Artur Javadyan: Central Bank is Concerned About Growth Rate of Consumer Loans
Now the Central Bank plans to introduce two new indicators: one will relate to credit and income, and the other to credit and collateral, Armenian Central Bank chair Artur Javadyan told reporters on Thursday.
Banks provided unprecedented consumer and mortgage loans this year, the volumes of which increased by about 30-40%, while household incomes did not increase significantly during this period. Thus, significant risks arose for both banks and citizens.
"We are concerned about the growth rate of consumer loans, so our actions will be aimed at reducing these growth rates. On the other hand, we are conducting large-scale events to increase the financial literacy of the population," said.
According to him, their policy should be direct lending to the export sector, industry and business.
- Armenian Parliament Approves 2019 State Budget Performance Annual Report Earlier today head of the opposition Bright Armenia faction Edmon Marukyan informed that they would vote against the report.
- IMF to Provide $ 248.2 Million to Armenia to Fight COVID-19 Consequences As a result of talks with the IMF representatives, an agreement was reached on the use of the funds as direct budget support to finance socio-economic consequences.
- US State Department: Armenia met minimum requirements of fiscal transparency for 2020 Two other neighbors of Armenia, Russia and Iran, are not included in the report.
- Armenia’s Economic Growth in 2020 Will Be Negative Due to COVID-19, New CBA President Says According to our estimations, Armenia’s economic growth based on the results of 2020 will be negative, significantly lower from our previous prediction. The most affected sectors from the pandemic are...
- Armenian Public Services Regulatory Commission Will Soon Publish New Gas Tariffs "We hope that the desired result will be achieved for everyone. In any case, we hope that the result will not lead to a worsening of the situation for the main social groups," he added.
Ararat Danielyan Appointed Adviser to Artsakh President
Artsakh's Foreign Minister Sent Thank-You Letters to a Group of US Congressmen
Armenia PM Appoints New Head of Department
Status of Hagia Sophia Can Be Changed by Presidential Decree
Greece Urges Turkey to Keep Hagia Sophia as Museum
Erdogan Vows Social Media Controls over Insults to Family
Natural Gas Supply to Armenia is Temporarily Suspended
Armenia Gets One-Year Customs Tax Break Within EEU Framework
The Government Approved the Agreement on Commercial Cooperation Between Armenia and Kazakhstan
US Urges Turkey to Keep Saint Sophia as Museum
Health Minister: Rehabilitation Units of Armenian Hospitals Overloaded
Artsakh President Approved the Government’s Decisions
Armenia Records 26658 Confirmed Coronavirus Cases
Feast of the Holy Translators St. Sahak and St. Mesrop
Republican Party of Armenia Supreme Body Holds Session Chaired by Serzh Sargsyan
Ten Thousand COVID-19 Tests Reach Armenia
PM: Compliance with three Primary Safety Rules Should be a Matter of Daily Responsibility
In Near Future I'll Try to Give more Detailed Explanations on All Issues: Armenia's 2nd President
Arayik Harutyunyan Awarded Shoushi Technological University lecturer Artyusha Harutyunyan
Nikol Pashinyan Conveys Congratulations to Justin Trudeau
''Nasty Armenian'': Turkish Singer Sued for Insulting Armenians in a Post Addressed to Kim Kardashian
Karen Bekaryan: Nikol Pashinyan Has Forgotten that His Mission Is to Represent and Advocate the Interests of His Country
Reddit Cofounder Alexis Ohanian Resigns from Board, Urges Seat Be Filled by Black Candidate
Greek Defence Minister: Turkey’s Behaviour is Aggressive But Our Powerful Armed Forces is a Deterrent
Government Approves 22nd Anti-Crisis Program: Unemployed Citizens to Receive Lump-Sum Assistance at the Rate of the Minimum Wage
Turkey Drew Up Plans to Invade Greece and Armenia: Jerusalem Post
ANCA Calls for Robust US Funding for Artsakh
Armenia’s Government Should Oppose Turkey Attempts to Take Over Armenian Properties in Jerusalem
Comment by the Foreign Ministry Spokesperson Anna Naghdalyan Regarding Bellicose Statements of Various Circles of Azerbaijani Authorities
Armenia PM: Constitutional Court President will be Dismissed, Powers of CC Members will Terminate in a Few Hours
Wind: 13 km/h