Weightlifter Varazdat Lalayan – Junior World Champion
Varazdat Lalayan was named a champion of the Junior World Championship ended in Fiji.
In the super heavy weight class (+109 kg) the Armenian representative registered total 419 kg (192+227) and lifted a kilo more than Iranian runner-up Ali Davudi.
On the last day of the Junior World Championship Armenia’s only female representative Arpine Dalalyan (+87 kg) performed in the women’s competition and ended up on the 4th place.
The Armenian weightlifter lifted 241 kg (101+140) in total while in the clean and jerk Dalalyan won a small bronze medal.
Earlier Karen Avagyan (89 kg) had placed 4th and Armen Grigoryan (73 kg) and Rafik Harutyunyan (81 kg) had come 6th.
- Armenian National Team Will Face Montenegro in a Friendly Match Armenian National team will have a friendly match against Montenegro on March 24, 8PM (local time) in the Republican stadium after Vazgen Sargsyan.
- Armenian Referees Will Have a Training Camp in Krimsk FIFA instructor Alan Snowdy (Northern Ireland) and FIFA physical instructor Grzegorz Krzosek (Poland) will be among the lecturers during the training camp.
- The Prime Minister Awards the 10 Best Athletes of the Year Prime Minister Nikol Pashinyan participated in the solemn awarding ceremony of the 10 best athletes of 2021.
- Varazdat Haroyan Named Armenian Player of the Year Armenian national team captain Henrikh Mkhitaryan is the second with 62 points.
- Joaquin Caparros Named Armenian Coach of the Year Joaquin Caparros named Coach of the year for the second time in a row. Dmitry Gunko is the second, while Vardan Bichakhchyan is the third.
US Not to Present Written Response to Russia’s Proposals During Friday Meeting: Blinken
Minsk Group Co-Chairs to Visit the Region, Armenian FM Says
Artsakh Ombudsman Urges Not to Give in to the Azerbaijani Manipulations
Tehran Hands Over to Moscow Draft Agreement on Strategic Cooperation for 20 Years: Raisi
Armenian FM Presents Details of Meeting with Cavusoglu
The Armenian Side Passed a Package of Proposals to the Russian and Azerbaijani Sides: Mirzoyan
There Is Blizzard in Some Regions
5-Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
Baku’s Anti-Armenian and Genocidal Policy Has a Clear Chronology: Gegham Stepanyan
We Will Continue to Actively and Persistently Defend the Interests of Artsakh: David Babayan
Establishment of a Public Council and Possible Changes to the Constitution. Arayik Harutyunyan Met with NGO Representatives
Flyone Armenia to Launch Yerevan-Istanbul Flights on February 2
15 Years Pass Since Hrant Dink Assassination
Iranian President Says His Visit to Moscow May Become Turning Point in Russia-Iran Ties
Armenia Records 348708 Confirmed Coronavirus Cases
Armenian Church Revamped in Iran
Some Roads are Closed in Armenia
Kamo Vardanyan Was Awarded the Military Rank of Lieutenant General
Azerbaijani Special Services Forced Artsakh Resident to Spy for Them, NSS Reveals
Armen Sarkissian and Mohamed bin Zayed Al Nahyan Discussed Issues Related to the Promotion of Bilateral Cooperation
Hair Dryer was Invented in the 19th Century (from the Series "Inventions of the Armenians")
The Prime Minister Awards the 10 Best Athletes of the Year
Turkey Announces One of Its Preconditions for Normalization of Relations with Armenia
Zakharova Speaks about First Meeting in Moscow of Armenia, Azerbaijan Elites after Karabakh War
Armenian Aviation Regulator Grants Permit to Flyone Armenia to Operate Yerevan-Istanbul Flights
The Process of Armenian-Turkish Normalisation Dangerous, Does Not Consider Armenia's Interests - Artur Vanetsyan
Armenia’s top 10 Athletes of the Year Announced
Artsakh Defense Army Denies Shooting at Employees of Azerbaijani Company
Whole World Will Benefit from Normalization of Armenian-Turkish Relations: Dmitry Polyanskiy
Artsakh Republic President Received Staff Members of Schools of Hadrout and Shoushi