78-Year-Old Patient Dies in Yerevan
EU Will Provide €51 Million to Armenia to Fight against COVID-19
April Aggression by Azerbaijan only Strengthened the Determination of Artsakh People: Artsakh MFA
Trump's Net Worth Drops $1 Billion: Forbes
Artsakh Republic President Visited Talish Village
Artsakh has Been and Remains the Victorious Spirit of Our People: Serzh Sargsyan
Number of Coronavirus-Infected Healthcare Workers Increases in Armenia
Central Bank Forecasts 0.7% Economic Growth in Armenia for 2020
Prime Minister Pays Tribute to April War Victims’ Memory
A 68-Year Old Patient Has Died from Coronavirus: Alina Nikoghosyan
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
Zarif Rejects Trump’s Claim amid Tensions in Iraq
Five Employees of Vardashen Penitentiary Security Staff Test Positive for COVID-19
Taliban Ready to Begin Cease-Fires in Virus-Hit Afghan Areas: AP
April is Always Followed by May...
OSCE PA Annual Vancouver Session Canceled Because of COVID-19 - OSCE PA
Armenia Records 663 Confirmed Coronavirus Cases
President Armen Sarkissian Spoke on the Phone with the Renowned Scientist Joseph Babikian
The Statement of the Foreign Ministry of Armenia on the Presidential and Parliamentary Elections held in Artsakh (Nagorno-Karabakh) on March 31
This Is Our Armenian Pizza: Turks Have Lashed Out at Kim Kardashian for Describing Lahmacun as Armenian Pizza (VIDEO)
Garo Paylan: Putin Made Erdogan Sit under the Statue of Catherine the Great who Symbolizes Russia's Victory over the Ottomans
Armenian who Was Born on Ararat Street: Sergey Lavrov – the Unsurpassed Diplomat
Aliyev Angered by Armenian Toponyms on Azerbaijani Museum Maps, Orders New Ones (VIDEO)
French Armenians Alarm About Links Between Paris Mayor Candidate and Azerbaijani Authorities
March 15: Tehlirian’s Bullet Toppled Talaat to the Ground
Kim Kardashian Visits White House with Prisoners She Helped Free
Joaquín Caparrós Appointes as Armenian National Team Head Coach
Armenian Coat of Arms Printed on Famous American Rapper's Jacket
PACE Rapporteur: I Am Astonished And Appalled By The Azerbaijani Government’s Shameful Exploitation Of The Coronavirus Pandemic
Wind: 7 km/h