European Championship: Hrachya Poghosyan – Bronze Medalist
Armenia’s representative Hrachya Poghosyan (63 kg) has become a bronze medalist of the Greco-Roman wrestling competition of the Junior European Championship underway in Pontevedra, Spain.
In the fight for bronze the Armenian wrestler had a confident victory 9:0 over Belarusian Aliaksandr Pechurenka.
Hrachya Poghosyan started the struggle on June 4 and after three confident wins he reached the semifinals. To qualify for the final he competed with Turk Abdulah Toprak and lost 3:4.
On June 4 Gevorg Sukiasyan (55 kg) fought for bronze too but lost to an Azerbaijani wrestler. Afterwards Sukiasian won repechage round.
Let us recall on June 4 four Armenian representatives began their performances. Two of them qualified for the finals. Hayk Melikyan (67 kg) and Malkhas Amoyan (72 kg) will fight for European champion title on June 5.
- Armenian Greco-Roman Wrestlers to Participate in International Tournaments From July 22 to August 1 our team will have a training camp in Olympavan after which a part of the team will leave for Warsaw, the other part - to Tbilisi.
- Armenia's Multiple Champion Aghasi Aghasyan Killed in Car Accident Armenian weightlifter, multiple champion Aghasi Aghasyan has been killed as a result of a car accident, sports journalist Gevorg Loretsyan wrote on his Facebook.
- Summer Universiade: Artur Avetisyan Becomes Champion in Rings Exercise Armenia has won its first medal at the 30th Summer Universiade.
- Hakob Serobyan: Artur Davtyan Outperformed Himself Before the World Championship in October the artistic gymnastics team will take part in tournaments and training camps.
- Nikol Pashinyan Meets With Second European Games Medal Winners Prime Minister Nikol Pashinyan met with the Armenian athletes who won several medals in the Second European Games.
Plane Evacuation Flying From Moscow Airport to Yerevan Caused by Strange Smell on Board
Nikol Pashinyan Hosts Australia’s New South Wales Premier Gladys Berejiklian
Trump Says the U.S. Navy Downed an Iranian Drone in the Strait of Hormuz
Zareh Sinanyan Pays 1st Foreign Visit to Russia in the Post of Chief Commissioner for Diaspora Affairs
President Armen Sarkissian Hosted Premier of New South Wales Gladys Berejiklian
Head of Parliament Has Meetings with Representatives of the U.S. Armenian Organizations
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
US Preparing to Send Hundreds of Troops to Saudi Arabia Amid Iran Tensions
US House Rejects Bid to Launch Trump Impeachment Proceedings
Bako Sahakyan Attended Maxim Hovhannisyan's 85th Birthday Anniversary Evening
U.S. Removing Turkey from F-35 Program
Hot Line With Azerbaijani President Does Not Guarantee There Will Be No Victims – Pashinyan
Armenia’s Chief Commissioner for Diaspora Affairs Departs for Russia on Working Visit
PM Pashinyan Does Not Rule Out Constitutional Amendments for Overcoming Constitutional Crisis in Armenia
Armenian PM, Holy See Apostolic Nuncio Discuss Development of Armenia-Vatican Relations
Three Turkish Diplomats Killed in Attack in Iraq’s Erbil, Media Reports Say
Moscow Court Extends Arrest of All 24 Ukrainian Sailors Detained in Kerch Strait
Nikol Pashinyan Congratulates Ursula von der Leyen on Being Elected President of the European Commission
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
“The Government’s goal is to make the public procurement system more flexible, enforce the principle of fair competition and eradicate corruption” - PM Holds Consultation
"Any Armenian Living Outside the Homeland Should Realize That Their Ultimate Goal is to Return to Armenia": Nikol Pashinyan (PHOTOS)
RA-EU Partnership Road-Map Hardly Overlaps EEU Regulations
Magnifier: Office of High Commissioner on Diaspora
Washington Meetings Not to Yield Serious Results?
Charles Aznavour's Love Letters to Be Put Up for Auction
For Who the Ministry of Diaspora was Abolished
PM Nikol Pashinyan, Mrs. Anna Hakobyan Arrive in Singapore on Official Visit; They Met with Local and Neighboring Countries’ Armenian Communities
Insight From Yerevan: Outcomes of Armenia And Azerbaijan FM Meeting
Armenia Won't Go to Unilateral Concessions which Endanger Artsakh’s Security and Right to Self-Determination
PM: "Our Will Is Unshakable and Our Hand Will Not Flinch Against Those Who Try to Revive the Methods of Violence in the Republic of Armenia"
Wind: 5 km/h