Iran Lifts More Limits on Nuclear Programme as Deal Unravels
Iranian President Hassan Rouhani has ordered the removal of all limits on nuclear research and development - the third major step to scale down commitments to the 2015 nuclear accord with world powers, Al-Jazeera reports.
"I, as of now, announce the third step," Rouhani said on state television late on Wednesday, just as the United States announced that it was imposing sanctions against an oil shipping network with ties to Iran's Revolutionary Guard.
"The atomic energy organisation [of Iran] is ordered to immediately start whatever is needed in the field of research and development, and abandon all the commitments that were in place regarding research and development."
Specifically, Iran would start to develop centrifuges to speed up its uranium enrichment, without overstepping, as yet, the limits set under the nuclear deal.
- Iran President: Tehran hasn’t Closed Window on Talks with US He said Iran has no other option but to defy those who imposed sanctions on Tehran, “but we have not closed the window on talks.”
- Trump Tells Iran Return of Missing FBI Agent would be "Very Positive Step" “At the same time, upon information & belief, Iran is, & has been, enriching uranium. THAT WOULD BE A VERY BAD STEP!,” he said.
- Iran Restarts Uranium Enrichment at Fordow According to Behrouz Kamalvandi, Iran’s stockpile of enriched uranium, now around 500 kilograms, would increase by some 6 kilograms per day with the resumption of enrichment at Fordow.
- Netanyahu: Israel will Never Allow Iran to Build Nuclear Weapons "I repeat here once again: We will never let Iran develop nuclear weapons. This is not only for our security and our future; it’s for the future of the Middle East and the world,״ he added.
- Iranian President Announces Another Break from Nuclear Deal The centrifuges would be injected with the uranium gas as of Wednesday, Rouhani said.
Japanese Scientist Takeo Kanade Awarded RA State Prize for Global IT Contribution
Roadways are Closed and Difficult to Pass
Resolution on Recognizing Armenian Genocide Blocked in US Senate
OSCE Minsk Group calls on the sides to engage in good faith substantive negotiations without artificial delays or conditions
Johnson Says Britain Can Soon Stop Talking about Brexit if He Wins Vote
President Armen Sarkissian Sent a Congratulatory Message to the King of Thailand
Azerbaijan to Hold Parliamentary Elections on February 9
YouTube Reveals Its Most Popular Music Videos for 2019
Dutch Parliament Adopts Amendment to Open Embassy in Yerevan
President Sarkissian Met with a Group of Participants of the Silicon Mountain Conference
Mass Strike Paralyses France as Thousands of Protesters Take to Streets
The Newly Appointed Ambassador of the South African Republic Presented His Credentials to President Sarkissian
We are Aimed at Solving Very Tangible and Concrete Problems: Nikol Pashinyan
Security of Artsakh People will not be Compromised, Armenian FM Says at OSCE Ministerial Meeting
Risk of Escalation Remains in Karabakh: OSCE Chairperson
The World's Most Expensive Christmas Tree
Zohrab Mnatsakanyan Participated in the Meeting of the Eastern Partnership Foreign Ministers
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
Committee to Investigate Possible Corruption Risks at Yerevan Municipality Formed in Armenia Parliament
Roadways are Closed and Difficult to Pass: Drivers are Advised to Drive Only on Winter Tires
"You and Erdogan Brought ISIS": Cher Comments on Murder of Armenian Priest in Syria
Komitas Statue to Be Unveiled in Front of Istanbul’s Armenian Patriarchate
Two Armenian Priests Shot Dead by Terrorists in Syria
Pope Francis Refers to Murder of Armenian Priest in Syria
Artsakh Republic President Participated in the Opening Ceremony of the Library-Reading Hall of the "Matenadaran-Gandzasar" Scientific-Cultural Center
Artsakh Republic President Held a Working Consultation with the Representatives of the Askeran Regional Administration and Community Heads
Impression is As if Authorities Want Quicker Settlement of Artsakh Issue to Live Freely: Vazgen Manukyan
Statement by MFA of Armenia Regarding the Statements by the President of Turkey on Armenian Genocide Made in the United States
Azerbaijan Violated the Ceasefire Regime on the Artsakh-Azerbaijan Border around 140 Times in One Week
Colonel Arayik Grigoryan Appointed Frst Deputy Director of the Artsakh Republic National Security Service
Wind: 4 km/h