The Third Referendum of National Importance Is Taking Place in Artsakh Today
"I am sure that in this symbolic day for our country, February 20 - Revival Day of Artsakh, the referendum on constitutional reforms will be held at the proper level. The referendum should be fair, organized and objective. I am sure that this is perceived both by those responsible for the electoral system, and the majority of citizens of NKR, realizing their right to vote," said the chairman of the CEC of Artsakh Srbuhi Arzumanyan.
According to her, for a quarter of century of the history of the Artsakh Republic two referendums of national importance have been organized in the country (February 20 will be the third national referendum), 5 presidential elections and 6 parliamentary elections, local referendums and elections to local authorities.
"In the Republic of Artsakh referendums and elections are generally characterized by active participation of citizens, for example, 82.2% of voters participated in the referendum on NKR Independence in 1991, 87.2% of NKR polulation participated in the referendum of NKR Constitution in 2006. The average participation in the elections is 65-70%. I hope that the participation of our citizens in the referendum on the Constitution of February 20 will be more active," said the chairman of the NKR CEC Srbuhi Arzumanyan.
It should be noted that the polling stations are open in Artsakh from 08.00 a.m. Today 102,757 NKR citizens have the right to vote.
- People in Artsakh Come to Polling Stations Also to Show That They Exist (EXCLUSIVE) It should be mentioned that the day of the referendum coincided with Artsakh Revival Day. I think that the people with their inner passion, as in 1988, subconsciously wanted to raise their voice.
- International Observers of Artsakh Referendum Are Sure: Being Unrecognized Does Not Impact the Will of the People “I hope Uruguay will also be the first country to recognize the independence of Nagorno-Karabakh.”
- 87.6% of Artsakh People Voted for Passing to Presidential System 79.428 (76.44% of the total number of voters) out of 103.766 citizens took part in the voting.
- Turkish Parliament Approves Constitution Change A total of 339 MPs voted in favor of the law that will now head to a referendum that will likely be held in early April.
- New Constitution in Turkey: Specially Prepared for Erdogan It is not accidental that Erdogan pushes referendum, in order to show that the constitutional reform package got the direct approval of the population.
The regular session of the Anti-corruption Policy Council takes place in Jermuk
The Prime Minister sends congratulatory messages to the supreme leader of Iran and the President of Iran
Armenia sends earthquake aid to Turkey
Commemoration of the Pontiff St. Sahak Partev
Some roads are closed and difficult to pass in Armenia
Phone conversation of the Foreign Minister of Armenia with the U.S. Assistant Secretary of State for European and Eurasian Affairs
Prime Minister Pashinyan and President Khachaturyan meet
Ararat Mirzoyan with Co-Chairman of the OSCE Minsk Group of France Brice Roquefeuil
Humans could land on Mars within 10 years, Musk predicts
France, US urge 'immediate' end to Nagorno Karabakh blockade
Blockaded Nagorno Karabakh launches fundraiser to support quake-hit Syria
Earthquake death toll in Turkey rises to 18,342
Ararat Mirzoyan Held a Telephone Conversation with Sergey Lavrov
French president rules out fighter jet supplies to Ukraine in near future
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
President Vahagn Khachaturyan wrote a note in the book of condolences opened in the Embassy of Syria in Armenia
Azerbaijan’s provocations impede establishment of peace and stability – Armenian FM tells Russian Co-Chair of OSCE MG
France representation to OSCE: Paris calls on Azerbaijan to restore freedom of movement through Lachin corridor
Command of Kosovo forces highly appreciated preparation of Armenian peacekeepers
The United States withdrew from sanctions against Syria for six months the provision of assistance after the earthquake
Wind: 0.51 km/h