FIDE Bans Organizer of Turkish Tournament who Asked Armenian Delegate to Cancel Participation: Maria Gevorgyan
Armenia’s chess champion Maria Gevorgyan said the FIDE had banned organizers of Sivas Buruciye international tournament hosted by Turkey after the scandal involving her and Azerbaijani delegate.
Back in 2019 Maria Gevorgyan received an invitation to participate in the tournament, but several days later got a letter from the organizer Mustafa Eroglu who told her that her ticket and accommodation had been canceled as the Azerbaijani delegates refused to participate in the tournament if she did.
“FIDE has banned Mustafa Eroglu, the organizer of the Sivas Buruciye international tournament. He will no longer be able to organize tournaments. The problem is that the organizer was banned, but Azerbaijani chess player who put forward the demand was not,” she said in an exclusive interview with NEWS.am Sport.
“The Armenian chess federation also believes that the chess player who had put forward such a demand has to be punished, but I was too busy to deal with the matter. However, we will be consistent, and everyone will be punished over this incident”.
- Jose Mourinho Volunteers to Help Elderly Residents Affected by Coronavirus Crisis The charity has been delivering essential goods to elderly members of society who have been advised to stay in quarantine for the next 12 weeks.
- It's very important to go forward step by step: Joaquin Caparros The fact that Gines Melendez and Antonio flores, who were my tutors during coaching courses in Spain, are working here, but decisive factor was the program of the FFA.
- Joaquín Caparrós Appointes as Armenian National Team Head Coach Jouaquin Capparos was born in Spanish municipality Utreta on March 15, 1955.
- UEFA Nations League: Armenian National Team Group stage matches will be held in September-November 2020.
- Henrikh Mkhitaryan: I Received Threats from Azerbaijanis (VIDEO) In an interview 31-year-old midfielder shared his memories of the key episodes of his career, problems of Armenian football and threats from Azerbaijanis as well as relations with Jurgen Klopp and Jose...
Armenia's PM Visit to Netherlands Postponed
Coronavirus-Infected 78-Year-Old Patient Dies in Yerevan
EU Will Provide €51 Million to Armenia to Fight against COVID-19
April Aggression by Azerbaijan only Strengthened the Determination of Artsakh People: Artsakh MFA
Trump's Net Worth Drops $1 Billion: Forbes
Artsakh Republic President Visited Talish Village
Artsakh has Been and Remains the Victorious Spirit of Our People: Serzh Sargsyan
Number of Coronavirus-Infected Healthcare Workers Increases in Armenia
Central Bank Forecasts 0.7% Economic Growth in Armenia for 2020
Prime Minister Pays Tribute to April War Victims’ Memory
A 68-Year Old Patient Has Died from Coronavirus: Alina Nikoghosyan
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
Zarif Rejects Trump’s Claim amid Tensions in Iraq
Five Employees of Vardashen Penitentiary Security Staff Test Positive for COVID-19
Taliban Ready to Begin Cease-Fires in Virus-Hit Afghan Areas: AP
April is Always Followed by May...
OSCE PA Annual Vancouver Session Canceled Because of COVID-19 - OSCE PA
Armenia Records 663 Confirmed Coronavirus Cases
President Armen Sarkissian Spoke on the Phone with the Renowned Scientist Joseph Babikian
The Statement of the Foreign Ministry of Armenia on the Presidential and Parliamentary Elections held in Artsakh (Nagorno-Karabakh) on March 31
This Is Our Armenian Pizza: Turks Have Lashed Out at Kim Kardashian for Describing Lahmacun as Armenian Pizza (VIDEO)
Garo Paylan: Putin Made Erdogan Sit under the Statue of Catherine the Great who Symbolizes Russia's Victory over the Ottomans
Armenian who Was Born on Ararat Street: Sergey Lavrov – the Unsurpassed Diplomat
Aliyev Angered by Armenian Toponyms on Azerbaijani Museum Maps, Orders New Ones (VIDEO)
French Armenians Alarm About Links Between Paris Mayor Candidate and Azerbaijani Authorities
March 15: Tehlirian’s Bullet Toppled Talaat to the Ground
Kim Kardashian Visits White House with Prisoners She Helped Free
Armenian Coat of Arms Printed on Famous American Rapper's Jacket
Joaquín Caparrós Appointes as Armenian National Team Head Coach
PACE Rapporteur: I Am Astonished And Appalled By The Azerbaijani Government’s Shameful Exploitation Of The Coronavirus Pandemic
Wind: 5 km/h