Boris Johnson’s second bid to call General Election Fails
British Prime Minister Boris Johnson again tried and again failed, to call a snap general election in a vote that took place in the early hours of Tuesday morning, his sixth-straight defeat in five days of House of Commons business.
To trigger an early election, the government needs 434 votes - two-thirds of all MPs in the 650-seat lower house of parliament - but only 293 backed the proposal, Al Jazeera reports.
Opposition parties united to block Johnson's bid to take the country to the polls, distrustful of the prime minister and wary of any chicanery that could see the administration change the date of the election once it was agreed and run down the clock on a "no-deal" Brexit.
- EU Announced Diplomatic Mission In London The EU External Action shortly after the Brexit issued a statement and announced that the EU’s diplomatic mission in London will be carried out by the EU delegation led by Ambassador diplomat Joao Vale...
- UK PM Johnson Plans 'Respectful' Brexit Celebration After three years of wrangling over whether Brexit should go ahead and how best to do it, Johnson has agreed a deal with the EU that will see Britain continue to abide by the bloc’s rules until the end...
- EU Chiefs Sign Brexit Deal ahead of Parliamentary Vote Then, on Thursday next week, diplomats from the EU member states will approve the deal in writing, ensuring Britain’s orderly departure at midnight on January 31.
- Boris Johnson Refuses to Grant Scotland Powers to Hold Independence Vote Instead he suggested that it is in Scotland's interest not to devote valuable time to discussions about whether the nation should become independent while there are urgent domestic issues to tackle.
- Three British Parties Agree to Vote against Brexit in the Election Such a pact means two of the parties would agree not to field a candidate, boosting the third candidate's chances.
Powerful Thunderstorm on the Slopes of Our Biblical Mount Ararat
The Armenian Love of Aivazovsky
''We and Our Mountains'' Monument - Symbol of the Kinship between Artsakh Soil and the Nation
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
Armenian PM Sends Congratulatory Messages on Eid al-Fitr
Arayik Haroutyunyan Takes First Decision as Karabakh President
President Sarkissian Spoke About the Lanzarote Convention
Larsi Highway Is Open Only For Trucks
Armenia Records 6661 Confirmed Coronavirus Cases
Second Palm Sunday
The Activity on the Protection of the Interests of the People of Artsakh in Germany is Transparent and Legal and will be Continued: Artsakh MFA
PM Gets Acquainted with Agricultural Activities and Intensive Orchards Establishment Programs in Ararat Marz
5-Day Weather Forecast
Starting from the First of September, the Higher Education will be Free in Artsakh
Adversary Attempts Subversive Intrusion, Thrown Back with Casualties: Artsakh Defense Army
US Authorities Mull Option to Conduct First Nuclear Test Since 1992 - Washington Post
Armenia Records 6302 Confirmed Coronavirus Cases
Pakistan Plane Crash Leaves 97 Dead, Two Survivors
Trump Says He Won’t Close the Country if Second Wave of Coronavirus Hits
Two More COVID-19 Patients Recover in Artsakh
Ara Darzi, Outstanding Surgeon, the First Armenian in the House of Lords
Scarecrow Society: Kim Kardashian Responded to Turkish User's Comment on Armenian Genocide
These're My Ancestors…That Were Starved, Raped and Slaughtered: Kim Kardashian about Armenian Genocide
The "Koltso" operation of deportation of Armenian villages of Artsakh
Seerpoohi Elias: Armenian Woman and the First Chief Justice of New Zealand
Armenian Values and Upbringing Always Helped Me: Paul Ignatius, Former US Navy Minister
"I'm Armenian, but I've Never Been in My Homeland'': Anna Der-Vartanian - First Female Master Chief Petty Officer in U.S. Navy
Trump Nominates Patrick Hovakimian as National Intelligence General Counsel
Gandzasar - Artsakh Monastery which Houses the Relics of Saint John the Baptist and Gregory the Illuminator
Armenians Caused the Coronavirus to Plague Us: Garo Paylan Raised the Issue of Attack on Armenian Church in Turkey
Wind: 14 km/h