People in Artsakh Come to Polling Stations Also to Show That They Exist (EXCLUSIVE)
The referendum that took place in Artsakh on February 20 was organized at high level in terms of corresponding to both legislative and international standards. This was declared by a famous Russian publicist, member of the Russian Association of International Law Denis Dvornikov, who was an observer at the referendum in a talk with "Armedia" IAA.
"I have basis to talk like that as I have been an observer in different parts of the world. Thus I think that everything passed according to the law and accepted rules," Dvornikov mentioned.
"From public moods I noticed a kind of an internal confidence towards the authorities. Besides, one should understand that any referendum in the territory of Artsakh, any election is not only a voting, but a manifesto of independence, manifesto of mature civil society. People come to polling stations not only to express their will, but also to show the whole world that they exist and they exist in a legal state," Dvornikov added.
It should be mentioned that the member of opposition Dashnaktsutyun party, representative of "NO" campaign, Davit Ishkhanyan also agrees with the assessments of the observation missions. "I think that the people, who have come here to conduct observation mission will give clearer assessments on the referendum, taking into consideration the international standards. We cannot talk about any problem in regard with holding the referendum. This referendum should be considered a valid one irrespective of the fact whether we were in favor of the draft or not."
According to him that high level of participation was quite unexpected for them. "As far as I remember, the number of the participants in the last parliamentary elections was comparatively few. It should be mentioned that the day of the referendum coincided with Artsakh Revival Day. I think that the people with their inner passion, as in 1988, subconsciously wanted to raise their voice," Ishkhanyan mentioned.
Another representative of "NO" campaign, opposition Deputy Hayk Khanumyan, however, does not agree with such assessments and thinks that during the referendum administrative resources were used. Representative of "YES" campaign, Deputy Vardges Baghryan in his turn did not rule out the possibility of violations during the referendum, but he is sure that those were insignificant.
"The referendum passed quite well. Usually referendums and elections in Artsaklh pass at high level without any incidents. Even if there are violations, they are insignificant. In this regard this referendum was not an exception. This is also evidenced by various international observers, journalists, who were not only in Stepanakert, but also in other regions of Arstakh. The referendum was shot, while "Azatutyun"radio station was broadcasting live. Thus the people quite freely expressed their will," Baghryan mentioned in a talk with "Armedia" IAA.
- International Observers of Artsakh Referendum Are Sure: Being Unrecognized Does Not Impact the Will of the People “I hope Uruguay will also be the first country to recognize the independence of Nagorno-Karabakh.”
- 87.6% of Artsakh People Voted for Passing to Presidential System 79.428 (76.44% of the total number of voters) out of 103.766 citizens took part in the voting.
- The Third Referendum of National Importance Is Taking Place in Artsakh Today It should be noted that the polling stations are open in Artsakh from 08.00 a.m. Today 102,757 NKR citizens have the right to vote.
- Turkish Parliament Approves Constitution Change A total of 339 MPs voted in favor of the law that will now head to a referendum that will likely be held in early April.
- New Constitution in Turkey: Specially Prepared for Erdogan It is not accidental that Erdogan pushes referendum, in order to show that the constitutional reform package got the direct approval of the population.
- President of Artsakh Attends Meeting of Defense Army’s Military Council The President highlighted that the Defense Army had always been and would remain the main guarantee of the independence, security and natural development of the Artsakh Republic expressing his confidence...
- President of Artsakh Partook at a Solemn Event Devoted to the Day of the Judicial System Worker President Sahakyan underlined that a fully functioning and professional judicial system complying with the letter and spirit of the law is of utmost importance for the establishment of democratic state,...
- President of Artsakh Attends Opening Ceremony of New Building of Kashatagh Regional Medical Center Minister of state Grigory Martirosyan and other officials partook at the event.
- President of Artsakh Convoked a Working Consultation around a Number of Issues on the Activities of Transport Police State Minister Grigory Martirosyan and other officials partook at the consultation.
- President of Artsakh Signed a Decree on the 2020 Winter Draft and Demobilization. In compliance with the decree in January 2020 servicemen who have completed their mandatory military service will be demobilized from the army.
There Are no Clearly Defined Dates for the Armenian and Azerbaijani Leaders' Meeting: Armenia's FM
Iranian MP Offers $3 Million Reward for 'Whoever Kills Trump': ISNA
Armenian Lawmakers to Send Letter to German Bundestag Because of Azerbaijani Tenor
Erdogan Calls on Putin to Facilitate Ceasefire in Idlib
President of the State of Palestine Gave a Precious Gift to Armenian Patriarch of Jerusalem
5 Day Weather forecast in Armenia
Trump's Impeachment Debate to Kick off Wednesday
Ex-Interpol Chief Meng Hongwei Sentenced to 13 Years in Jail
Saudi Military Opens First Women’s section
Armen Sarkissian Participated at the Opening of the World Economic Forum in Davos
Venezuela Crisis: Pompeo Pledges More US Support for Guaidó
Isis Founding Member Confirmed by Spies as Group's New Leader
President of Artsakh Attends Meeting of Defense Army’s Military Council
Some Roads in Armenia are Difficult to Pass
American Singer-Songwriter David Olney Died on Stage
Because of Azerbaijani Opera Singer's Attitude Armenian Soprano Expects Apologies from Opera Organizers
Artsakh’s General Elections to Take Place on March 31, 2020
For the First Time Ever Istanbul's Mayor Issues a Condolence Note on the Day of the Assassination of Hrant Dink
Armen Sarkissian in Zurich Met with Representatives of the French Thales Group
Axios: "Birth Tourism" is Trump's Next Immigration Target
Homemade Armenian Baklava: Kourtney Kardashian's Post Angers Turks
Armenia, Artsakh and the World Around: What the Stars Say
Among His Respective Achievements Alexis Ohanian Mentioned the Visit to Armenia
A. Gundjian, K. Sarkissian Named Members of Order of Canada by Governor-General Julie Payette
Nikol Pashinyan Addresses Congratulatory Message to Armenian People From Republican Square (PHOTOS)
The Hill: Armenian Church of Iran Included in Trump's List which He Threatened to Target
The Biggest Fashion Trends to Wear for Spring/Summer 2020
Nikol Pashinyan, Anna Hakobyan and Catholicos of All Armenians Vsit Army Unit Ahead of Holiday Season (PHOTOS)
Armenia's Constitutional Court Has Been Working under Unprecedented Pressure for the Last 6-7 Months: CC President
Armenia's Speaker of Parliament Visited Several North-Eastern Border Positions to Congratulate on New Year
Wind: 6 km/h