People in Artsakh Come to Polling Stations Also to Show That They Exist (EXCLUSIVE)
The referendum that took place in Artsakh on February 20 was organized at high level in terms of corresponding to both legislative and international standards. This was declared by a famous Russian publicist, member of the Russian Association of International Law Denis Dvornikov, who was an observer at the referendum in a talk with "Armedia" IAA.
"I have basis to talk like that as I have been an observer in different parts of the world. Thus I think that everything passed according to the law and accepted rules," Dvornikov mentioned.
"From public moods I noticed a kind of an internal confidence towards the authorities. Besides, one should understand that any referendum in the territory of Artsakh, any election is not only a voting, but a manifesto of independence, manifesto of mature civil society. People come to polling stations not only to express their will, but also to show the whole world that they exist and they exist in a legal state," Dvornikov added.
It should be mentioned that the member of opposition Dashnaktsutyun party, representative of "NO" campaign, Davit Ishkhanyan also agrees with the assessments of the observation missions. "I think that the people, who have come here to conduct observation mission will give clearer assessments on the referendum, taking into consideration the international standards. We cannot talk about any problem in regard with holding the referendum. This referendum should be considered a valid one irrespective of the fact whether we were in favor of the draft or not."
According to him that high level of participation was quite unexpected for them. "As far as I remember, the number of the participants in the last parliamentary elections was comparatively few. It should be mentioned that the day of the referendum coincided with Artsakh Revival Day. I think that the people with their inner passion, as in 1988, subconsciously wanted to raise their voice," Ishkhanyan mentioned.
Another representative of "NO" campaign, opposition Deputy Hayk Khanumyan, however, does not agree with such assessments and thinks that during the referendum administrative resources were used. Representative of "YES" campaign, Deputy Vardges Baghryan in his turn did not rule out the possibility of violations during the referendum, but he is sure that those were insignificant.
"The referendum passed quite well. Usually referendums and elections in Artsaklh pass at high level without any incidents. Even if there are violations, they are insignificant. In this regard this referendum was not an exception. This is also evidenced by various international observers, journalists, who were not only in Stepanakert, but also in other regions of Arstakh. The referendum was shot, while "Azatutyun"radio station was broadcasting live. Thus the people quite freely expressed their will," Baghryan mentioned in a talk with "Armedia" IAA.
- International Observers of Artsakh Referendum Are Sure: Being Unrecognized Does Not Impact the Will of the People “I hope Uruguay will also be the first country to recognize the independence of Nagorno-Karabakh.”
- 87.6% of Artsakh People Voted for Passing to Presidential System 79.428 (76.44% of the total number of voters) out of 103.766 citizens took part in the voting.
- The Third Referendum of National Importance Is Taking Place in Artsakh Today It should be noted that the polling stations are open in Artsakh from 08.00 a.m. Today 102,757 NKR citizens have the right to vote.
- Turkish Parliament Approves Constitution Change A total of 339 MPs voted in favor of the law that will now head to a referendum that will likely be held in early April.
- New Constitution in Turkey: Specially Prepared for Erdogan It is not accidental that Erdogan pushes referendum, in order to show that the constitutional reform package got the direct approval of the population.
- Arayik Harutyunyan Visited Festive Event On The Occasion Of The Artsakh Republic Proclamation On 8 September Artsakh Republic President Arayik Harutyunyan visited the town of Shoushi and partook in the festive event organized by the "Azat Hayreniq" party on the occasion of the Artsakh Republic...
- One New Case Of The Coronavirus Has Been Registered In Artsakh The Ministry of Health of the Republic of Artsakh informed that one new case of the coronavirus has been registered in Artsakh, but seven more persons have recovered, Information Headquarters reported.
- Artsakh President Awards The Authers Of The Stepanakert Aater Supply System Project The President of Artsakh Republic Arayik Haroutyunyan on Monday received a group of construction engineers and persons in charge on the eve of Artsakh Republic Day
- President of Artsakh Handed in Awards to a Group of Construction Sphere Representatives For the contribution to the sphere and in connection with the professional holiday the republic's President handed in awards and valuable gifts to a group of Artsakh Republic Municipal Engineering Ministry...
- President of Artsakh Signed a Decree On 21 July President Arayik Harutyunyan signed a decree on appointing Armen Sargsyan advisor to the Artsakh Republic President on education, science, culture, youth and sports.
President Armen Sarkissian Left on a Private Visit to the Russian Federation
We Have Always Felt the Support of Friendly France - PM Receives French Humanitarian Mission Delegation
4 Azeri Family-Members Killed in Fizuli Landmine Blast
5-Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
Roads are Open in the Republic of Armenia
1,248 New Cases of COVID-19 Confirmed in Armenia
Iran Accuses Israel, U.S. in Assassination of Nuclear Scientist
Bodies of Over 400 Armenian Servicemen Are Already Retrieved or Exchanged: Artsakh Ombudsman
Trump Implies He Won't Leave White House unless Biden Can Disprove Fraud
168 Explosive Devices Defused in Karabakh in Past Day: Russian Defense Ministry
Nikol Pashinyan to Leave for Moscow
Britain's Derby Recognizes Artsakh Independence
Armenia's PM Appoints New Deputy FM
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
French Minister of State Jean-Baptiste Lemoyne to Visit Armenia
Armenian National Team Advanced in FIFA/Coca-Cola World Rankings
UEFA Banned Qarabag FK Official from Exercising any Football-Related Activity for Life
Armenian, Azeri Militaries Specify Deployment Locations of Outposts Amid Border Demarcation
Berdzor Residents Receive Security Guarantees and Stop Evacuation
Azerbaijan Artificially Delays the Process of Exchange of the Prisoners of War and Bodies: The Urgent Call of the Human Rights Defender of Armenia to the International Community
Cher Appeals to US Government to Help Armenia, Artsakh (VIDEO)
Kim Kardashian Speaks on Artsakh Peace Deal: This is Goodbye, for Now
Foreign Minister Zohrab Mnatsakanyan Held Phone Conversations with the Representatives of the OSCE Minsk Group Co-Chair Countries
Territorial Concessions and the Announced Terms Have Not Been Discussed with the Authorities of Artsakh: Vahram Poghosyan
A New Era Starts in the Caucasus: Georgian President
Artsakh Foreign Minister Masis Mayilian Sent a Letter to the UNESCO Director-General Audrey Azoulay
5-Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
First Aurora Humanitarian Aid Projects for Artsakh Announced
Armenia’s MFA Spokesperson: Aliyev Confirms Absence of Any Justification of Deliberate Targeting of the Civilian Population and Civilian Infrastructure
Wind: 4 km/h