The President of Armenian Football Federation Resigns From Office
The President of the Football Federation of Armenia (FFA) Artur Vanetsyan resigned from office on Thursday. The decision was made at the FFA Executive Committee session that addressed the current situation around the Armenian footbal, ''Panorama.am'' reports.
“Our football team suffered a major defeat in Italy which is quite concerning. During today’s discussion I suggested to accept my resignation,” Vanetsyan told reporters following the meeting. The Executive Committee will meet on December 23 to elect a new president.
To remind, Vanetsyan, who earlier served as the Chief of National Security Service (NSS) of Armenia was elected the president of the country’s Football Federation last year. The resignation comes after the Armenian national football team suffered the biggest defeat in its history losing to Italy 9 - 1 in the last qualifier for the 2020 European Championship on Monday.
- FIFA Revealed the First FIFA/Coca-Cola World Rankings of the Year Belgium continues to hold the top place.
- Eduard Spertsyan Will Play for Armenian National Team Eduard Spertsyan was born in Krasnodar on June 7, 2000.
- Iranian Champion Dedicates his Gold Medal to the Family of Armenian Athlete Killed in the Artsakh War On January 13, the Iranian athlete delivered his gold medal to Gor Shahverdyan, third secretary of the Embassy of Armenia in the I.R. of Iran to be presented to Sukiasyans in Armenia.
- Henrikh Mkhitaryan is the Player of the Year in Armenia FC Astana midfielder Tigran Barseghyan is in second place with 79 points.
- Gianni Infantiono Sent a Letter of Condolence on the Passing of Arkady Andriasyan Legend of Armenian Football, awarded the Master of Sport of the USSR title in 1971, the Honored Coach of the Armenian SSR title in 1982 and the Order For Merit to the Fatherland of Armenia in 2011, his...
Russia Peacekeepers in Artsakh Help Resume Operation of Lachin Hydroelectric Power Plant
Armenia Army Demands Resignation of PM Pashinyan, Government
Aliyev’s ‘Fake’ Totally Disclosed Now – Karen Bekaryan (Tert.am)
Aurora Prize Selection Committee Member Bernard Kouchner Visits Armenia and Artsakh
Armenia Records 171227 Confirmed Coronavirus Cases
Stepantsminda-Larsi Highway is Closed
Sarkissian Considered Tackling the Issues of Returning Armenian POWs at the Meeting with Rustam Muradov
Armenian President Receives EU Special Representative for South Caucasus
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
MPs Investigate Mutiny and AWOL at Armenian Military Base
Georgia Simplifies Entry for Armenia Citizens
2021 UEFA Women’s and Men’s Under-19 Championships Cancelled
Novel Coronavirus Strains Continue to Spread Worldwide, WHO Says
Iskander Handed over to Armenian Side on High Level, no Problems can be with It - Armenia's Ex-Minister
Artsakh Reports 1 New Case of COVID-19 in Past Day
Armenia National Flag is Blessed in Iraq’s Erbil (PHOTOS)
Armenia Records 170945 Confirmed Coronavirus Cases
COVID-19 Lethality Worldwide Decreases by 20% in One Week
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
Ara Saghatelyan Bears the State Feeling Inside, for it One Should Have Relevant Upbringing, Skills, Experience, While Today We are Living Under the Rule of Ill-Mannered - Karen Bekaryan
US Condemns Demolition of Armenian Church in Turkey
4 More Bodies of Fallen Servicemen Found During Search Operations, Artsakh Authorities Say
3,577 Bodies Passed Forensic Examination, DNA Analysis of Other 428 in Process
Russia to Resume Air Service with Azerbaijan, Armenia Starting February 15
US Troop Withdrawal from Germany ‘Put on Freeze’
Garegin Nzhdeh Statue not Demolished in Martuni Town of Artsakh
Turkish State Channel Showed a Map of Expanding Influence on Armenia, Georgia and a Number of Territories of Russia
Air Temperature to Rise in Armenia by 5-6 Degrees
Joe Biden Has First Conversation with Xi Jinping as US President
No Bodies Found During Search Operations on Thursday, Artsakh Authorities Say
Wind: 4 km/h