Tusk: No-Deal Brexit will Never Be Our Decision
Donald Tusk has in effect confirmed that the EU will grant a Brexit delay beyond 31 October, with the terms of the extension of UK membership depending on developments in Westminster, The Guardian reports.
As MPs prepare to have their first vote on the revised Brexit deal, the president of the European council told the European parliament that the EU’s final response to Boris Johnson’s letter seeking an extension would be given “in the coming days”.
Tusk told MEPs in Strasbourg: “The situation is quite complex following events over the weekend in the UK and the British request for an extension of the article 50 process.
“I’m consulting the leaders on how to react and will decide in the coming days. It’s obvious that the result of these consultations will very much depend on what the British parliament decides or doesn’t decide.
“We should be ready for every scenario but one thing must be clear, as I said to Prime Minister Johnson on Saturday, a no-deal Brexit will never be our decision.”
- UK and Japan Agree Historic Free Trade Agreement But it is unclear whether the UK has won an export quota to match the one it had as a member of the EU.
- Boris Johnson Tells EU that Free Trade Deal Must be Done by 15 October In that case, Britain would be ready to find sensible accommodation with the bloc on practical issues such as flights, lorry transport or scientific cooperation, according to the excerpts.
- EU Announced Diplomatic Mission In London The EU External Action shortly after the Brexit issued a statement and announced that the EU’s diplomatic mission in London will be carried out by the EU delegation led by Ambassador diplomat Joao Vale...
- UK PM Johnson Plans 'Respectful' Brexit Celebration After three years of wrangling over whether Brexit should go ahead and how best to do it, Johnson has agreed a deal with the EU that will see Britain continue to abide by the bloc’s rules until the end...
- EU Chiefs Sign Brexit Deal ahead of Parliamentary Vote Then, on Thursday next week, diplomats from the EU member states will approve the deal in writing, ensuring Britain’s orderly departure at midnight on January 31.
OSCE MG Co-Chairs Appeal To the Sides to Cease Hostilities Immediately
Artsakh Defense Army Successfully Repels Azerbaijani Attacks, The Enemy has Losses
Ten Servicemen Die as a Result of Military Actions Unleashed by Azerbaijan in Direction of Artsakh
As of the Moment the CSTO Secretariat has not Received Any Appeals from Armenia: CSTO Spokesperson
Armenia’s Government Declares Marital Law, General Mobilization
Statement of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Artsakh
Azerbaijan Losses 2 Helicopters, 14 UAVs and Armored Vehicles: Defense Army (photos)
Artsakh President Declares Martial Law and Mobilization for Groups above 18
Catholicos Garegin II Cuts Short Italy Visit and Returns to Armenia Amid Azeri Attacks
This is Լife-and-Death Struggle, We Accept It with Nation and will Win it with Nation: Artsakh President
Azerbaijan Planned Military Actions Long before: MOD Spokesperson
Azerbaijan's Large-scale Attack on Artsakh Settlements Has Resulted in Civilian Casualties and Destructions. Human Rights Defender
Armenia’s Armed Forces Hit Azerbaijani UAV: MOD Spokesperson
Armenian Side Has Few Injured as Result of Azerbaijan’s Attack: Vahram Poghosyan
Armenia’s FM in Contact with OSCE Minsk Group co-Chairmanship
Armenia’s MFA: The Military Political Leadership of Azerbaijan Bears Full Responsibility for the Consequences of Their Aggression
Adversary Suffers Human and Technical Losses, in Particular 3 Tanks: MOD
Armenian PM Says Opponent Launched Offensive in Artsakh Direction
Armenia’s Defense Minister Briefs the Situation to Andrzej Kasprzyk
Serbian President Congratulates Armenian Counterpart on Independence Day
Declaration on Proclamation of the Nagorno Karabakh Republic
Artsakh Women Participate in 1-Week Combat Preparedness Training at Initiative of Armenian PM’s Wife (PHOTOS)
Ancient Armenian Fortress Surfaces from under Lake Van
Artsakh Republic President Approved the New Composition of the Security Council of the Country
ICRC Representatives Visited Armenian Captives In Azerbaijan
Internal investigation Will Reveal All Circumstances of Disappearance of the Armenian Officer - Defense Minister
Azerbaijani Side Launches New Fortification Works on the Border, Armenian Side Suspends such Activities
Armenia, Artsakh ex-President Kocharyan: Nagorno-Karabakh Republic Has Never Been Part of Independent Azerbaijan
Armenia Records 47877 Confirmed Coronavirus Cases
OSCE Minsk Group Co-Chairs Invited the Ministers of Armenia and Azerbaijan to Meet Individually
Wind: 8 km/h