Trump Warns Iran 'Better Be Careful' on Nuclear Enrichment
Donald Trump, the president of the United States, has warned Iran it "better be careful" after Tehran announced it would begin enriching uranium beyond a limit set in an international nuclear accord, Aljazeera reports.
On Sunday, Iran said it was hours away from passing the 3.67 percent uranium enrichment cap set in the deal, and threatened to keep reducing its commitments every 60 days unless the remaining signatories to the accord - United Kingdom, Germany, France, Russia and China - protected it from US sanctions.
It had already surpassed the uranium stockpile limit set in the accord on July 1.
When asked about the latest Iranian moves, Trump said on Sunday: "Iran better be careful because you enrich for one reason, and I won't tell you what that reason is, but it's no good."
He did not elaborate on what actions Washington might consider, but told reporters that Tehran "will never have a nuclear weapon". Iran denies seeking nuclear weapons and refers to a religious decree issued in the early 2000s by Supreme Leader Ali Hosseini Khamenei that forbids "the production, stockpiling and use of weapons of mass destruction, and specifically nuclear arms".
- Bloomberg: Trump Discussed Easing Iran Sanctions After an Oval Office meeting on Monday when the idea came up, Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin voiced his support for the move as a way to restart negotiations with Iran, some of the people said. Later...
- U.S. President Trump Could Meet with Iran's Rouhani at U.N. with no Preconditions - Pompeo Pompeo made the comments at a news briefing to unveil new sanctions on groups including Iran's Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps.
- Iran Rejects any Claims on Secret Nuclear Activities in the Country The Iranian diplomat also said that during the visit, cooperation between Iran and the IAEA in three fields of the implementation of the JCPOA safeguards, the Additional Protocol, and Safeguards Agreement...
- Iran Lifts More Limits on Nuclear Programme as Deal Unravels Specifically, Iran would start to develop centrifuges to speed up its uranium enrichment, without overstepping, as yet, the limits set under the nuclear deal.
- Iran to Return to Nuclear Deal Only under Oil Credit Line “Either Europe has to buy oil from Iran or provide Iran with the equivalent of selling oil as a credit line guaranteed by Iran’s oil revenues, which in some sense means a pre-sale of oil,” Araqchi...
Bako Sahakyan Received Representatives of the "My Step Foundation"
Pashinyan Reiterates Position on Acceptable Karabakh Resolution
Artsakh Republic Parliament Speaker Invites Alexis Ohanian to Visit Artsakh
Artsakh Republic President Attended a Solemn Opening Ceremony of a Capitally Renovated School in Kashatagh
Hassan Rouhani Is Expected in Yerevan on October 1: Pashinyan
Armenia's President Signs Decree to Dismiss NSS Chief
A Historic Agreement between Serbs and Albanians Is the Only Way to Achieve Lasting Peace: Serbian Prime Minister
National Security Service Director of Armenia Resigns
Trump Denies Media Reports He’s Willing to Meet With Iran With "No Conditions"
Iran Denies Launching Drone Attacks on Saudi Oil Facility
Trump: U.S. ‘Locked And Loaded’ For Response To Attack On Saudi Oil Sites
"Armenia has been and Remains a Crossroad of Civilizations" – President Sarkissian
Trump Authorizes Release of Emergency Oil Reserve "if Needed" after Attack on Saudi Oil Sites
Kim Jong-un Proposes Trump to Meet in Pyongyang – Report
Armenian Zohrab Mnatsakanyan Kicks off Official Visit to Lithuania
Vanadzor-Alaverdi-Bagratashen Highway is Closed for Truck Traffic
Karina Ignatyan to Represent Armenia at Junior Eurvision 2019
Bako Sahakyan Took Part at a Baptize Ceremony of the April War Martyr's Relatives
Nikol Pashinyan Offers Condolences to Aram I, Catholicos of the Great House of Cilicia, in Connection with the Demise of his Mother
Weather Forecast in Armenia: The Temperature Will Gradually Go Up By 4-5 Degrees.
Famous Russian Singer Lyubov Uspenskaya Performed an Armenian Song in Azerbaijan (VIDEO)
The Government Dismisses the Mayors, then Beats the Deputies Elected by the People: Garo Paylan
Models and Celebrities Love Kim Kardashian's Vogue Arabia Cover
Commemoration of Sts. John the Baptist and Job the Righteous
Declaration on Proclamation of the Nagorno Karabakh Republic
Armenia PM: If Government Were Subjected to Pressure on Teghut Matter, Over 900 People Would Again Be Unemployed
Government Sets up Terms and Conditions for Affordable Long-Term Mortgage Lending for Contract Servicemen
Mine Exploitation Means 10-25 Blasts a Day, with Each Blast Raising 25 Tons of Dust: Ex-Governor of Vayots Dzor
Jerusalem Municipality Plans to Reconstruct the Armenian Patriarchate Road
Not Rejection But Eexpression of Ssovereignty: Armenia’s FM on PM’s Decision Not to Participate in Economic Forum in Poland
Wind: 8 km/h