US State Department Troubled with the Situation in Azerbaijan
The US State Department has come up with a statement on the recent arrests in Azerbaijan, expressing concerns over the current situation in the country. The statement reads as follows:
"The United States is troubled by the August 12 arrest of Azerbaijani opposition Republican Alternative (REAL) Movement Executive Secretary Natig Jafarli. We also are troubled by reports of additional arrests of activists. We urge the Azerbaijani government to release these and other activists incarcerated in connection with exercising their fundamental freedoms, to respect the fundamental freedoms of its citizens, and to allow an open and public dialogue about the direction of the country, particularly in the run-up to the planned September 26 constitutional amendment referendum. We also urge the government to submit the constitutional amendments for a joint Venice Commission and ODIHR Opinion."
- Magnifier: Baku’s Imitation of Democracy And Peace-loving The program “Magnifier” dealt with issues related to human rights, recent amnesty and peace preparation in Azerbaijan.
- European Court Announces Two New Decisions against Azerbaijan The Strasbourg Court decided that each applicant should be paid an award of EUR 7,500 and another EUR 2,500 to reimburse the court expenses.
- ECHR Rejects Azerbaijan’s Appeal: What Is Next? The following measures will be either to suspend Azerbaijan’s voting rights and to expel Azerbaijan from the organisation.
- Composer of "The Promise" Movie Song Got Human Rights Watch Award The inaugural honor was given to the late legendary singer and songwriter Chris Cornell in recognition of his song, The Promise. The award was presented at The Voices for Justice Human Rights Watch Annual...
- UNESCO: 930 Journalists Have Been Killed in Last 11 Years In 2016 alone, the UNESCO Director-General condemned the killing of 102 journalists, media workers, and social media producers of public interest journalism. In 2012, the deadliest year for journalists,...
- Turkey is sending Cold War-era cluster bombs to Ukraine – FP The weapons are designed to destroy tanks by bursting into smaller submunitions, which can linger on the battlefield for years if they do not immediately explode. Each round scatters about 88 bomblets.
- Los Angeles mayor and city council president address US president on Lachin corridor issue Thank you, Mayor Bass, for joining me in communicating to President Biden the urgent need for U.S. leadership to lift the blockade and bring humanitarian relief to the people of Artsakh.
- US Committed to Helping Armenia and Azerbaijan Resolve Issues Peacefully: Blinken Spoke With Pashinyan The Secretary reiterated our commitment to helping Armenia and Azerbaijan resolve issues peacefully.
- Iran to Submit Final Conclusion Over Nuclear Deal Revival by Midnight In comments on Monday, Amirabdollahian said Iran is going to send its final conclusion about the JCPOA talks to the European coordinator in written form at midnight.
- Erdogan, Biden Might Meet in September- Media Turkey plans to buy 40 F-16 fighter jets from the US and upgrade another eighty. US President Joe Biden stated that he expects to receive the approval of the [US] Congress to sell F-16 fighter jets to...
The regular session of the Anti-corruption Policy Council takes place in Jermuk
The Prime Minister sends congratulatory messages to the supreme leader of Iran and the President of Iran
Armenia sends earthquake aid to Turkey
Commemoration of the Pontiff St. Sahak Partev
Some roads are closed and difficult to pass in Armenia
Phone conversation of the Foreign Minister of Armenia with the U.S. Assistant Secretary of State for European and Eurasian Affairs
Prime Minister Pashinyan and President Khachaturyan meet
Ararat Mirzoyan with Co-Chairman of the OSCE Minsk Group of France Brice Roquefeuil
Humans could land on Mars within 10 years, Musk predicts
France, US urge 'immediate' end to Nagorno Karabakh blockade
Blockaded Nagorno Karabakh launches fundraiser to support quake-hit Syria
Earthquake death toll in Turkey rises to 18,342
Ararat Mirzoyan Held a Telephone Conversation with Sergey Lavrov
French president rules out fighter jet supplies to Ukraine in near future
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
President Vahagn Khachaturyan wrote a note in the book of condolences opened in the Embassy of Syria in Armenia
Azerbaijan’s provocations impede establishment of peace and stability – Armenian FM tells Russian Co-Chair of OSCE MG
France representation to OSCE: Paris calls on Azerbaijan to restore freedom of movement through Lachin corridor
Command of Kosovo forces highly appreciated preparation of Armenian peacekeepers
The United States withdrew from sanctions against Syria for six months the provision of assistance after the earthquake
Wind: 0.51 km/h