Moldova Court Relieves Dodon of Duty as President
A Moldovan court on Sunday relieved Igor Dodon of his duties as president and appointed former prime minister Pavel Filip as interim president, Reuters reports.
The court explained its decision by the fact that Dodon had not dissolved parliament as mandated by an earlier Constitutional Court verdict.
Filip’s Democratic Party of Moldova on Saturday had vowed to challenge the legitimacy of a new government formed by the Russian-backed Socialist party and the pro-European Union ACUM bloc. Dodon is a former chief of the Socialist party and backed the formation of the new government.
- Moldova's Fledgling Government Brought Down by no Confidence Vote Parties now have 90 days to try to form a new government. If they fail to do so, another parliamentary election would be called.
- Political Crisis in Moldova: Will There Be an End to the Dual Power? In Moldova, the dual power established since Saturday continues, President Igor Dodon has summoned a Security Council session. He has canceled the decree on dissolving the parliament.
- Moldova Court Suspends President Dodon The court reportedly relieved Dodon of his duties because he failed to approve any candidate put forward by the prime minister to appoint two subordinate ministers.
- The Constitutional Court Suspended Moldovan President's power: What Does It Mean? For the first time the part of Dodon’s power was taken away in October. Then he twice rejected the candidacy of Eugen Sturza, proposed for the post of Minister of Defense.
- Moldova-Armenia Cooperation Builds New Bridges between the EAEU and EU Thus, the cooperation with Moldova can have its contribution to strengthening the position and role of Armenia in the EAEU. In parallel, it will build bridges between the European and Eurasian unions.
President Armen Sarkissian Sent a Congratulatory Message to Emmanuel Macron
Azerbaijani Defense Ministry Confirms Death of Major General and Colonel
Armenian air Forces Hit Azerbaijani UAV
Dutch MP Condemns Azerbaijani Shelling on Armenia
Two Armenian Servicemen Killed from Azerbaijani Fire
Armenian President Hosts French Ambassador
US Supreme Court Allows First Federal Executions Of Prisoners In 17 Years
CSTO Urges to Immediately End Fire in Armenia-Azerbaijan Border
Guatemalan MPs Condemn Azerbaijan’s Military Operations Against Armenia
Armenia Ombudsman’s Office Prepares 2nd Interim Report on Azerbaijani Shelling of Tavush Settlements
U.S. Supreme Court Clears Way for Execution of Federal Prisoner
Aggression against Security of Civilian Population of Armenia will Receive Proportionate Response: MFA Spokesperson
Armenian Armed Forces Destroy Azerbaijani Military Bases that Shelled Civilian Settlements (video)
Azerbaijan Targets Civilian Infrastructures of Berd with Attacking Drone
UN Secretary General Urges Immediate end to the Fighting on Armenian-Azerbaijani Border
Armenia Records 32490 Confirmed Coronavirus Cases
Phone Conversation of Zohrab Mnatsakanyan with Josep Borrell, High Representative of the EU for Foreign Affairs and Security Policy
Azerbaijani Tank Movement Curtailed by Fire at Right – Defense Ministry
1st Vice President of Guatemala Congress Condemns Azerbaijani Attack on Armenia
U.S. Urges Armenia, Azerbaijan Stop Using Force, Adhere to Ceasefire
Anouch Toraninan Elected Head of 15th Arrondissement of Paris
Ancient Armenian Church Surfaces from under Lake Van
Armenia’s Government Should Oppose Turkey Attempts to Take Over Armenian Properties in Jerusalem
Turkey Drew Up Plans to Invade Greece and Armenia: Jerusalem Post
Government Approves 22nd Anti-Crisis Program: Unemployed Citizens to Receive Lump-Sum Assistance at the Rate of the Minimum Wage
Armenian Woman is Elected Mayor of France’s Strasbourg
Comment by the Spokesperson of the MFA of Armenia Anna Naghdalyan on the Remarks of the President of Azerbaijan During the Opening on N Military Unit
The Authorities of the Republic of Artsakh Confirm Their Determination to Seek the Restoration of the Territorial Integrity of the Republic: Artsakh MFA
Armenia PM: Constitutional Court President will be Dismissed, Powers of CC Members will Terminate in a Few Hours
Kim Kardashian Calls on Her Millions of Followers to Support Small Businesses in Armenia
Wind: 10 km/h