Karabakh Conflict Must be Settled Within Framework of OSCE Minsk Group, Says Pompeo
The OSCE Minsk Group should be a framework for the settlement of the Nagorno-Karabakh [(Artsakh)] conflict. The statement came from US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo in an interview with Le Figaro on Monday, following talks with French President Emmanuel Macron and Foreign Minister Jean-Yves Le Drian in Paris, TASS reports.
The United States, along with France and Russia, are co-chairs of the Minsk Group whose main goal is to resolve the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict, and is within this framework that the situation must be resolved, Pompeo said, News.am reports.
At the same time, he noted that the United States is concerned about the growth of Turkey's military potential. Europe and the United States must seek together to persuade Turkish president Recep Tayyip Erdogan that such actions are not in the interests of his people, he Pompeo added.
He said that they discussed at length with President Macron the recent actions of Turkey and agreed that they are very aggressive—be it its support for Azerbaijan or the deployment of Syrian forces in the region, Pompeo said.
The US position is that the internationalization of these conflicts is destructive and harms all concerned countries, he added. That is why they have called on to all countries to stop intervening in Libya, and the same applies to the situation in Azerbaijan, the US Secretary of State explained.
- Bill Urging Azerbaijan to Release Armenian POWs Coming to Congress Armenian Caucus leaders circulated a letter to their U.S. House colleagues asking them to join as original cosponsors of the measure, set to be introduced in the next week.
- Statement of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Artsakh Indeed, Azerbaijan is detaining such persons for the very purpose of leverage to promote its position in the ongoing implementation of its strategic objectives against the Republic of Artsakh and the Republic...
- Nikol Pashinyan And Vladimir Putin Held a Telephone Conversation Prime Minister of Armenia Nikol Pashinyan held a telephone conversation with Russian President Vladimir Putin.
- The Video Conference of the Foreign Minister of Armenia with the OSCE Minsk Group Co-Chairs In this context, Minister Aivazian reiterated the commitment of the Armenian side to continue the efforts for a peaceful settlement under the auspices of the OSCE Minsk Group Co-Chairmanship, as the only...
- 106 Bodies Azerbaijan Handed over to Armenian Side Believed to be Buried and Exhumed Before Transfer The total number of bodies found in the course of search work and transferred by Azerbaijan was 1,485.
- Armenian Ambassador to Attend Biden Inauguration The inauguration will take place on January 20 and will be attended by the foreign ambassadors accredited in the US.
- Biden Administration to Have Another American Armenian Official He will work under the executive Office of Presidential Personnel, which regulates and vets all potential staff members working under the President’s administration.
- More than 100 Individuals Arrested for Capitol Hill Riots, Says FBI The Justice Department also announced on Thursday evening that the FBI had received more than 140,000 tips identifying rioters and had opened about 200 subject case files. The department has also launched...
- Congress Calls on US Intelligence to Submit Report on Azerbaijan Aggression Against Artsakh The Congressional request for the Artsakh report is included in the Fiscal Year 2021 (FY2021) foreign aid bill (H.R.133), adopted by the House in parallel to the COVID-19 stimulus package earlier Monday.
- Cher Appeals to US Government to Help Armenia, Artsakh (VIDEO) The video was published by American-Armenian filmmaker Eric Esrailian.
5-Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
There Should Be No Flags and Signs on Roads or in Immediate Vicinity of Villages in Syunik Province: Arman Tatoyan
Armenia Records 174679 Confirmed Coronavirus Cases
Bill Urging Azerbaijan to Release Armenian POWs Coming to Congress
Sunday of Steward
Some Roads are Closed in Armenia
Armenia’s President Requests Meeting With Homeland Salvation Movement Leaders- Ishkhan Saghatelyan
Pope Francis, Ayatollah Ali al-Sistani Hold Closed Meeting in Iraq
In Armenia the Air Temperature Will Gradually Go Down
Armenian, Iranian FMs Discuss Issues of Regional Security and Stability
Demilitarized Buffer Zone Needs to Be Created in Syunik Province to Guarantee Residents' Rights: Armenia Ombudsman:
Joe Biden Extends Sanctions Against Iran for Another Year
Armenia Records 174257 Confirmed Coronavirus Cases
Some Roads are Closed in Armenia
Marcos Pizzelli Appointed FFA ambassador in South America
Pashinyan Holds Phone Conversation with U.S. Secretary of State Antony J. Blinken
Serzh Sargsyan Paid Tribute in Memory of Vazgen Sargsyan in Yerablur
The Vatican Emphasizes Russia’s Role in Karabakh Conflict Settlement Process
Iran’s IRGC Foils Hijack Attempt on Ahvaz-Mashhad Flight
On Behalf of the President of the Republic, Flowers were Laid on Vazgen Sargsyan's Grave and at the Monument Perpetuating His Memory
A Wider Alliance Should Be Formed to Oppose Erdogan's Aggressive Policy
Armenia National Flag is Blessed in Iraq’s Erbil (PHOTOS)
4 More Bodies of Fallen Servicemen Found During Search Operations, Artsakh Authorities Say
Artsakh: Search Օperation not to Be Conducted Today Due to Weather Conditions
3,577 Bodies Passed Forensic Examination, DNA Analysis of Other 428 in Process
Garegin Nzhdeh Statue not Demolished in Martuni Town of Artsakh
Turkish State Channel Showed a Map of Expanding Influence on Armenia, Georgia and a Number of Territories of Russia
Search Works of Bodies of Killed Servicemen Resume
Search Operations for War Casualties in Areas Beyond Artsakh’s Control Suspended Indefinitely
Joe Biden Has First Conversation with Xi Jinping as US President
Wind: 9 km/h