The President of Armenian Football Federation Resigns From Office
The President of the Football Federation of Armenia (FFA) Artur Vanetsyan resigned from office on Thursday. The decision was made at the FFA Executive Committee session that addressed the current situation around the Armenian footbal, ''Panorama.am'' reports.
“Our football team suffered a major defeat in Italy which is quite concerning. During today’s discussion I suggested to accept my resignation,” Vanetsyan told reporters following the meeting. The Executive Committee will meet on December 23 to elect a new president.
To remind, Vanetsyan, who earlier served as the Chief of National Security Service (NSS) of Armenia was elected the president of the country’s Football Federation last year. The resignation comes after the Armenian national football team suffered the biggest defeat in its history losing to Italy 9 - 1 in the last qualifier for the 2020 European Championship on Monday.
- FIFA Revealed the First FIFA/Coca-Cola World Rankings of the Year Belgium continues to hold the top place.
- Eduard Spertsyan Will Play for Armenian National Team Eduard Spertsyan was born in Krasnodar on June 7, 2000.
- Iranian Champion Dedicates his Gold Medal to the Family of Armenian Athlete Killed in the Artsakh War On January 13, the Iranian athlete delivered his gold medal to Gor Shahverdyan, third secretary of the Embassy of Armenia in the I.R. of Iran to be presented to Sukiasyans in Armenia.
- Henrikh Mkhitaryan is the Player of the Year in Armenia FC Astana midfielder Tigran Barseghyan is in second place with 79 points.
- Gianni Infantiono Sent a Letter of Condolence on the Passing of Arkady Andriasyan Legend of Armenian Football, awarded the Master of Sport of the USSR title in 1971, the Honored Coach of the Armenian SSR title in 1982 and the Order For Merit to the Fatherland of Armenia in 2011, his...
Armenia Records 172216 Confirmed Coronavirus Cases
President Sarkissian Calls for Tolerance and Solidarity
The Process of "Determination" of the Borders with Azerbaijan Contradicts the Principles of International Law. Ombudsman
Artsakh MFA: The Sumgait Massacre Marked The Beginning Of A Whole Series Of Crimes Against Humanity
About 480 Trucks Accumulated On The Russian Side Of The Larsi
Sunday of the Lost (Prodigal) Sun
Press Conference of Ilham Aliyev Was Another Manifestation of Hate Speech towards the Armenian People: Armenia's MFA
Draft Decree on Resignation of the Chief of the General Staff Sent to the President Again
Armenia’s President Doesn't Sign PM’s Draft Decree to Release Chief of Armenian Armed Forces Onik Gasparyan, Returns With Objections
Armenian, Russian Defense Ministers Hold Phone Talk
Unlawful Attacks on Medical Facilities and Personnel in Karabakh: Human Rights Watch
Armenia President, Ombudsman Meet, Discuss Issue of Return of Captives
Statement by the Foreign Ministry of Armenia on the 33rd Anniversary of the Anti-Armenian Massacres in Sumgait
Armenia Records 171793 Confirmed Coronavirus Cases
Aram I: Armenia Is On Edge of Abyss
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
Armen Sarkissian Met with Vazgen Manukyan, Arthur Vanetsyan, Vahram Baghdasaryan, and Artsvik Minasyan
Murders of Armenian Civilians in Hadrut Described as War Crimes by UN High Commissioner for Human Rights – Armenia’s MFA
Armenia's President Visits Chief of General Staff of Armed Forces Onik Gasparyan
Armen Sarkissian Met with the Leaders of the NA "My Step", "Bright Armenia" Factions and the Secretary of the "Prosperous Armenia" Faction
4 More Bodies of Fallen Servicemen Found During Search Operations, Artsakh Authorities Say
Artsakh: Search Օperation not to Be Conducted Today Due to Weather Conditions
3,577 Bodies Passed Forensic Examination, DNA Analysis of Other 428 in Process
Russia to Resume Air Service with Azerbaijan, Armenia Starting February 15
US Troop Withdrawal from Germany ‘Put on Freeze’
Garegin Nzhdeh Statue not Demolished in Martuni Town of Artsakh
Turkish State Channel Showed a Map of Expanding Influence on Armenia, Georgia and a Number of Territories of Russia
Air Temperature to Rise in Armenia by 5-6 Degrees
Joe Biden Has First Conversation with Xi Jinping as US President
No Bodies Found During Search Operations on Thursday, Artsakh Authorities Say
Wind: 4 km/h