Trump Warns Iran 'Better Be Careful' on Nuclear Enrichment
Donald Trump, the president of the United States, has warned Iran it "better be careful" after Tehran announced it would begin enriching uranium beyond a limit set in an international nuclear accord, Aljazeera reports.
On Sunday, Iran said it was hours away from passing the 3.67 percent uranium enrichment cap set in the deal, and threatened to keep reducing its commitments every 60 days unless the remaining signatories to the accord - United Kingdom, Germany, France, Russia and China - protected it from US sanctions.
It had already surpassed the uranium stockpile limit set in the accord on July 1.
When asked about the latest Iranian moves, Trump said on Sunday: "Iran better be careful because you enrich for one reason, and I won't tell you what that reason is, but it's no good."
He did not elaborate on what actions Washington might consider, but told reporters that Tehran "will never have a nuclear weapon". Iran denies seeking nuclear weapons and refers to a religious decree issued in the early 2000s by Supreme Leader Ali Hosseini Khamenei that forbids "the production, stockpiling and use of weapons of mass destruction, and specifically nuclear arms".
- Iran's Nuclear Enrichment at Higher Level than before 2015 Deal: Rouhani Iran has gradually scaled back its commitments under the nuclear deal in retaliation to Washington’s withdrawal from the pact in 2018 and its reimposition of sanctions that have crippled the country’s...
- EU’s Dispute Mechanism "A Strategic Mistake": FM Zarif After the mechanism is implemented, Iran would be given 15 days to resolve the dispute with the three European signatories to the nuclear deal.
- Dispute Resolution Mechanism On Iranian Deal To Be Launched The UK, Germany and France will notify the EU on Tuesday that they are launching a dispute resolution mechanism as part of the implementation of the Iranian deal (JCPOA), Reuters reported referring to...
- Johnson: Let's Do a 'Trump Deal' to Replace the Iran Nuclear Deal British Prime Minister Boris Johnson on Tuesday called on U.S. President Donald Trump to replace the Iranian nuclear deal with his own new agreement.
- Pence: Trump Will Ask European Allies to Withdraw from the Disastrous Iran Nuclear Deal The agreement has been unraveling since Trump pulled the United States from it.
Bako Sahakyan Received Minister of High-Tech Industry of the Republic of Armenia Hakob Arshakyan
The Number Of Victims Of Coronavirus Reached 1,874
First 10 Names Of The "No" Initiative Group Is Announced
"We are One Family" – PM on Military and Society
Armenia’s High Commissioner for Diaspora Affairs Meets Cilicia Business Club Members in Moscow
Feast of St. Ghevond the Priest and His Companions
Some Roads in Armenia are Closed and Difficult to Pass
Armenia PM Will Participate In Referendum Campaign
Armen Sarkissian Met with Head of the EU Delegation to Armenia
Iran Ready for Gulf Security Talks
Armenian from Wuhan Repatriated after Quarantine in Kazakhstan
US Successfully Tests Trident II Ballistic Missile Capable of Carrying Nuclear Warhead
Nikol Pashinyan Offers Condolences on the Untimely Demise of German Avagyan
Erdogan to Visit Baku
Armenian Church Delegation to Have Official Meeting with Pope Francis
EU Extends Arms Embargo against Belarus, Travel Ban on Four Individuals
UAE Issues Operating License for Arab World's First Nuclear Plant
Campaigning Ahead of Constitutional Referendum Begins
14 presidential Candidates, 2 Blocs and 10 Parties Apply to Participate in Eections in Artsakh
Coronavirus: China’s Hubei Province Orders Everybody to Stay Home
Garo Paylan Nominated for Nobel Peace Prize: Organizations Can Join the Initiative and Give Their Vote to Him
Because of the Armenian Genocide Azerbaijani-Turkish Designer Says He Will Never Make a Dress for Kim Kardashian
For the First Time Ever Istanbul's Mayor Issues a Condolence Note on the Day of the Assassination of Hrant Dink
The King of Jordan: “The Saint Karapet Armenian Apostolic Church in Jordan is the Testament to the Enduring Armenian History in our Country”
Death to Armenia: Pan-Turkic Fascists in Iran Attemted to Play an Armenophobic Trick
Turkey's First Professional Boxer Garbis Zakaryan Dies at 90
FIDE Bans Organizer of Turkish Tournament who Asked Armenian Delegate to Cancel Participation: Maria Gevorgyan
Syrian-Armenian Soldier Killed in Idlib During Firefight with Terrorists
Garbis Zakaryan - Turkey's First Professional Boxer
"Yerevan-2800" Silver Collector Coin Takes 3rd Place
Wind: 3 km/h