UN Chief Denounces Netanyahu’s Plans to Annex Parts of West Bank
UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres on Wednesday expressed his concern about Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu’s campaign vow to occupy parts of the West Bank, TASS reports.
"The Secretary-General is concerned by Israeli Prime Minister Netanyahu’s statement declaring his intention, if elected, to annex the Jordan Valley and northern Dead Sea as a first step to applying Israeli sovereignty over all settlements and other areas in the occupied West Bank," the spokesman for the Secretary-General said in a statement.
The UN chief views such actions as "a serious violation of international law."
"They would be devastating to the potential of reviving negotiations and regional peace, while severely undermining the viability of the two-State solution," the statement says.
On Tuesday, Netanyahu said in a televised address that in case he was reelected he would apply Israeli sovereignty over the Jordan valley and the northern part of the Dead Sea.
- Israel Strikes Hamas Targets in Gaza The Israeli military force noted that targets included "weapons and underground infrastructure" belonging to Hamas.
- 'Will not Pass': Palestinian Leader Abbas Rejects Trump's Plan Abbas rejected the deal before it was announced saying the US was hopelessly biased towards Israel.
- Trump Says will Release Middle East Peace Plan by Tuesday Speaking to reporters on Air Force One en route to Miami for a political event, Trump said Palestinians might react negatively to his plan at first, but that it would benefit them.
- Benjamin Netanyahu Rushed Offstage as Rocket Fired from Gaza into Israel (video) Meanwhile, the Israeli military confirmed that the Iron Dome missile defense system intercepted one rocket fired from the Strip.
- Brazil to Move Embassy to Jerusalem The Brazilian president said both before and after he was elected that he would move the embassy, but backed down from the promise earlier this year.
Armenia's PM Visit to Netherlands Postponed
Coronavirus-Infected 78-Year-Old Patient Dies in Yerevan
EU Will Provide €51 Million to Armenia to Fight against COVID-19
April Aggression by Azerbaijan only Strengthened the Determination of Artsakh People: Artsakh MFA
Trump's Net Worth Drops $1 Billion: Forbes
Artsakh Republic President Visited Talish Village
Artsakh has Been and Remains the Victorious Spirit of Our People: Serzh Sargsyan
Number of Coronavirus-Infected Healthcare Workers Increases in Armenia
Central Bank Forecasts 0.7% Economic Growth in Armenia for 2020
Prime Minister Pays Tribute to April War Victims’ Memory
A 68-Year Old Patient Has Died from Coronavirus: Alina Nikoghosyan
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
Zarif Rejects Trump’s Claim amid Tensions in Iraq
Five Employees of Vardashen Penitentiary Security Staff Test Positive for COVID-19
Taliban Ready to Begin Cease-Fires in Virus-Hit Afghan Areas: AP
April is Always Followed by May...
OSCE PA Annual Vancouver Session Canceled Because of COVID-19 - OSCE PA
Armenia Records 663 Confirmed Coronavirus Cases
President Armen Sarkissian Spoke on the Phone with the Renowned Scientist Joseph Babikian
The Statement of the Foreign Ministry of Armenia on the Presidential and Parliamentary Elections held in Artsakh (Nagorno-Karabakh) on March 31
This Is Our Armenian Pizza: Turks Have Lashed Out at Kim Kardashian for Describing Lahmacun as Armenian Pizza (VIDEO)
Garo Paylan: Putin Made Erdogan Sit under the Statue of Catherine the Great who Symbolizes Russia's Victory over the Ottomans
Armenian who Was Born on Ararat Street: Sergey Lavrov – the Unsurpassed Diplomat
Aliyev Angered by Armenian Toponyms on Azerbaijani Museum Maps, Orders New Ones (VIDEO)
French Armenians Alarm About Links Between Paris Mayor Candidate and Azerbaijani Authorities
March 15: Tehlirian’s Bullet Toppled Talaat to the Ground
Kim Kardashian Visits White House with Prisoners She Helped Free
Armenian Coat of Arms Printed on Famous American Rapper's Jacket
Joaquín Caparrós Appointes as Armenian National Team Head Coach
PACE Rapporteur: I Am Astonished And Appalled By The Azerbaijani Government’s Shameful Exploitation Of The Coronavirus Pandemic
Wind: 5 km/h