People in Artsakh Come to Polling Stations Also to Show That They Exist (EXCLUSIVE)
The referendum that took place in Artsakh on February 20 was organized at high level in terms of corresponding to both legislative and international standards. This was declared by a famous Russian publicist, member of the Russian Association of International Law Denis Dvornikov, who was an observer at the referendum in a talk with "Armedia" IAA.
"I have basis to talk like that as I have been an observer in different parts of the world. Thus I think that everything passed according to the law and accepted rules," Dvornikov mentioned.
"From public moods I noticed a kind of an internal confidence towards the authorities. Besides, one should understand that any referendum in the territory of Artsakh, any election is not only a voting, but a manifesto of independence, manifesto of mature civil society. People come to polling stations not only to express their will, but also to show the whole world that they exist and they exist in a legal state," Dvornikov added.
It should be mentioned that the member of opposition Dashnaktsutyun party, representative of "NO" campaign, Davit Ishkhanyan also agrees with the assessments of the observation missions. "I think that the people, who have come here to conduct observation mission will give clearer assessments on the referendum, taking into consideration the international standards. We cannot talk about any problem in regard with holding the referendum. This referendum should be considered a valid one irrespective of the fact whether we were in favor of the draft or not."
According to him that high level of participation was quite unexpected for them. "As far as I remember, the number of the participants in the last parliamentary elections was comparatively few. It should be mentioned that the day of the referendum coincided with Artsakh Revival Day. I think that the people with their inner passion, as in 1988, subconsciously wanted to raise their voice," Ishkhanyan mentioned.
Another representative of "NO" campaign, opposition Deputy Hayk Khanumyan, however, does not agree with such assessments and thinks that during the referendum administrative resources were used. Representative of "YES" campaign, Deputy Vardges Baghryan in his turn did not rule out the possibility of violations during the referendum, but he is sure that those were insignificant.
"The referendum passed quite well. Usually referendums and elections in Artsaklh pass at high level without any incidents. Even if there are violations, they are insignificant. In this regard this referendum was not an exception. This is also evidenced by various international observers, journalists, who were not only in Stepanakert, but also in other regions of Arstakh. The referendum was shot, while "Azatutyun"radio station was broadcasting live. Thus the people quite freely expressed their will," Baghryan mentioned in a talk with "Armedia" IAA.
Other materials on this subject
- International Observers of Artsakh Referendum Are Sure: Being Unrecognized Does Not Impact the Will of the People “I hope Uruguay will also be the first country to recognize the independence of Nagorno-Karabakh.”
- 87.6% of Artsakh People Voted for Passing to Presidential System 79.428 (76.44% of the total number of voters) out of 103.766 citizens took part in the voting.
- The Third Referendum of National Importance Is Taking Place in Artsakh Today It should be noted that the polling stations are open in Artsakh from 08.00 a.m. Today 102,757 NKR citizens have the right to vote.
- Turkish Parliament Approves Constitution Change A total of 339 MPs voted in favor of the law that will now head to a referendum that will likely be held in early April.
- New Constitution in Turkey: Specially Prepared for Erdogan It is not accidental that Erdogan pushes referendum, in order to show that the constitutional reform package got the direct approval of the population.
Other materials on this subject
- Vahram Baghdasaryan Is Appointed The Minister Of Finance Of Artsakh President of the Artsakh Republic Arayik Harutyunyan signed a decree on appointing Vahram Baghdasaryan minister of finance.
- Arayik Harutyunyan Introduced The Newly Appointed State Minister To The Members Of The Government On June 2 President Arayik Harutyunyan visited the staff of the State Minister of the Artsakh Republic, introduced the newly appointed State Minister Artak Beglaryan to the members of the Government and...
- Arayik Harutyunyan Visited Festive Event On The Occasion Of The Artsakh Republic Proclamation On 8 September Artsakh Republic President Arayik Harutyunyan visited the town of Shoushi and partook in the festive event organized by the "Azat Hayreniq" party on the occasion of the Artsakh Republic...
- One New Case Of The Coronavirus Has Been Registered In Artsakh The Ministry of Health of the Republic of Artsakh informed that one new case of the coronavirus has been registered in Artsakh, but seven more persons have recovered, Information Headquarters reported.
- Artsakh President Awards The Authers Of The Stepanakert Aater Supply System Project The President of Artsakh Republic Arayik Haroutyunyan on Monday received a group of construction engineers and persons in charge on the eve of Artsakh Republic Day
The regular session of the Anti-corruption Policy Council takes place in Jermuk
The Prime Minister sends congratulatory messages to the supreme leader of Iran and the President of Iran
Armenia sends earthquake aid to Turkey
Commemoration of the Pontiff St. Sahak Partev
Some roads are closed and difficult to pass in Armenia
Phone conversation of the Foreign Minister of Armenia with the U.S. Assistant Secretary of State for European and Eurasian Affairs
Prime Minister Pashinyan and President Khachaturyan meet
Ararat Mirzoyan with Co-Chairman of the OSCE Minsk Group of France Brice Roquefeuil
Humans could land on Mars within 10 years, Musk predicts
France, US urge 'immediate' end to Nagorno Karabakh blockade
Blockaded Nagorno Karabakh launches fundraiser to support quake-hit Syria
Earthquake death toll in Turkey rises to 18,342
Ararat Mirzoyan Held a Telephone Conversation with Sergey Lavrov
French president rules out fighter jet supplies to Ukraine in near future
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
President Vahagn Khachaturyan wrote a note in the book of condolences opened in the Embassy of Syria in Armenia
Azerbaijan’s provocations impede establishment of peace and stability – Armenian FM tells Russian Co-Chair of OSCE MG
France representation to OSCE: Paris calls on Azerbaijan to restore freedom of movement through Lachin corridor
Command of Kosovo forces highly appreciated preparation of Armenian peacekeepers
The United States withdrew from sanctions against Syria for six months the provision of assistance after the earthquake
Wind: 1.54 km/h