Moldova Demands Withdrawal of Russian Peacekeeping Forces
The Prime Minister of Moldova, Valery Strelets during his speech at the 70th session of the UN General Assembly in New York demanded the withdrawal of Russian peacekeepers from Transnistria and deployment of International Civilian Mission in the region, gazeta.ru writes.
We reiterate our firm position in relation to requiring the withdrawal of Russian troops and arms from the territory of Moldova in accordance with our constitution and international obligations. We believe that the peacekeeping operation has fulfilled its mandate and should be transformed into a civil mission with an appropriate international mandate," he said.
Sterlets also said that Moldova will move towards a peaceful settlement of the conflict by restoring confidence and promote dialogue, in spite of internal and external challenges.
Other materials on this subject
- Moldova's Fledgling Government Brought Down by no Confidence Vote Parties now have 90 days to try to form a new government. If they fail to do so, another parliamentary election would be called.
- Political Crisis in Moldova: Will There Be an End to the Dual Power? In Moldova, the dual power established since Saturday continues, President Igor Dodon has summoned a Security Council session. He has canceled the decree on dissolving the parliament.
- Moldova Court Relieves Dodon of Duty as President Dodon is a former chief of the Socialist party and backed the formation of the new government.
- Moldova Court Suspends President Dodon The court reportedly relieved Dodon of his duties because he failed to approve any candidate put forward by the prime minister to appoint two subordinate ministers.
- The Constitutional Court Suspended Moldovan President's power: What Does It Mean? For the first time the part of Dodon’s power was taken away in October. Then he twice rejected the candidacy of Eugen Sturza, proposed for the post of Minister of Defense.
The regular session of the Anti-corruption Policy Council takes place in Jermuk
The Prime Minister sends congratulatory messages to the supreme leader of Iran and the President of Iran
Armenia sends earthquake aid to Turkey
Commemoration of the Pontiff St. Sahak Partev
Some roads are closed and difficult to pass in Armenia
Phone conversation of the Foreign Minister of Armenia with the U.S. Assistant Secretary of State for European and Eurasian Affairs
Prime Minister Pashinyan and President Khachaturyan meet
Ararat Mirzoyan with Co-Chairman of the OSCE Minsk Group of France Brice Roquefeuil
Humans could land on Mars within 10 years, Musk predicts
France, US urge 'immediate' end to Nagorno Karabakh blockade
Blockaded Nagorno Karabakh launches fundraiser to support quake-hit Syria
Earthquake death toll in Turkey rises to 18,342
Ararat Mirzoyan Held a Telephone Conversation with Sergey Lavrov
French president rules out fighter jet supplies to Ukraine in near future
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
President Vahagn Khachaturyan wrote a note in the book of condolences opened in the Embassy of Syria in Armenia
Azerbaijan’s provocations impede establishment of peace and stability – Armenian FM tells Russian Co-Chair of OSCE MG
France representation to OSCE: Paris calls on Azerbaijan to restore freedom of movement through Lachin corridor
Command of Kosovo forces highly appreciated preparation of Armenian peacekeepers
The United States withdrew from sanctions against Syria for six months the provision of assistance after the earthquake
Wind: 2.06 km/h