Grenke Сhess Сlassic: Levon Aronyan Shares a Point with Georg Meyer
Leader of the Armenia chess team Levon Aronyan shared a point with black pieces with German GM Georg Meier in the second round of the Grenke Сhess Сlassic kicked off in Germany. The game ended on the 29th move, press service of National Olympic Committee of Armenia reports.
Fabiano Caruana (USA) vs Maxime Vachiev-Lagrave (France) game had no winner, either. World current champion Magnus Carlsen (Norway) was stronger than Francisco Vallejo (Spain), Viswanathan Anand (India) won 14-year-old Vincent Keymer (Germany) and Peter Svidle defeated with black pieces Arkadij Naiditsch (Azerbaijan).
In the first round Levon Aronyan had shared a point with Arkadij Naidich playing with white pieces. On April 23, in round 3 the Armenian GM’s opponent will be Spanish Francisco Vallejo.
Let us recall Levon Aronyan had become the winner of Grenke Сhess Сlassic in 2017 and last year had shared the 3-5th places.
- Armenia is the 97th in FIFA Ranking The FIFA ranking new list was announced on June 14.
- Weightlifter Varazdat Lalayan – Junior World Champion In the super heavy weight class (+109 kg) the Armenian representative registered total 419 kg (192+227) and lifted a kilo more than Iranian runner-up Ali Davudi.
- Levon Aronian Won Azerbaijani Grandmaster Shakhriyar Mamedyarov at Norway Chess 2019 Tournamnet. Leader of Armenian chess team Levon Aronian won Azerbaijani grandmaster Shakhriyar Mamedyarov at Norway Chess 2019 tournament.
- Malkhas Amoyan - European Junior Champion Malkhas Amoyan (72 kg) was named a European junior champion, Hayk Melikyan (67 kg) became a silver medalist and Sahak Hovhannisyan (60 kg) won a bronze medal.
- European Championship: Hrachya Poghosyan – Bronze Medalist In the fight for bronze the Armenian wrestler had a confident victory 9:0 over Belarusian Aliaksandr Pechurenka.
Iran Will Not Wage War Against Any Nation, Says Iranian President
Syria Says It Doesn't Want to Fight With Turkey
Former Uefa President Michel Platini Arrested Over Awarding of 2022 World Cup to Qatar
Artsakh-France Friendship Circle Statement
China Calls on US to Stop ‘Extreme Pressure’ on Iran
Iran Says Will Breach Uranium Stockpile Limit in 10 Days
US to Send 1,000 More Troops to Middle East
Comment by Spokesperson of the Foreign Ministry of the Republic of Artsakh Ani Sargsyan to the Aparaj Agency
Egypt’s Former President Morsi Buried, a Day After Courtroom Death
CoE Reaffirms Readiness to Support RA Government’s Reform Agenda
Nikol Pashinyan Conveys Sense of Realizing Mistake of Interfering With Law Enforcement
Erdogan Slams Macron: 'Who Are You?'
‘The Moment You Stop Learning, You Die’: President Armen Sarkissian’s Interview to Financial Times
PM Pashinyan Congratulates Iceland Premier on Country’s National Holiday
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
Iran Government Adviser Warns of ‘Unavoidable War’ If Sanctions Not ‘Abandoned’
China's Stunning 'Blue Tears' Plankton Blooms Are Spreading
Saudi Arabia Blames Iran For Tanker Attacks But Does Not Want War
CoE Action Plan for Armenia 2019-2022 Launches
Suicide Attack Triple Blasts Kill at Least 30 in
Our Plans Will Target Reinforcement of Civil Society And Its Role: Naira Karapetyan, Director of ''European Integration'' NGO
Magnifier: Public Discrepancies and Fight Against Them
Trump’s New Immigration Plan’s Threats to Armenia
Giacomo Luigi Ciamician, Armenian Chemist, the Pioneer of Solar Energy Idea
Kosovo's Threats to Join Albania Raise Opportunities For Armenia and Artsakh
Child Marriages Still in Place in India
Karabakh: "Coercion to Peace" Gaining Ground Again
Artworks on Scarves: Exclusive Interview with “Artuyt” Founder Arevik Arakelyan
Despite the Obstacles Imposed by Azerbaijan, Artsakh’s International Ties will Continue to Expand and Deepen
Artsakh Should Be Fully Involved in the Humanitarian Events: Expert
Wind: 6 km/h