No Big Expectations From Pashinyan-Aliyev First Official meeting: Eduard Aghabekyan (EXCLUSIVE)
”Armedia IAA” talked to Eduard Aghabekyan, Artsakh National Assembly MP, leader of “Movement-88” group, about Karabakh conflict, Pashinyan-Aliyev meeting and returning Artsakh to the Talks Table.
-Mr Aghabekyan, how do you assess March 29 Pashinyan-Aliyev meeting in Vienna.
- It is not serious to have big expectations from the first official meeting. Time will show the results.
- Do you think bringing Artsakh back to the negotiation table is possible in the near future?
- Artsakh must definitely return to negotiations table. In general, the conflict is Karabakh-Azerbaijani, and to call it Armenian-Azerbaijani, is wrong. Such an approach undermines Yerevan’s position. Azerbaijan attacked Karabakh, Stepanakert. Unless Azerbaijan realizes that they must talk to Stepanakert on conflict regulation, there will be no result. It is up to them to agree or disagree on negotiating with Artsakh. To me the Karabakh issue is on the whole, settled, notwithstanding, of course, Gardmanq, Utik and some other territories.
- How do you assess the possibility of resuming the war?
- There has been a risk of resuming the war every day since May 1994, and April 2016 was the evidence. Every day that goes by brings us closer to the next war. After all, the formula has long been given, si vis pacem, para bellum (want peace, prepare for war). We must be a war-restrainer, a war-preventer, not a peace-beggar.
Uzbekistan’s President Declares State of Emergency in Karakalpakstan on July 3 - Aug 2
Ukrainian Forces Targeted Belarusian Military Facilities: Lukashenko
Gazprom Delivering 42.15 Mln Cubic Meters of Gas to Europe through Ukraine via Sudzha
The Regular Sitting of the Consultative Assembly Held with the Participation of the Prime Minister and the Leaders of the Extra-Parliamentary Political Forces
Ukraine Facing Significant Losses on All Fronts: Russian Defense Ministry
Yerevan One of Most Preferred Destinations for Russian Tourists
Elon Musk Meets with Pope Francis
Stepantsminda-Lars Highway Open for All Types of Vehicles
50 Cent Posts Photo From Downtown Yerevan
5 Dead, 19 Injured After Two Quakes jolt Iran in One Day
Prime Minister Pashinyan Discussed with Samvel Karapetyan the Course of Investment Projects of "Tashir" Group of Companies
Fourth Meeting of the Special Representatives of Armenia and Turkey
The Prime Minister Received the Federal Minister of Economic Cooperation and Development of Germany
PM Pashinyan Chairs Security Coucil Meeting
Calling NATO Exclusively Defensive Alliance is Ridiculous, Disgraceful: Lavrov
Finnish FM Speaks On Timing of Country's Entry Into NATO
Gagik Jhangiryan Resigns as Member of Supreme Judicial Council
The Prime Minister Congratulated the Employees of the Prosecutor’s Office
Poland completes Belarus border wall to keep migrants out
Erdogan Allows Sudden Start Of Military Operations In Syria
Alexander Leonovich Kemurdzhian, Designer of the First Planet Rover
Andranik Iosifyan from Artsakh: Father of Electromechanics, "Chief Electrician" of Missile Technology
The People of Artsakh Have the Same Rights as Everyone: Ararat Mirzoyan
Artsakh's NSS Urges Against Spread of Dubious News
Michel Matthew Ter-Pogossian, the ''Father'' of Positron Emission Tomography
Artsakh’s NSS Reveals Case of High Treason
It Is Necessary to Work Closely to Launch Crisis Prevention Mechanisms: Pashinyan to CSTO Foreign Ministers
Armenia is Not Only Russia’s Partner, it is a Strategic Ally, Putin Tells Khachaturyan
China Rejects Wuhan Lab Leak Theory, Calls for Investigating US Facilities
The Resident of Berdzor, Lost on the Azerbaijani Side, was Returned Through the Mediation of Peacekeepers
Wind: 2.57 km/h