Karabakh Conflict Must be Settled Within Framework of OSCE Minsk Group, Says Pompeo
The OSCE Minsk Group should be a framework for the settlement of the Nagorno-Karabakh [(Artsakh)] conflict. The statement came from US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo in an interview with Le Figaro on Monday, following talks with French President Emmanuel Macron and Foreign Minister Jean-Yves Le Drian in Paris, TASS reports.
The United States, along with France and Russia, are co-chairs of the Minsk Group whose main goal is to resolve the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict, and is within this framework that the situation must be resolved, Pompeo said, News.am reports.
At the same time, he noted that the United States is concerned about the growth of Turkey's military potential. Europe and the United States must seek together to persuade Turkish president Recep Tayyip Erdogan that such actions are not in the interests of his people, he Pompeo added.
He said that they discussed at length with President Macron the recent actions of Turkey and agreed that they are very aggressive—be it its support for Azerbaijan or the deployment of Syrian forces in the region, Pompeo said.
The US position is that the internationalization of these conflicts is destructive and harms all concerned countries, he added. That is why they have called on to all countries to stop intervening in Libya, and the same applies to the situation in Azerbaijan, the US Secretary of State explained.
- Minister of Foreign Affairs of Artsakh Sent Letters to International Structures in Connection with Armenian Prisoners of War and Civilians Detained by Azerbaijan The Minister of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Artsakh invites to undertake urgent measures to ensure Azerbaijan’s implementation of the Geneva Conventions and to require official Baku to fulfill...
- Russia’s FM Says Now not the Best Time to Discuss Nagorno Karabakh Status “I am hopeful that the emotions will now be pushed back. By the way this is the reason why now is not the best time to push the subject of Nagorno Karabakh status as a priority, it remains for future,”...
- Russian Peacekeepers Start Demining Outskirts of Artsakh’s Martakert Discovered explosive objects and unexploded ammunition are removed and destroyed at a specially equipped landfill. Ammunition that cannot be evacuated is destroyed on the spot with all necessary safety...
- Artsakh Emergency Service: One of 3 fallen Soldiers Found Sunday is Identified According to him, the bodies of a total of 1,238 fallen service
- Turkey Informs About Composition of Turkish-Russian ceasefire Monitoring Center in Karabakh “If a need emerges in the future, Turkey will reach an agreement with Azerbaijan and always provide the necessary support,” the Turkish minister added.
- Armenian Ambassador to Attend Biden Inauguration The inauguration will take place on January 20 and will be attended by the foreign ambassadors accredited in the US.
- Biden Administration to Have Another American Armenian Official He will work under the executive Office of Presidential Personnel, which regulates and vets all potential staff members working under the President’s administration.
- More than 100 Individuals Arrested for Capitol Hill Riots, Says FBI The Justice Department also announced on Thursday evening that the FBI had received more than 140,000 tips identifying rioters and had opened about 200 subject case files. The department has also launched...
- Congress Calls on US Intelligence to Submit Report on Azerbaijan Aggression Against Artsakh The Congressional request for the Artsakh report is included in the Fiscal Year 2021 (FY2021) foreign aid bill (H.R.133), adopted by the House in parallel to the COVID-19 stimulus package earlier Monday.
- Cher Appeals to US Government to Help Armenia, Artsakh (VIDEO) The video was published by American-Armenian filmmaker Eric Esrailian.
Minister of Foreign Affairs of Artsakh Sent Letters to International Structures in Connection with Armenian Prisoners of War and Civilians Detained by Azerbaijan
Bodies of 7 Servicemen And 1 Civilian Found During Search Works in Karabakh
Armenia Records 164912 Confirmed Coronavirus Cases
Some Roads are Closed in Armenia
Iran, Turkey Ink 3 Railroad Deals
India Moves ahead to Procure more MiG-29s and Sukhois
Russia’s FM Says Now not the Best Time to Discuss Nagorno Karabakh Status
Armenian Ambassador to Attend Biden Inauguration
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
Armenia's PM Replaces Head of his Staff Eduard Aghajanyan with Released Health Minister Arsen Torosyan
Foreign Minister of Artsakh Received Representatives of the ARF Dashnaktsutyun Supreme Body of Armenia and Central Committee of Artsakh
COVID-Infected President Sarkissian to Be Discharged from Hospital Soon
Armenia Central Bank Issues New Collector Coins
President’s Office confirms receiving PM’s motion on dismissing Healthcare Minister Arsen Torosyan
Iran jails U.S. Businessman, Possibly Jeopardizing Biden's Plans for Diplomacy with Tehran
Global Coronavirus Cases Top 95 mln
European Parliament, EU Foreign Ministers to Discuss Navalny’s Detention
Ombudsman Applies to OSCE Minsk Group Co-Chairs Over Return of Armenian POWs from Azerbaijan
Russian Peacekeepers Start Demining Outskirts of Artsakh’s Martakert
Azerbaijani President’s Statements Became Slogans Inspiring Atrocities Against Armenians in Artsakh War, Armenian Ombudsman Says
Lavrov: No Provocations Against Russian Peacekeepers in Nagorno-Karabakh
Azerbaijan President's Statement Contradicts point 8 of Statement Signed on November 9, 2020: Arman Tatoyan
Artsakh Authorities Find More Bodies of Fallen Troops in Ongoing Search Operations
Artsakh Security Chief: We Could Have Avoided the War
Colorado Identifies First Known Case of UK Coronavirus Variant in US
Armenia to Import 2,250 Goods from Iran Instead of Turkey
Bodies of 1,111 Fallen Armenian Soldiers Retrieved So Far: Artsakh Emergency Service
Let's Believe that 2021 Will Restore Our Lost Dignity
Armenian, Azerbaijani Intelligence Chiefs Discuss PoW Exchange at Moscow-Mediated Meeting
Armenia Ombudsman: What Azerbaijan Military has Done is Step with Clear Intention to Intimidate Civilians
Wind: 5 km/h