Congress Calls on US Intelligence to Submit Report on Azerbaijan Aggression Against Artsakh
Congress is calling on US Administration to provide a detailed report on aggression in and around Artsakh (Nagorno-Karabakh), demanding a detailed analysis of the impact of US military aid to Azerbaijan and Armenia and its ramifications on the balance of power in the Caucasus region, reported the Armenian National Committee of America (ANCA).
“We welcome this new statutory requirement that the Director of National Intelligence formally report to Congress on Artsakh – drawing upon the full resources of the U.S. intelligence community to identify the initiator of force against Artsakh and on the Armenia-Azerbaijan border,” said ANCA Executive Director Aram Hamparian. “We are confident that this report – and the facts it will confirm about Azerbaijan’s ongoing aggression – will serve as a sound basis upon which the incoming Biden Administration can formally end the Trump Administration’s reckless $120 million military aid program to Azerbaijan’s oil-rich, corrupt, and violent Aliyev family.”
The Congressional request for the Artsakh report is included in the Fiscal Year 2021 (FY2021) foreign aid bill (H.R.133), adopted by the House in parallel to the COVID-19 stimulus package earlier Monday, News.am reports.
The FY2021 foreign aid bill also includes two key restrictions on U.S. military aid to Turkey, blocking funds for the transfer of F-35 aircraft or related weapons systems and stopping aid to the Turkish Presidential Protection Directorate (TPPD), in response to the 2017 Erdogan-ordered attack against peaceful US protesters in Washington, DC.
- France Calls for Release of all Armenian POWs The ministry of foreign affairs of France has called for the release of all Armenian prisoners of war who are held captive in Azerbaijan
- OSCE Minsk Group Co-Chairs Return, New Agenda Is Being Formed The statements of the OSCE Minsk Group Co-Chairs and the messages coming from the Co-Chair countries indicate activation of this format.
- Minister of Foreign Affairs of Artsakh Sent Letters to the UN SG and Specialized Bodies The letters in particular state, that the forced evictions carried out by Azerbaijan in Shoushi violate, directly and indirectly, the full spectrum of civil, cultural, economic, political and social rights...
- Azerbaijanis Destroy Armenian Cemetery in the Village of Mets Tagher An Armenian cemetery in the village of Mets Tagher was recently destroyed.
- Armenia MFA Issues Statement over Construction Works Being Carried out by Azerbaijan in Shushi’s Ghazanchetsots Church In this situation, all the concerns of the Armenian side that these actions of Azerbaijan are manifestations of vandalism, aimed at depriving the Shushi Mother Cathedral of its Armenian identity are more...
- Biden Sued by 12 States over Climate Executive Order It alleges that Biden’s Executive Order 13990, titled “Protecting Public Health and the Environment and Restoring Science to Tackle the Climate Crisis,” does not have the authority to issue binding...
- Armenian Ambassador to Attend Biden Inauguration The inauguration will take place on January 20 and will be attended by the foreign ambassadors accredited in the US.
- Biden Administration to Have Another American Armenian Official He will work under the executive Office of Presidential Personnel, which regulates and vets all potential staff members working under the President’s administration.
- More than 100 Individuals Arrested for Capitol Hill Riots, Says FBI The Justice Department also announced on Thursday evening that the FBI had received more than 140,000 tips identifying rioters and had opened about 200 subject case files. The department has also launched...
- Karabakh Conflict Must be Settled Within Framework of OSCE Minsk Group, Says Pompeo The United States, along with France and Russia, are co-chairs of the Minsk Group whose main goal is to resolve the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict, and is within this framework that the situation must be resolved,...
Embassy of Armenia in Russia Condemns Act of Vandalism against Armenian Cemetery in Yaroslavl Region
Turkish Defense Ministry Uses Word ''Genocide'' then Deletes It
Armenia has returned all Azerbaijani POWs: Anna Naghdalyan
Minister of Foreign Affairs of Artsakh Sent Letters to the OCSE Minsk Group Co-Chairs and the PR of the OSCE CiO on the Threat to Water Security of Artsakh
5-Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
Armenia Records 218681 Confirmed Coronavirus Cases
Canada Calls for Release of All Armenian Captives
France Calls for Release of all Armenian POWs
U.S. Considering 'Additional' Military Assistance To Ukraine, Blinken Tells
Some Road in Armenia is Difficult to Pass
OSCE Minsk Group Co-Chairs Return, New Agenda Is Being Formed
Armenian Foreign Ministry Salutes Declaration of Latvia's Parliament Recognizing Armenian Genocide
Robert Kocharyan, ARF-D and Opposition "Reviving Armenia" Party to Hold Rally on May 9 in Yerevan
The Peace Process Needs to be Resumed in Order to Reach a Final Settlement of the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict: Nikol Pashinyan to Sergey Lavrov
5-Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
Lavrov Confident POW Issue Will Be Soon Solved
Artsakh to Develop New Concept Paper on Agriculture Development
Sergey Lavrov, Ara Aivazian Visit Victory Park in Yerevan
Reviving Armenia Party to Run in Snap Parliamentary Elections with ex-President Kocharyan-led Bloc
Lavrov Responds to Aliyev's 'Zangezur Corridor' Claims
Even if Biden Uses the Term "Genocide", it Wouldn't Be Right to Consider it as Final Recognition: Interview with Harut Sassounian (Exclusive)
Armenian-Australian Community Appeals to Prime Minister Scott Morrison to Recognize the Armenian Genocide
The Feelings and Emotions We Had During the 44-Day War in Artsakh: Interview with the Author of the Book "On This Side of the Window"
Armenia's Ombudsman Addresses CoE Committee of Ministers for Immediate Return of Armenian POWs in Azerbaijan
Can’t Rely on Their Mood: Lavrov Excoriates Washington’s 'Dead-End' Policy toward Russia
Silent Protest Demanding the Return of Armenian PoWs Canceled in Warsaw Due to Turkish-Azerbaijani Threats
OSCE Minsk Group Co-Chairs Call on Parties to Resume Dialogue Under their Auspices at Earliest Opportunity
Artsakh Reports 8 Daily Coronavirus Cases
The Tragic Events in Maragha will Remain an Incurable Wound in the Memory of Our People: Armenia's MFA
Secretary of State Blinken Visits Afghanistan Day After US Announces Plans for Withdrawal
Wind: 10 km/h